AFI's Top 10 of the year

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
From America's Film Institute (AFI).

The 10 outstanding TV programs deemed culturally and artistically representative of this year’s most significant achievements in the art of the moving image are:

Chernobyl (HBO)
The Crown (Netflix)
Fosse/Verdon (FX)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
Pose (FX)
Succession (HBO)
Unbelievable (Netflix)
Veep (HBO)
Watchmen (HBO)
When They See Us (Netflix)

Last edited:

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
From America's Film Institute (AFI).

The 10 outstanding TV programs deemed culturally and artistically representative of this year’s most significant achievements in the art of the moving image are:

Chernobyl (HBO)
The Crown (Netflix)
Fosse/Verdon (FX)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
Pose (FX)
Succession (HBO)
Unbelievable (Netflix)
Veep (HBO)
Watchmen (HBO)

For anyone who saw When They See Us, did you also read Linda Fairstein's piece on it in the Wall Street Journal?
It was an eye opener, and it makes me wonder where the truth behind the case lies.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
When They See Us was by far the best new Drama screened this year, followed by Chernobyl.
For anyone who saw When They See Us, did you also read Linda Fairstein's piece on it in the Wall Street Journal?
It was an eye opener, and it makes me wonder where the truth behind the case lies.
Yes, I read it and I found her total lack of remorse shocking. She argued that although she accepts rape charges being vacated she believes other charges against the Central Park Five should have stood. She needs to accept responsibility for her role in this miscarriage of justice instead of arguing that they were guilty of other crimes.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
When They See Us was by far the best new Drama screened this year, followed by Chernobyl.

Yes, I read it and I found her total lack of remorse shocking. She argued that although she accepts rape charges being vacated she believes other charges against the Central Park Five should have stood. She needs to accept responsibility for her role in this miscarriage of justice instead of arguing that they were guilty of other crimes.
Thank you for this response to my post. I'm trying to get at the truth, and I like hearing a variety of opinions.

Jessie

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Chernobyl (HBO)

Game of Thrones (HBO)

Unbelievable (Netflix)

I watched 4 out of the 10.