2024 anyone?

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
There's already speculation that Trump will run again in 2024. With Biden widely expected not to seek a second term we might just see that Harris vs Trump contest after all.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
That wouldn't surprise me. Biden was likely the contingency to get Harris in the White House after her own campaign crashed and burned. I doubt they even like each other.

I assume Harris would still have to face a primary if she's not the incumbent. Not that it matters, as the DNC will ensure that she's their nominee this time.

Trump's a narcissist who refuses to accept the election results, so I can certainly see him running again to prove himself.

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Trump's a narcissist who refuses to accept the election results, so I can certainly see him running again to prove himself
I vaguely recall Trump claiming in 2016 that the election was going to be rigged against him. Until he won, which was therefore automatically a massive historic landslide victory. Despite most US presidential elections producing winners with more electoral votes. Although when Biden got that number, Trump claimed that the election was rigged. Even though Trump said he is the most successful person ever to run for the Presidency by far and nobody’s been more successful than him and he is the most successful person ever to run for the Presidency by far and nobody has been more successful than him and he is the most successful person ever to run. Oh, I’ve got some malignant narcissists in the family, who he seems like a milder version of. My door is always locked and bolted to them.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
There's already speculation that Trump will run again in 2024. With Biden widely expected not to seek a second term we might just see that Harris vs Trump contest after all.
But would Trump put himself up for the possibility of repeating the experience of losing again though? Do you think he is handling losing this one well?

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
would Trump put himself up for the possibility of repeating the experience of losing again though? Do you think he is handling losing this one well?
He is not acknowledging that he has lost. From all appearances he genuinely seems to think it's been stolen from him. So, yes, I think he'd be up for revenge.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
He is not acknowledging that he has lost. From all appearances he genuinely seems to think it's been stolen from him. So, yes
It doesn’t seem genuine to me. More of an ego-saving conspiracy fiction he has created, deflecting from his loss. When Trump had 306 electoral college votes in 2016, he kept repeatedly slipping it into conversations, calling it a historic landslide victory. He said that he slaughtered them. And he has said that Biden won but then said it was a rigged election and that he would never concede. And he revenge fired his election cyber security chief, Chris Krebs, after Krebs (appointed by Trump) said the election was the most secure in American history. Which along with the result itself, would inflict a narcissistic injury, exposing Trump fibs.

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
He is not acknowledging that he has lost. From all appearances he genuinely seems to think it's been stolen from him. So, yes, I think he'd be up for revenge.
Which is interesting. Trump previously said that 306 electoral college votes was rather decisive:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Well, it isn’t uncommon for narcissists to over time come to believe in their own fiction.

I’ve seen Trump making election campaign statements where he actually says that he will believe the results if he wins! When he doesn’t, the failure appears to be projected on to others.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
it isn’t uncommon for narcissists to over time come to believe in their own fiction.
This is what I've started to think about him. A normal liar will say things in the hope of fooling the listener. Trump says things so outrageous that surely he could not expect to be believed unless he believes it himself. It's quite sad really.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
This is what I've started to think about him. A normal liar will say things in the hope of fooling the listener. Trump says things so outrageous that surely he could not expect to be believed unless he believes it himself. It's quite sad really.
Well, I was just viewing a comment from a few days ago, from clinical psychologist Mary Trump (his niece), where she said that Donald Trump “is the only person I’ve ever met who can gaslight himself.” She also said, “I don’t think he’s ever accepted the truth of the loss. I don’t think he’s psychologically or emotionally capable of that.”