• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

A&Q - Who Said What? Answer, Then Post Your Line

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"Well, as long as he keeps pitchin' hay and mindin' the cows I'll take care of him when I have to."

Guzz: that sounds like JR about Ray, but I don’t know the context
Swami: JR to Sue Ellen about Ray, not long after Ray is revealed as Jock's fourth son.

s04e08 - Trouble at Ewing 23, the episode after THE FOURTH SON where Ray is exposed as Jock's son.

"Nobody is gonna talk about the Ewings and get away with it."

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got one,

"Its a classic move Bobby, it works every time"

I'm glad you posted that Jon Ewing, Jr. Because there is so much more behind the comment than it seems.

During the contest to see who will win Ewing Oil, Bobby finally decides that he needs to get down in the mud to beat J.R. so he decides to set up George Hicks, the energy commissioner.

Bobby goes to Carl Daggett to line up the blackmail. Carl approves of the blackmail, saying, "Its a classic move, Bobby, it works every time".

The reason that this line has some extra meaning behind it is that in Bobby's mind, this is a one time thing that he has never done before and will never do again.

But when he hears "It works every time", Bobby realizes that doing this once is just as bad as doing it all the time.

Great scene.

And I guess you can now easily guess this next one:

"Ewing, I gotta give you credit. You are just as dirty as your famous brother."

Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, we all learned from Bobby during BARBECUE that "You never cross a Ewing".

"But he didn't have anything against improvement of the land. Otherwise we'd still be living in that little clapboard house."

this was Jock to Miss Ellie, I believe when Guzzler and Bobby were planning on building their shopping center

"This is the biggest thing since the invention of the hot dog!"

I'm glad you posted that Jon Ewing, Jr. Because there is so much more behind the comment than it seems.

During the contest to see who will win Ewing Oil, Bobby finally decides that he needs to get down in the mud to beat J.R. so he decides to set up George Hicks, the energy commissioner.

Bobby goes to Carl Daggett to line up the blackmail. Carl approves of the blackmail, saying, "Its a classic move, Bobby, it works every time".

The reason that this line has some extra meaning behind it is that in Bobby's mind, this is a one time thing that he has never done before and will never do again.

But when he hears "It works every time", Bobby realizes that doing this once is just as bad as doing it all the time.

Great scene.

And I guess you can now easily guess this next one:

"Ewing, I gotta give you credit. You are just as dirty as your famous brother."

that's gotta be the wonderfully sleazy Daggett himself!

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Want to know an interesting thing about Carl Daggett?

The actor who played him, Charles Napier, was yet another Dallas actor who was also on Star Trek!

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Want to know an interesting thing about Carl Daggett?

The actor who played him, Charles Napier, was yet another Dallas actor who was also on Star Trek!

I feel quite strongly that the Cartel should have worn outfits like the one Charles wore on Star Trek to important business meetings

Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
OK...we have two lines.

Hey Pam, weren't you here a couple of months ago? You're not going to make a habit out of this?"

Was this JR to Pam during the dream season?

"Marilee, if you don't hurry, somebody else is gonna get your street corner."

Last edited:

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
OK...we have two lines.

Hey Pam, weren't you here a couple of months ago? You're not going to make a habit out of this?"

Was this JR to Pam during the dream season?

Definitely JR but when?

"From what I hear he's not much of a man at all!"

Swami

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Hey Pam, weren't you here a couple o f months ago? You're not going to make a habit out of this?"
Definitely JR but when?
Ugh...taxing enough to recognize the damned line. :crazyme: You're killin' me. Gonna have to take you to the mat, Mr Sumo. :box: Good ask tho'. It is when she shows up at the rodeo?

JR to Swellen or Clayton about Dusty. Which one?

Last edited:

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ugh...taxing enough to recognize the damned line. :crazyme: You're killin' me. Gonna have to take you to the mat, Mr Sumo. :box: Good ask tho'. It is when she shows up at the rodeo?

Inside the house, Pam with Miss Ellie.

JR to Swellen or Clayton about Dusty. Which one?

JR to Clayton about Dusty.

"You look as if someone picked your pocket"

Swami

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
I think we all know who would say this, but where and who was he with?