Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Now, for all the Spanish speakers who are "Dallas" fans, the previous video about the Cliffhangers dubbed into Spanish with the original voices:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As I did with the Cliffhanger video, here is the version with the Spanish dubbing. I hope those fans from my country and Latin America who lurk around here enjoy it! More videos coming soon!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here comes another video tribute to "Dallas" in its 40th anniversary...going on 41!! :hp:

This time it´s devoted to the "seduction scenes", so the content might be inappropriate for little children though...is there any little children in this forum? You can see clips from scenes, divided into 4 subcategories: Family affairs, business & pleasure, and love & marriage. I hope you enjoy it! English subtitles are optional too, and soon I´ll also post the versions of this video dubbed into Spanish and Catalan. Keep the fun going!

:bw: :party: :balloon:

PS: I forgot to add the Winger Tramp Alert especially to avoid scares to our @Sarah!

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Here´s the Spanish version of the video, for all the Latin audiences out there! ;)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here´s my newest Dallas video, this time a Top 40+1 "Dallas" quotes. Enjoy it! And please post your opinion here and if you agree with my selection of the best quotes from the show.:dance:

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
ahhhhh @Toni - so many great scenes and quotes from the glory days
Thanks xx

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
ahhhhh @Toni - so many great scenes and quotes from the glory days
Thanks xx

You´re welcome BF! There will be more Top 10 scenes coming soon, which will include the "other" soaps, probably, maybe...

:ty::wave:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Gosh @Toni you have spent so much time and effort to capture those iconic lines. Thank you!
@Victoriafan3, you´d be surprised at how little time I spent listing the lines (I have made other videos recently with scene clips), actually I had to let out a few said by not-so-memorable characters...The technical part is not difficult, but it is to say: "Yes, I think today I´ll make that video I´ve been thinking of"...Oh and Sue Ellen´s "facial tissue" clip with Mandy is dedicated to our @Sarah, of course. I didn´t include Mandy´s face (what for?)...:spinning::spinning::spinning:

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here´s the Spanish-dubbed version of the previous video for all the Latin "Dallas" fans. More videos coming soon! And to all the skillful video makers here, remember that our favorite show is celebrating its 40º anniversary! Time to celebrate!!

:birthday:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here´s my newest video tribute to "Dallas" for its 40th anniversary. This time it´s a Top 12 (+1...) of best scenes without dialogues. Although the "Dallas" writers weren´t so keen on doing this kind of scenes as the "Knots Landing" ones, in the show´s heyday a scene without dialogue would imply a) there was an issue that was going to be dealt with seriously, b) Barbara Bel Geddes and, less often, Victoria Principal, Linda Gray and Susan Howard, would be showing off their acting chops.

I´m going to start a thread for this subject in order to discuss if scenes without dialogues were good in a show like "Dallas". Meanwhile you can watch the video:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have just uploaded a Christmas video postcard you can watch down there, in my signature.

Paraphrasing good ol´ Sophia Petrillo: "Picture this! Dallas, 2018. Christmas Day. In a very exclusive ballroom of the city, the best families of all the major soap operas of the 80´s reunite. The Ewings, the Barneses, the Carringtons, the Colbys, the Channings, the Cumsons, the Ewings of California, that Abster slut, the Matheson girls, and so on...Actually nothing really happens, because it´s a Christmas postcard so they have to be happy at the end...Well, maybe someone gets drunk and does something really weird..."

I hope you like it!! More soap mixes will come next year in the form of Top Tens. I´ll keep you updated!!

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have just uploaded a Christmas video postcard you can watch down there, in my signature.

Paraphrasing good ol´ Sophia Petrillo: "Picture this! Dallas, 2018. Christmas Day. In a very exclusive ballroom of the city, the best families of all the major soap operas of the 80´s reunite. The Ewings, the Barneses, the Carringtons, the Colbys, the Channings, the Cumsons, the Ewings of California, that Abster slut, the Matheson girls, and so on...Actually nothing really happens, because it´s a Christmas postcard so they have to be happy at the end...Well, maybe someone gets drunk and does something really weird..."

I hope you like it!! More soap mixes will come next year in the form of Top Tens. I´ll keep you updated!!

Excellent work Toni! Really nicely done and with a wonderfully festive feel as you intended. I can imagine that was quite a bit of work. :bravo::10::17:

southfork88

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here´s my newest video tribute to "Dallas" for its 40th anniversary. This time it´s a Top 12 (+1...) of best scenes without dialogues. Although the "Dallas" writers weren´t so keen on doing this kind of scenes as the "Knots Landing" ones, in the show´s heyday a scene without dialogue would imply a) there was an issue that was going to be dealt with seriously, b) Barbara Bel Geddes and, less often, Victoria Principal, Linda Gray and Susan Howard, would be showing off their acting chops.

I´m going to start a thread for this subject in order to discuss if scenes without dialogues were good in a show like "Dallas". Meanwhile you can watch the video:

Perfect ... with pathos !

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...now that we know what you are, let's haggle over your fee.

Still one of the best lines to come from Dallas. I dips my hat to those creative types behind the scenes of Dallas who decided to allow Donna to walk into some run down bar wearing her priceless fur coat. That's a character taking ownership of the situation.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...now that we know what you are, let's haggle over your fee.

Still one of the best lines to come from Dallas. I dips my hat to those creative types behind the scenes of Dallas who decided to allow Donna to walk into some run down bar wearing her priceless fur coat. That's a character taking ownership of the situation.

When I re-watched this scene (the one at the Krebbs house), I realized it was a much better-thought scene than what it seemed. Donna gets into the bedroom, sees Ray sleeping (apparently) and covers him with a mattress, and then she changes her raincoat for the now famous fur coat. And...takes some dollars from another dress. As she walks out, the camera zooms in and we see that Ray is not asleep, and looks like hell, but somewhat relieved because Donna is showing still some love for him. And all this without a word.

K

Karin Schill

Nice job on your Christmas tribute Toni. I just watched it and it was cleverly put together some fancy parties and dancing from different soaps. It almost looked like they belonged to the same fandom.That is a compliment to you. :)

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
That was a great dose of wonderful nostalgia - thanks for that @Toni
So many great scenes, tunes and clips from original Dallas

I really think that WB were wrong to edit out the music in the scenes where Miss Ellie is lying in bed then comes downstairs only to hear they didnt find Jock in S America

I have played a game with myslef, Im listening to it on another page and trying to guess the scene and then checking to see if im right
Im doing quite well - some are so memorable

Gets an A+ from me

well done xx

:bravo1:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That was a great dose of wonderful nostalgia - thanks for that @Toni
So many great scenes, tunes and clips from original Dallas

I really think that WB were wrong to edit out the music in the scenes where Miss Ellie is lying in bed then comes downstairs only to hear they didnt find Jock in S America

I have played a game with myslef, Im listening to it on another page and trying to guess the scene and then checking to see if im right
Im doing quite well - some are so memorable

Gets an A+ from me

well done xx

:bravo1:
Thanks a lot for your kind words, a double compliment coming from THE BF !! Music is so underrated in our shows that I often try to put them up there where they belong. In my other YouTube channel I have three playlists with my selections of best scores for "Dallas", "Dynasty" and "Knots Landing" (not the scenes, only stills with tapings of the scores):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV3YZhDoD9ZkW3N6MbJzt2W6kE09QBxSP

You know that BBG usually had long scenes written for her, sometimes without dialogues, and big scores accompanied her Miss Ellie. A video could be done with only the scores they wrote for her scenes.

Next video though will be devoted to one of the "other" supersoaps... Coming soon in your screens...