After All

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ray was kind of harsh on Bobby for not being involved, but they're all right.
JR is digging the hole deeper and deeper :rip:
I truly thought Peter's plane was going to crash, and I wasn't upset at the thought :lol:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Thought about this last night and Sue Ellen could just be really happy and showering JR with love because of that. He needs to be less suspicious and enjoy her extra attention.

I wish I could feel more for Pam but I don’t.

Intrigued about Peter but I hope JR smashes his face in before things get out of hand.

Another story?! Oh my days!! I’m with you @CeeCee72 - I prefer JR and Sue Ellen’s relationship in their older years as I love how they have battled through so much to still be together.

Not being greedy or anything but I’d love to see any of the following:

1. A story regarding JRs thoughts and their relationship around the time Sue Ellen buys Valentines. With minimal focus on TTOE.

2. A story regarding JR finding out Sue Ellen is about to marry Don - while he’s still with Cally maybe? Or not? And his reaction to that..

3. JR putting a stop to Kimberleys antics and telling her why before an affair starts and the aftermath of that.

4. A story where one of them is living somewhere else - a different town, state or country and the other one finds them.

5. A story where JR finds out that Don has been violent/taking Sue Ellen’s money and he comes to sort out his tiny ass.

6. A story involving Sue Ellen’s disappearance and as you’ve said a few times, JR rips the world apart to find her.

7. A different ending to wipe out the insanity that ensued when Sue Ellen took the WestStar stock - like she didn’t even go there - she found out about Kimberley and left, not seeking revenge.

The above are all ideas from ‘Sarah’s Menu of Delights’ and can be used to your leisure.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Sarah those as all great ideas. I think I like the one about Sue Ellen disappearing the best.

Also like the idea of exploring both their emotions around the Valentine storyline too.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
@Sarah those as all great ideas. I think I like the one about Sue Ellen disappearing the best.

Also like the idea of exploring both their emotions around the Valentine storyline too.
It should be noted that any serious focus on TTOE should come with a health warning and may involve transcripts being burnt by fire.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic begins immediately after the events in "Conundrum," the last episode of the original "Dallas" story. It disregards both the TV movies and the TNT continuation.

With this story, I am hoping to give JR, Sue Ellen, and the entire Ewing family the ending I think they deserved.

"After All"

Part 64

Matthew shot up off the bed at the sound of the banging. He threw the covers off, climbed out of the bed, and walked quickly to the window. "It's Ewing's truck."

"Of course it is," Marilee growled. "Was wondering what was taking him so long."

"Should we go downstairs?"

"Absolutely not," Marilee snapped. "They'll figure it out on their own. Get back in bed."

Matthew turned from the window and walked back to the bed. "You're really bossy, you know that?"

"Yes," Marilee admitted. "And you love it."

"Yes," he chuckled, crawling back under the covers, "I do."

Michelle snatched the door open violently and yelled at Jack. "Stop pounding! You're going to wake up everyone in the neighborhood!"

"So what," Jack brushed past her, entering the house without bothering to wait for an invitation. "Why did you run from me?"

"I didn't run! I told you we were done!"

Jack laughed lowly and reached out to grab her arm, using it to pull her against his body. "You didn't mean that. You only made that little scene at the bar because you wanted my attention."

Michelle pushed against his chest, trying to break free. "I have no use for your attention, Jack!"

"Tough," he ground out, "because you sure as hell have it now!"

He lowered his head and kissed her roughly. She twisted and squirmed and struggled against him until he shifted his body fully against hers and softened his kiss. Michelle stopped fighting and sagged against him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back eagerly.

"Michelle," he growled against her lips when he finally broke the kiss. "I want this. I want you. But we have to talk first."

"Can't we talk later?"

"No, honey," he said softly. "Go get your things. I'll take you back to your apartment and you can make us some coffee."

"Then what? We talk, you get mad and leave me again?"

"No," Jack promised her firmly. "We talk, then I take you to bed and love you out of your mind. If that's what you want."

"I want that very much, Jack."

"Then go gather your things, honey. It's going to be a long night."

"Good morning," JR nodded at his brother and sat down at the table.

"Where is everyone?" Bobby asked, nursing his coffee.

"The women are taking their breakfast upstairs. Neither of them have any desire to see you right now."

"I shouldn't have made such a scene," Bobby sighed, "but I meant every single word, JR."

