The Bold and the Beautiful 2 actors cast

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Delon de Metz has been cast as the new Zende Forrester, last played by Rome Flynn.

Tanner Novlan has been cast as Dr John Finnegan, a new love interest for Steffy.

Tanner Novlan and Delon de Metz

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Denise Richards's husband Aaron has been "cast" as Ridge. He will be standing in for Thorsten Kaye in some scenes with Denise because of COVID-19 restrictions. His face will not be seen, only his body. ;)

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
It was always confusing to me that Rome Flynn was doing B&B as well as being a featured player on The Haves and The Have Nots, a primetime soap filmed in Atlanta. It's difficult to distinguish just how far ahead HAHN films their seasons, or whether Flynn got the Bells to let him do both--it just looked like he was doing both shows for a period of time. In the most recent season of HAHN his character (a con man named RK) supposedly went into hiding from the FBI (and from the show's Queen B!tch Veronica), but now that he's definitely not returning to B&B maybe RK will be out of hiding this fall.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medals
Steffy's love interest will be sampled by Brooke at some point

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I think they have retired Brooke's old dog in heat ways now that the actress is almost 60. If they have, it would be a shame. 60 is no age nowadays. She can easily go on another 10 years.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medals
I guess if Rachel Cory and Reva Shayne can have late life babies, why not Brooke? Though it was established when she was pregnant with Bill's baby that it was a change of life pregnancy

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I guess if Rachel Cory and Reva Shayne can have late life babies, why not Brooke? Though it was established when she was pregnant with Bill's baby that it was a change of life pregnancy
Not to mention when Sally Spectra was pregnant with CJ and then a few years later tricked everyone she was pregnant with Jack's baby - and people believed her.

Still, with an almost 60 y.o. Brooke having grandkids and the actress also having grandkids herself (KKL has 2 grandkids), I honestly think her pregnancy days are over. She has to be menopausal or even past that stage.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Rachel Cory Hutchins was a grandmother and technically a great-grandmother (her stepdaughter Iris was also a grandmother), but the show plowed ahead anyway. But yes, you're right--they would not push Brooke into yet another of those plotlines. No matter how hilarious it might be.
It would be the first recorded birth that was covered by Medicare!:floor:

tommie

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
It was always confusing to me that Rome Flynn was doing B&B as well as being a featured player on The Haves and The Have Nots, a primetime soap filmed in Atlanta. It's difficult to distinguish just how far ahead HAHN films their seasons, or whether Flynn got the Bells to let him do both--it just looked like he was doing both shows for a period of time. In the most recent season of HAHN his character (a con man named RK) supposedly went into hiding from the FBI (and from the show's Queen B!tch Veronica), but now that he's definitely not returning to B&B maybe RK will be out of hiding this fall.
Tyler Perry shows basically shoot their seasons in huge blocks akin to how DAYS does it and are done filming in three-four weeks. So I assume he might shoot his episodes on THATH in one block and could theoretically be done in less than a week.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Tyler Perry shows basically shoot their seasons in huge blocks akin to how DAYS does it
I recall Tika Sumpter (who plays Candace on HAHN) had a baby IRL and I kept watching the show to see if they would write the pregnancy in or if they'd do the PPP treatment (potted plants and purses) to disguise her. I think two whole seasons passed before I noticed her starting to show. So yeah, they film waaay ahead.

And since Rome Flynn's scenes were always with the same 3-4 characters (with a few exceptions) it would be easier for him to do large batches of scenes and head back to LA.

But back to B&B: they say new episodes will start airing on MONDAY. Quite a quick turnaround. Turns out two of the episodes that will air next week had been completed (out of sequence) prior to the shutdown, so there will be no time jumps or 'resets'--it'll just pick up where things left off.

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
If I remember correctly, B&B tapes 8 episodes per week (one week = 4 workdays). Some weeks in the year are dark so all actors can have time off at the same time. They usually tape around 4-6 weeks ahead of broadcasting.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Well, color me surprised!
When reading an interview with 'Steffy's new guy,' I realized Tanner Novlan is the guy from that Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial that was in heavy rotation about a year ago. Ironically, he was playing a conceited, rather dim actor. o_O

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Zende will be in a storyline with Zoe & Carter. Lawrence Saint-Victor has been upped to contract.