Aaron Spelling cross-overs --- a good idea?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The little hooker girl in the stupidly "cute" scene at the brothel with Steven when she suggests they watch THE ROOKIES during Season 1.

Alexis watching LOVE BOAT on her art studio TV with a look of fascination during Season 2.

The STARSKY & HUTCH car parked in front of the Denver police satellite station after Steven is arrested near the end of Season 2.

Were these a good idea? I say Alexis viewing the Pacific Princess is the only one that's even slightly acceptable.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never minded it because it was discreet. The cross-overs with "The Colbys" did certainly more damages.

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember when Charlie’s Angels boarded the Love Boat to introduce Shelley Hack in season 4 but the love boat crew were under-utilised and it just served as a backdrop.

And didn’t the Angels go to Vegas for a crossover with the Robert Ulrich show?

Dynasty was in a universe of its own and should have stayed that way. I remember British critics mocking that even Dynasty and The Colbys storylines didn’t seem to bear much relation to each other when crossing over, especially in regards to Blake’s poisoning by Rita.

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
The most surrealistic crossover (of sorts) was the Love Boat crew meeting John Forsythe and Linda Evans (not their characters) when they go to the Fox studio. And, of course, Sammy Jo living in the trashiest world ever, where even there is a show called "Dallas" (you know, the National Enquirer infamous cover...).

On the other side, I seem to remember that both "Dallas" and "Falcon Crest" had a very minor character called Colby...and "The Colbys" had their revenge with Channing...These people were all nuts...

upload_2020-4-26_13-13-9.jpeg

"Crazy...all crazy. I want a spinoff..."​

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The most surrealistic crossover (of sorts) was the Love Boat crew meeting John Forsythe and Linda Evans (not their characters) when they go to the Fox studio.
That happened in the Love Boat episode??

At that time there were rumours that Mr and Mrs Carrington would stay in the St. Gregory HOTEL, and I'm sure I would have loved to see that eventhough it's a painfully commercial and tacky idea.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That happened in the Love Boat episode??

At that time there were rumours that Mr and Mrs Carrington would stay in the St. Gregory HOTEL, and I'm sure I would have loved to see that eventhough it's a painfully commercial and tacky idea.

Yes it did! It almost was blink-and-miss, but they exchanged greets. John and Linda were driving a convertible! Of course, we all know that they also guest-starred in "The Love Boat" as other characters...or was it Rita Lesley?

upload_2020-4-26_13-51-35.jpeg

"Oh I am a helluvah actress, so fu**ingly good!
But that Linda Evans b¡tch took all my roles...except this one!"​

Lauren Tewes from TLB appeared in an earlier "Charlie´s Angels" episode, and Jaclyn Smith in another early TLB episode...Patrick was in another one with cousin Jamie and that Matheson woman...All stays in the family, I guess. And almost the whole cast of "Dynasty" (as well that those from "Dallas" and "Falcon Crest") was on TLB too...

Meanwhile, that old crow Blake flirts with another woman...
"Dear, there´s something about your face that is so appealing to me...
You remind me of somebody...a secretary of mine..."​

Topping the cake, remember that Valene Ewing mentioned Michele Lee (not Karen) in the Reunion Miniseries?

More Love Boat Connections with Supersoaps in my site:
https://sites.google.com/site/mundodallases2/dallas/the-love-boat-connection

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm just not sure how having the Starsky & Hutch car in front of the Denver police station could qualify as "discreet".

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Dynasty/Colbys Cross overs, I discovered today while watching The Colbys "The Reunion" tx: 12/26/85, that Jackie Devereaux is introduced in a photograph, but doesn't actually make an appearance until several episodes later in Dynasty "The Accident" tx: 1/29/86.

I'm a bit fuzzy in early to mid season 6 Dynasty because it's my least favourite, and it's classic Dynasty to plant the seed of a long lost character several episodes before they appear, but this has got to be one of the very few instances of a character being introduced in one show and starring in another! Jackie never appeared in any episodes of The Colbys. No wonder viewers were left confused.

Last edited:

Luke Fuller

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Dynasty/Colbys Cross overs, I discovered today while watching The Colbys "The Reunion" tx: 12/26/85, that Jackie Devereaux is introduced in a photograph, but doesn't actually make an appearance until several episodes later in Dynasty "The Accident" tx: 1/29/86.

I'm a bit fuzzy in early to mid season 6 Dynasty because it's my least favourite, and it's classic Dynasty to plant the seed of a long lost character several episodes before they appear, but this has got to be one of the very few instances of a character being introduced in one show and starring in another! Jackie never appeared in any episodes of The Colbys. No wonder viewers were left confused.

As I know, Jackie was introduced on Dynasty, in "The Close Call" episode (1985/12/4), it means before "The Reunion" episode of The Colbys. On the oher hand, it is true that it happened only on a photo, without mentioning her name. But everybody could understand that the girl on the photo is a daughter of Dominique. If I understand you right, Jackie was mentioned by a name on The Colbys for the first time?