JR gulped down his coffee and stood up. "Listen here, Bob, if you're looking in my direction for support, you're barking up the wrong tree. Pam is Christopher's mother and he'll be back this afternoon. You ever pull a stunt like the tantrum you threw last night in front of that boy, I'll beat you within an inch of your life."

"You and what army?" Bobby challenged him.

"I think I can handle it all by myself," JR shot back. "You have a few hours before the kids get home. Take the time to get yourself under control."

Bobby said nothing else as JR stormed from the room. As much as he hated to admit it, JR was right - he had crossed a major line last night - and he knew he could never let it happen again.

Lucy hung up the phone and took a deep breath. Valene wanted to see her before she flew back to Dallas.

"You have plenty of time before we leave if you want to go."

Lucy turned around and was surprised to see Ray standing behind her. "You were listening?"

"Not on purpose," Ray told her. "I came into the kitchen looking for coffee and heard it all though."

"Do you think I should go?"

"I don't know, Lucy. You have to make that decision for yourself. But, if you don't go listen to what she has to say, you might regret it later."

Lucy nodded slowly and chewed at her bottom lip. "Will you take me, Ray? So I don't have to go alone?"

Ray put down his coffee cup and reached out to pull her into a hug. "Of course I will. Lucy, you don't ever have to be alone ever again. You have a family that loves you very much. We'll always be here for you, honey. Always."

Jack leaned down and kissed Michelle gently on the cheek. He stood up slowly, being careful not to wake her.

They had talked until the sun had come up. They hashed out all their baggage - April, James, Cliff Barnes... every awkward and shameful thing. They agreed a relationship between them would be difficult at times, but they both wanted to try.

Then he had carried her to the bedroom and they had started making love. It had felt incredible to hold her in his arms… until she had some sort of flashback to her rape. She had panicked and screamed and fought. He had been shocked at first, but quickly realized what had happened. He'd gotten off the bed and sat in a chair, holding her hand and speaking to her softly until she'd fallen asleep.

He knew as much as he wanted her, she wasn't ready. And he would wait. That girl had been used and abused and it was going to take time for her to trust him.

He would give her all the time she needed.

She was worth it.

"What are you going to do about Ewing Oil?"

JR looked up at Marilee and shrugged. "Nothing at the moment. There are capable people there making decisions. A new President doesn't need to be named right away."

"And Weststar? McKay resigned a while ago. The Board will want to name a new CEO. You have a lot of stock under your control."

"Yes. Why are you asking, Marilee? I already told you I'd stay on as a consultant for you if I went back to Ewing or to Weststar."

"I've been doing some thinking, JR. I don't have any children. I don't have anyone to carry on for me once I'm gone. Why am I working so hard to build a legacy when there's no one to leave it to?"

"What brought this on, Marilee?"

"I don't know," she sighed. "Old age I guess."

JR laughed and shook his head at her. "You have plenty of good years left Marilee."

"Maybe. But maybe I don't want to spend them working my ass off in a company that I can't pass on."

JR narrowed his eyes. "What are you saying?"

"Figure out Ewing Oil, JR. Then figure out if you want to buy me out and merge with Stonesworth."

JR was stunned. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, JR," Marilee's voice was full of conviction. "I'm very serious; dead serious."

"Thanks for coming," Val smiled at Ray and Lucy.

"What's this all about?" Lucy asked her.

"I...I know you're leaving for Dallas soon and you don't have a lot of time. I just wanted to talk to you…"

Ray shifted uncomfortably at the look Val was giving him. "Don't mind me. I'll just go up to the playroom and kiss my niece and nephew goodbye."

Val waited until Ray was out of the room and then turned her gaze back to her daughter. "Lucy, I know you resent me. And I don't blame you. I was an awful mother to you. I let JR steal you away and then I abandoned you again to move to California to start a new life. But it's important to me that you know how much I love you. I always have and I always will."

"I know that, Mom. I love you too. But my life has been... difficult. And you have never been around to help me or even to talk to me. You didn't have a single hand in raising me but you judge me so harshly for my mistakes. Why can't you ever just give me the benefit of the doubt?"

"Because JR Ewing raised you."

"No, Mom. Grandma raised me. And as for JR? As mean and nasty as he can be, he was always there for me when I needed someone to love me. That's more than I can say for you."

"Lucy…"

"Look, the past is the past. We can't change it and we can't forget it. But we can get over it. Dad and I got over it. You and I could too if you would just give me a chance."

"Oh, Lucy, I want that more than anything in the world."

