A&Q - Who Said What? Answer, Then Post Your Line

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
oops...and can't delete. I'll follow up after the previous post is answered.

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actually JR to Blackie Callahan in season 12.

"Barnes is trying to make this into the biggest case since Bonnie and Clyde!"

Swami

JR made that 'finding oil under the hood of a car' comment to Uncle Jesse??? Rosco P. Coltrane should have been there to call JR a dipstick!

Last edited:

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
JR made that 'finding oil under the hood of a car' comment to Uncle Jesse??? Rosco P. Coltrane should have been there to call JR a dipstick!
Are you one of the many who watched Dukes of Hazzard and then Dallas on Friday nights?

And if you are a geek about TV and movie vehicles, as I am, then you noticed that Lorimar grabbed Uncle Jesse's truck for Wes Parmalee

And Boss Hogg's Cadillac for a Ewing Barbecue.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now here is one from outside the series, spoken by one of the actors. I understand it's not the true meaning of this thread, but it is such a good line that I'm hoping you'll allow it and somebody can tell us the name of the actor:

I went across the freeway to create my character. I explored the world of rich Dallas people. In the ladies' room at the Mansion on Turtle Creek, I looked down and watched this lady open her tiny Judith Leiber purse. Inside was a gun and lipstick, that's all. I said, "Excuse me, is that a gun?" And she looked at me like I was crazy. She said, "Yes. This is Texas." And she continued to put on her lipstick and left.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now here is one from outside the series, spoken by one of the actors. I understand it's not the true meaning of this thread, but it is such a good line that I'm hoping you'll allow it and somebody can tell us the name of the actor:

I went across the freeway to create my character. I explored the world of rich Dallas people. In the ladies' room at the Mansion on Turtle Creek, I looked down and watched this lady open her tiny Judith Leiber purse. Inside was a gun and lipstick, that's all. I said, "Excuse me, is that a gun?" And she looked at me like I was crazy. She said, "Yes. This is Texas." And she continued to put on her lipstick and left.

Linda Gray. I remember her recounting that tale with Sir Terry Wogan in 2004.

Swami

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Them scrawny things? You may call 'em prized down in San Angelo but up here we throw 'em back."

Cliff to Sue Ellen when they were doing a little fishing in this pond before things got a bit more romantic with the wildflower. (They initially bonded over their common love of angling, and Cliff had some sort of premonition about the Dusty thing, hence the 'San Angelo')

ok, ok, maybe not - has to be a Ewing (or maybe a Krebbs) to a Farlow?

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"ok, ok, maybe not - has to be a Ewing (or maybe a Krebbs) to a Farlow?"

"Them scrawny things? You may call 'em prized down in San Angelo but up here we throw 'em back."

Yeah...Ray to Clayton at a cattle auction, bustin' each other's chops as Clayton teased Ray about letting some prized cattle get away.

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"Daddy's in enough trouble without you sitting in the courtroom smelling like a distillery!"

Swami
JR to Swellen - "JOCK'S TRIAL". Sounds familiar to my fading memory.

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"This is a world I thought I'd never be a part of."

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"This is a world I thought I'd never be a part of."
OK...too long here. Was a Cliff comment at Mark's polo match.

Next....

"...you're one of the few men I have never been able to beat. I sincerely admire that."

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
"Just sign it, 'To my favorite brother-in-law.' "

I figure it's gotta be Cliff to Jamie or Pam, or Bobby to Pam. Can't think who else. Good one!

???

Last edited: