A black DYNASTY?

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
Eons before EMPIRE, I always thought spinning off Dominique and Brady's twin brother, Grady (because Brady died in the La Mirage fire) to a show set in the bayous of Louisiana about the wealthy Lloyd family would be a great idea.

Who would be cast? What would the stories be?

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
I imagine there would be an old decaying mansion and some hoodoo going on, in the vein of "The Skeleton Key."

FYI: I actually have lived in southern Louisiana, pro-Katrina

Last edited:

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
I imagine there would be an old decaying mansion and some hoodoo going on, in the vein of "The Skeleton Key."

FYI: I actually have lived in southern Louisiana, pro-Katrina
You know the only thing that ruined THE SKELETON KEY? The generic movie trailer music which went "boom!" every three seconds. It's so bad, they need to re-score it.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Queen Sugar is currently holding down the fort.

But if this happened, I'd like to see a family of conjuresses (in which the men don't survive) living in close proximity to the main family.

Dominique's old family name being Lu Matisse or something like that. It's the closest French Creole name to Matthews that I can think of right now -- since Matthieu doesn't have a ring to it. The Denver branch eventually becoming, simply, the Matthews.

And maybe Laura Matthews (nee Lu Matisse) and Emily Carrington are actually related due to the family history of placage through which they're connected.