• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

A Country Practice to return?

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There's rumours swirling that A Country Practice may be next to get the reboot treatment on Aussie TV. Fremantle, who are responsible for rebooting Prisoner as Wentworth, are reportedly behind the plans, with no network attached to the project yet.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/10/a-country-practice-plans-reboot.html

Of all the 80's soaps, I'd love to see Sons and Daughters get a reboot but I suppose ACP is the easiest premise to revive for a modern audience as a one hour a week drama. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Channel Nine announced a Return To Eden remake a few years ago but nothing came of it.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Return To Eden got cancelled for financial reasons, which ironically was also the reason it didn't go to a second series back in 1986.

I loved the mini series & the follow up series. Here's the stars of the series, from left Peta Toppano as Jilly Stewart, Daniel Abineri as Jake Sanders, Rebecca Gilling as Stephanie Harper & James Smillie as Doctor Dan Marshall.

edencast.jpg
RTE2.jpg

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I absolutely loved A Country Practice but a big part of the attraction of the show was the charm and chemistry of the actors so the new casting directors will have to do an amazing job to capture the magic of the original series.