"Then all you have to do is try, Mom. Really try. Can you do that?"

"Yes," Val said softly. "Yes I can, Lucy. I swear it."

"Oh!" Michelle jumped in surprise when she saw Jack sitting on the couch watching TV. "I thought…"

"You thought what? That I left you?"

"Yes," she confessed softly. "After what happened last night, I wouldn't have blamed you."

Jack held his hand out to her. "Come here."

Michelle let him pull her down beside him on the couch and shivered when he bent his head to kiss her lips gently. "I'm sorry, Jack. I want to be with you.. I don't know why I can't…"

"Shhhh," he put his finger on her lips to hush her. "It'll happen when you're ready. In the meantime, let's get you fed, then head over to my place so I can pack a bag."

"Pack a bag?"

"You can't stay here alone and no way you can stay in my little bunkroom behind the bar."

"You.. you'll stay here with me even without…"

"Michelle, I'll always stay with you. As long as you want me to."

Michelle moved into his arms and hugged him tightly. "I want you to, Jack. I really want you to."

"Hello?"

"Hi, Sue Ellen."

Sue Ellen's body stiffened at the sound of Don's voice. "Hi, Don. How are you?"

"Just fine. We wrapped shooting last week. We're in post production now. The film is going to be amazing. You're going to get a hefty return on your investment."

"I don't care about that, but I am very happy for you."

"Thank you. Listen, the reason I called is that I got our final divorce papers today. I signed them and sent them back to my lawyer. He'll file them tomorrow and you and I will be officially divorced."

"That's...thank you, Don."

"I assume you and JR will be remarried right away."

"He hasn't officially proposed yet."

"Bet he will before the ink is dry on the papers."

"Yes, well we'll see. How are things between you and Mandy?"

"Hard to say. We'll see how things go now that we're done working together."

"Well, I hope you know that I wish you the best."

"I wish the same for you. Truly."

"Thank you, Don. Good luck with everything."

"You too."

Sue Ellen heard the line go dead and hung up the phone.

"Was that the Englishman?" JR demanded from the doorway. "What did he want?"

"To tell me our divorce was final," Sue Ellen replied softly.

"Oh yeah?" JR's eyebrows shot together. "You want your ring now or do you want to wait until I have time to make plans to properly propose?"

"I...wait. You already have a ring?"

JR chuckled and nodded at her. "I bought it a long time ago, Miss Texas. The day we bought the new bed. Got it the same time I bought the dark chocolate rock you're already wearing."

"You never had any doubt about us reconciling, did you?"

"No. And be honest. You didn't either."

Sue Ellen laughed and shook her head. "No. I guess I didn't."

"So?"

"So what?"

"You want your ring now or what?"

"Oh no, JR. We have to get to the airport soon. And I'm not letting you off the hook that easy. I want a proper romantic proposal."

"I thought you would," he laughed at her. "I had better start making plans. Already done this twice before. Gonna be hard to top myself again."

"Oh, JR, I have faith in you. I expect to be totally overwhelmed with love and swept off my feet."

"Your wish," he bent down to kiss her, "is my command."

"Marilee, I don't mean to pressure you."

"Don't flatter yourself," Marilee snapped. "Better men than you have tried to pressure me and failed miserably."

"Yes," Matthew muttered, "I know. I just meant that I wasn't expecting you to sell your business."

"It seems silly to keep it now. I am a very wealthy woman. I don't have anything else to prove. I just think it's time to get out of the rat race and find a beach somewhere to relax and enjoy the spoils of all my hard work."

"Any chance I can share that beach with you?"

Marilee laughed. "I suppose. If you play your cards right, I see no reason you can't."

"Hey! Watch where you're going!"

Sue Ellen giggled at the sight of JR dealing with all the children running around the pool. Pammy had just run smack into his chair and knocked him off balance.

Lucy, Ray, and the kids had been back for a few hours. They'd grilled hamburgers and hotdogs out by the pool. The children had played their hearts out and Pammy was fitting in perfectly.

"What are you grinning about, Miss Texas?"

Sue Ellen burst out laughing and sat down beside her husband at the patio table beside the pool. "You. You're not used to having a little girl around."

"No," JR admitted, "Not since Lucy was little. But Pammy seems to be just as rambunctious and ornery as our boys."

"She does, doesn't she?" Sue Ellen smiled. "Lucy seems so very happy."

"Yeah. Glad for that."

"Even Bobby has been well behaved tonight."

