• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

A&Q - Who Said What? Answer, Then Post Your Line

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"Well, considering your background, I can understand why you don't recognize oil when you see it."

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Who said, "Maybe they were right"?

(A timing issue....JT posted just before I hit mine. Save mine for next)

And obviously, I have no clue, but I'm sure I'll recognize the context. Now I'm piqued.

Last edited:

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Who said, "Maybe they were right"?

I know there's not a lot here, but the context was memorable.

JR said it when a man told him "Everybody told me not to trust you" - it was JR telling it to the man that Rebecca, had her plane not crashed, was going to try to convince to not sell him refinery to JR.

Who said: "Just two things: Guts and integrity. Not all that much now, we know you're not well endowed in those departments."

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
JR said it when a man told him "Everybody told me not to trust you" - it was JR telling it to the man that Rebecca, had her plane not crashed, was going to try to convince to not sell him refinery to JR.

Who said: "Just two things: Guts and integrity. Not all that much now, we know you're not well endowed in those departments."

That's right, Kenny. The way JR said it I found very funny.

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Kenny Coyote said:

Geeezzzzz...I feel so lame. Another one I should know...

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
KennyC said:
"Just two things: Guts and integrity. Not all that much now, we know you're not well endowed in those departments."

I racked my brain last night, and didn't find it there. How 'bout a hint? Like the circumstance, or the season?

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I racked my brain last night, and didn't find it there. How 'bout a hint? Like the circumstance, or the season?

It's someone accompanied by another guy talking to one man who hadn't been there like he said he would because there had been "troubled times" as the man put it

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
It's someone accompanied by another guy talking to one man who hadn't been there like he said he would because there had been "troubled times" as the man put it

No luck. Nothing about this is familiar yet. HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, I was going down the wrong trail.

It sounded like something J.R. said to Sheriff Washburn.

Going in a new direction now. . .

Very curious.
I was going to say good ol' Fenton was endowed with a pretty hefty gut, but he's actually more svelte than I remember:

I like how they occasionally use camera angles to make the already physically formidable Jock appear to be a giant. They also did this whenever he was near the first Digger, as in Barbecue. Of course he was taller than the others, but they'd amplify the disparity, placing him above even Bobby, who was of similar stature.

Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Guzzler said:
Of course he was taller than the others, but they'd amplify the disparity, placing him above even Bobby, who was of similar stature.

Looks like Jock is standing on the porch too....raising him up higher for effect. Plus the distance compression effects (terminology?) change the look also.

Also, I don't think the word svelte can be used for Fenton, in any degree. :mo:

Ok. What season? "Just two things: Guts and integrity. Not all that much now, we know you're not well endowed in those departments."

Last edited:

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It is JR to Franklin Hoerner during the return of Jock thru Steve Forrest?

You got it! It was about how Franklin was willing to be a helpful banker once they had proved Wes Parmalee to be a fraud. JR said something about "What about those high interest rates you hit us with"? Franklin replied: "Uh, that was during the troubled times."

It went on until finally JR and Bobby both told Franklin they didn't want him as their banker anymore.

Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"Well, considering your background, I can understand why you don't recognize oil when you see it."