1986: primetime soaps, instinctive timelines, listening to nature, etc...

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Medals
And then continue with DYNASTY II (5 seasons of The Colbys), and after that DYNASTY III.
Could that work, Dynasty as a franchise-soap?
DYNASTY III: THE FALLMONTS
DYNASTY IV: THE DEXTER'S
DYNASTY V: THE AYNDERS
DYNASTY VI: THE GUNNERSONS
DYNASTY VII: THE CURTIS'
DYNASTY VIII: THE SKELETONS IN THE MANSION BASEMENT
DYNASTY 9: THE BODIES IN THE LAKE
DYNASTY 10: THE AMNESIACS

yeah I could this franchise working ;)

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
DYNASTY III: THE FALLMONTS
THOSE DAMNED FALLMONTS

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 said:
DYNASTY VI: THE GUNNERSONS
EVEN THE HORSES WERE HOMOSEXUAL (based on a quip from Dale Robertson about DYNASTY) featuring Mrs Gunnerson and Walter Lankershim who run off together for romance in the Tetons.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Medals
THOSE DAMNED FALLMONTS

EVEN THE HORSES WERE HOMOSEXUAL (based on a quip from Dale Robertson about DYNASTY) featuring Mrs Gunnerson and Walter Lankershim who run off together for romance in the Tetons.
DYNASTY 11: THE HOMOSEXUAL HORSES
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: WALTER LANKERSHIM
PREMISES: FORMER BUSINESS PARTNER OF MATTHEW BLAISDEL DISAPPEARED IN THE MID 1980S AND NOW HE HAS BEEN FOUND.....LIVING AT DELTA RHO, CONVINCED THAT HE IS A HORSE....A HOMOSEXUAL HORSE.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
And then continue with DYNASTY II (5 seasons of The Colbys), and after that DYNASTY III.
Could that work, Dynasty as a franchise-soap?
Actually, it could. Although given the way forum members praise the old films aesthetics of the soap, maybe year 1 should have been set back then--or maybe the first two years.
On a related note, my favorite soapy novel, Wuthering Heights, did two generations in two different eras. I would like to see some show do that,

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
Actually, it could. Although given the way forum members praise the old films aesthetics of the soap, maybe year 1 should have been set back then--or maybe the first two years.
On a related note, my favorite soapy novel, Wuthering Heights, did two generations in two different eras. I would like to see some show do that,
DYNASTY should certainly have been more noir than it generally was.

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Why did Katherine Wentworth show up but not her "brothers"?
Has anyone been reading my mind lately...when I was working on my future "Ewing Empire" episodes? I´ve always been sure that Katherine had an INTENSE social life...

:danc::danc::spinning::spinning:

Reactions: Ked

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I see it this way: The 1985-86 year was the year of 'all or nothing bat shit craziness' and the 1987-88 year was the year of 'tired, grainy pictured, boredness'.

Both years are mirror images of one another, especially for Dynasty, I've said before that the 1987-88 year was a bargain binned, do over of season 6, what with them hashing out the original planned season 6 storylines but with major revisions ie: Alexis becoming queen of Moldavia was revised into Alexis wanting to become governor for Colorado, Sammy Jo having an affair with Prince Michael was delayed and later changed into another one of her cousin in law: Jeff
Amanda having an affair with Dex was redone with Leslie and Sean.

As for when the soaps should've ended, DALLAS in truth should've ended in 1987, when it had come more or less full circle on itself, and 1987 seemed like the right time to end it, not least for the fact that reverse the last two numbers of 1987 you get 1978, numerically this seems to fit in a funny way.

Falcons Crest should've ended in 1988, Knots Landing in 1989 and Dynasty, under Paulsen and a major revamp over the summer of 1989 could easily have ran to 1991, Dynasty by season 9 was ready for the 1990s, in a way that DALLAS and FC weren't.
To me "Dallas" should´ve never ended...that would be a way to avoid TNT fiasco happen!! Before the Cidre House, I used to dream that I never knew it still was in the air and when I knew, I was so pissed I´d missed...what, 20 seasons? Go figure! And VP had come back, of course...but it all was...dreamy. The TNT Pilot certainly was very much like it, and also the Season 2 Finale with Pam´s fate plot!!

Anyway, realistically, I would have ended "Dallas" in 1984 with Bobby´s death, "Knots Landing" is ok the way it is (minus the Miniseries), and "Falcon Crest" was finished the right way (Angela´s toast), but the 3 last seasons weren´t necessary at all. I would have ended it after the mansion´s second fire with Melissa dying, and Angela getting everything back because...what else was left for the show to do? Re "Dynasty", well, a well-planned, well-shot (if you know what I mean with "well-planned shots"...) would have been delicious...Just kidding. :eek::D