"Thank God. Ray and I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but he seems to be cutting Pam some slack tonight."

"Yes. They are putting up a good front for Christopher."

"Yeah, but I doubt it lasts for long. Ray and I should corner Bobby soon…"

His voice broke off when he saw Teresa come through the patio door with a strange man following closely behind her.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Ewing," Teresa said to JR. "There's someone here to see you."

JR stood and walked over to greet the stranger. "Can I help you?"

"Are you John Ross Ewing the Second?"

"Yes," JR grunted impatiently. "What do you want?"

The man shoved a manilla envelope into JR's hand and backed away. "You've been served."

JR let the man leave without comment. He tore open the envelope and frowned as he scanned the pages.

"JR?"

JR didn't answer Sue Ellen. All of the adults had gathered behind him. He read the papers again and groaned out loud.

"JR!" Sue Ellen repeated more forcefully. "What is it?"

"A judge's order from California."

"An order for what?" Ray asked.

"My DNA," JR finally looked up and settled his gaze on Sue Ellen's face. "He's ordered a new DNA test for Beau at the request of Cally"s family."

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh oh! Great suspense here. I’m also dying to read about the ring! As for story ideas I like the one about JR tracking Sue Ellen down and rescuing her. Also, I’d love a story about their first year or so as a married couple, from a different angle maybe :)

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh oh! Great suspense here. I’m also dying to read about the ring! As for story ideas I like the one about JR tracking Sue Ellen down and rescuing her. Also, I’d love a story about their first year or so as a married couple, from a different angle maybe :)
I've thought many times about writing about their early years. It's just tough because by the time we meet them, they had already been married so long and they were so miserable. But it might be fun to explore how they both felt when they first were married.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I find them much more sexy and interesting when they are older but obviously love reading them no matter what.

Loved the update. What the hell is wrong with Don? Does he need a psychiatrist? It’s insulting that he’d end up with Mandy - she will give him diseases and possibly bite his head off in his sleep.

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alright JR and John Ross time to fess up. Although I'm pretty sure Sue Ellen already knows they lied. I hope she read James, JR and John Ross the riot act with Debra Lynn and Lucy backing her up.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Saint Bobby of Southfork," Lucy grinned.

Ray burst out laughing. "Exactly. Bobby always makes things right in his head, even when he does wrong. I've seen it over and over - with his dealings with JR, with Pam, with Jenna and Lucas. He always manages to find a righteous justification for his mistakes. This time it won't be so easy for him. I'm afraid baby brother is finally getting the rude awakening he has had coming for years. And as far as I'm concerned, it's not a moment too soon."

:clap: :clap::clap::clap: Well Ray has nailed baby brother's personality here.

"Stay out of this, JR," Bobby warned lowly. "This is none of your business."

But he forgot hypocrite. He was ALWAYS putting himself in JR and Sue Ellen's business.

Bobby is pissing me off even more than princess here, and I'm gearing up to shove the iron right up his sactimonious arse.

Miss Texas 1967

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not surprised Michelle froze up. Jack did the right thing there. I like them as a couple.
I also forgot that Don and Mandy were in this story. Didn't miss them :Clol:
What a surprise JR's secret couldn't stay secret forever, NOT :obvious:
I wonder if Sue Ellen is gonna be pissed off but once Peter's involvement becomes apparent then JR doesn't seem so bad as she has a new enemy.

I'll read anything you put out @CeeCee72 I do really like these spun off from a plot of the show stories you've been doing but I think I may just like your writing.
If anyone does want a JR/SE prequel story I have a long one starting in 1967 going through from the Miss Texas pageant to the first few years of marriage :)

Last edited:

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic begins immediately after the events in "Conundrum," the last episode of the original "Dallas" story. It disregards both the TV movies and the TNT continuation.

With this story, I am hoping to give JR, Sue Ellen, and the entire Ewing family the ending I think they deserved.

"After All"

Part 65

Sue Ellen clenched her jaw tightly as she watched JR pace back and forth across their bedroom. "JR! What is wrong with you?"

"You saw the judge's order!" he snapped at her.

"Yes, but I don't understand why you're so upset! So what if they do another DNA test? It will have the same result and then this all will be over, correct?"

JR stopped pacing and bit back a groan. Of course she didn't understand. She didn't know anything about his lie. "It's the principle, Sue Ellen. Who's to say they'll accept a second DNA test? They could find ways to drag this out forever."

