Buffy / Angel 20 years since Buffy premiered!

K

Karin Schill

I only watched the Buffy movie after I saw the TV-series. The best thing about it was Luke Perry.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I only watched the Buffy movie after I saw the TV-series. The best thing about it was Luke Perry.
It’s not what it was supposed to be. I enjoy it more now than before. It’s nostalgia. But it will never be what the show was.
Did you ever read the comic book based the original screenplay?

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It doesn't feel like 20 years. Where did the time go?

I didn't know there were reaction videos to tv series too. I have watched a few when people who works with music hears some Swedish singers I like for the first time. It's fun to watch them get all excited about it.
This is the one I’m currently watching. I just finished season 5 and season 2 angel. About to watch the season reviews which are 2 and a half to 3 hours each.
He really goes in depth. Very insightful.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i know right good pun but yeah i don't want it to be that long either as i was 18 when it first Premiered in March of (1997) i turned 19 later that year and now i'm 44 later this year 45 guess which age i'd rather be?

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It’s not what it was supposed to be. I enjoy it more now than before. It’s nostalgia. But it will never be what the show was.
i know right good pun but yeah i don't want it to be that long either as i was 18 when it first Premiered in March of (1997) i turned 19 later that year and now i'm 44 later this year 45 guess which age i'd rather be?
You and me both. I’m a little older than you are. Only a few years but yes, being 18 19 20 seemed much easier but I also now know what I know now.
I was 22 when Buffy started but didn’t start watching until 1999.

K

Karin Schill

I know what you mean. I was 19 going on 20 when I began watching Buffy in 2000.
Swedish TV started broadcasting it a few years behind the US like always.
I spent the summer of 2000 in Wales. They were broadcasting season three of Buffy at the time. After that I gave up on following it on Swedish TV and ended up buying box sets on VHS from the UK to keep up with the show.

Nah I missed that one. I have read a lot of the scripts though since my sister bought the script books from season 1-3 and Once More With Feeling.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I know what you mean. I was 19 going on 20 when I began watching Buffy in 2000.
Swedish TV started broadcasting it a few years behind the US like always.
I spent the summer of 2000 in Wales. They were broadcasting season three of Buffy at the time. After that I gave up on following it on Swedish TV and ended up buying box sets on VHS from the UK to keep up with the show.

Nah I missed that one. I have read a lot of the scripts though since my sister bought the script books from season 1-3 and Once More With Feeling.
There are script books? The comic book is just what joss whedon originally envisioned for the movie and I guess adding some elements from the tv show.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once more with a feeling has never been among my favorites but i do like the music though. i have the soundtrack on cd when that 1st came out back than
The musical is fun the music is good. I like it. But for me the best episode is hush. The super creepy gentlemen and their straight jacket type wearing minions.
6E13484C-D066-4B7A-8225-9CE2BCAC27F1.jpeg

Can't even shout
Can't even cry
The gentlemen are coming by
Looking in windows
Knocking on doors
They need to take seven
And they might take yours
Can't call to mum
Can't say a word
You're gonna die screaming
But you won't be heard

I might rather be trapped in Quor'toth with holtz and Connor…..

K

Karin Schill

There are script books? The comic book is just what joss whedon originally envisioned for the movie and I guess adding some elements from the tv show.
Yeah. Some are really expensive now. Others are still ok in prize. You can browse here:

Last edited by a moderator:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
if i recall those creepy ass Mofo's are from an episode called Hush from season 3 i think? i think it's a high school episode i want to say. i have a couple buffy books actually. there was a new one that came out early last year that i don't remember the name of it but it was updated on i think what would they be doing now? i haven't read it but i did download it. one of the books i own is Chaos Bleeds which was a fantastic Video game for the game cube and Xbox in (2003)