"It seems to me that you're worried over nothing, JR. Just give them your DNA and be done with it," Sue Ellen narrowed her eyes, "unless of course there's some reason that I'm not aware of that you don't want another paternity test run?"

JR rubbed his forehead, swallowed hard and decided to drop the subject before he gave away something to make her suspicious. "Of course, not Sue Ellen. You're probably right, and I'm upset over nothing. I'm going to get a drink. You want anything?"

"No, JR. I'm fine."

Sue Ellen rolled her eyes at JR's back as he walked out of the room. She wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but JR was obviously up to something. She stood up and walked over to the dresser, picked up the court order, and walked to the phone. She dialed the number listed as the contact for the Harper's attorney. She waited for the answering service to pick up so she could leave a message.

"Yes, this is Sue Ellen Ewing...Lockwood. I want to speak with you regarding the custody case of Beau Ewing. Please return my call at your earliest convenience. And make sure you talk to me and only me."

She put the phone down and settled back into the bed to wait for JR. Whatever was happening, she intended to get it all settled as soon as possible. She didn't want anything to hang over her and JR's happiness as they started their new marriage.

"Do you like your new room?'

Pammy smiled brightly. "I love it, Aunt Lucy. I love it here! It's like living in a theme park!"

Lucy laughed and sat down beside the little girl on her bed. "Yes. I loved growing up at Southfork too."

"I can stay? Forever?"

"Of course, honey! This is your home now."

"And you promise not to let Uncle Mitch send me away?"

"Oh sweetheart, I won't let Uncle Mitch, or anyone else ever take you from me. I promise."

"I love you, Aunt Lucy."

Lucy pulled the little girl into her arms and hugged her tightly. "And I love you. We'll be together always. Cross my heart."

"What are we going to do, Dad?" John Ross whispered.

"Tell your mother the truth," JR grunted. "We have no choice now."

John Ross burst out crying. "I'm sorry, Daddy. I should have never made you lie to her!"

"Oh. No, son, no," JR squatted down in front of the boy and pulled him into his arms. "This isn't your fault. You hear me? It was all me. You're a child. You just wanted to make your mama happy. I knew better. I did it because it made things easy for me. The blame is all mine."

"What if she leaves?"

"Then I'll bring her back."

"You will?"

"Absolutely. I swear to you, John Ross, I love your mama and I'll never let her go ever again. I'll make her understand we only lied because we love her so much. I won't let this mess things up. I promise, son."

"You're staring."

Bobby broke his gaze which had been fixed on Pam and Christopher and shot a nasty glance in Ray's direction. "Yeah. So?"

"So, why are you sitting over here sulking and staring at them when you should be over there spending time with them?"

"Mind your own business, Ray."

Ray chuckled and watched Bobby stand up and stomp back into the house. "Whatever you say, baby brother. Whatever you say."

"Having fun?"

Michelle jumped when she felt Jack smack her lightly on her butt. She had been carefully studying selections on the jukebox and hadn't seen him approach her. "Actually, I am," she laughed. "Darcy gave me a whole roll of quarters and is letting me pick all the music."

"You two better stop cutting into my profits," he grinned at her.

"Oh please, as long as she works here, your profits are never in danger. Those cowboys love her."

"Yeah. She's good at selling drinks and flirting for tips. But I better not catch you flirting with anyone but me."

"Is that so, Jack Ewing?" Her eyes glittered up at him.

"Yes, that's so. You're mine now, honey. Don't you forget it."

He bent his head and kissed her, not lifting his head until the customers all started whooping and hollering at them.

Jack pulled away from her, laughing and winking.

Michelle blushed and put her head down, hoping everyone would lose interest and turn back to their drinks.

She loved the idea of belonging to Jack… but she couldn't help but wonder how long he would want to keep her when she couldn't even make love to him.

She wanted to. Badly. But…

She shook her head and decided to call Dr. Richard's office in the morning. He should be back in town by now. She needed to talk this whole thing through and he was the only one who could help her.

"Can we talk?"

Pam stood in the doorway, blocking Bobby from entering her bedroom. "That depends."

"On what?" He barked at her.

"Are you sober?" She snapped back.

"Yes," Bobby sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair. "I'm sober, Pam."

She moved out of the way and let him come in, but pointedly left the door open. "Well? Talk."

"Look, I'm sorry about what I said last night."

"You meant it, didn't you?"

"Yeah," he didn't bother to deny it, "I meant it."

"Then what is there to talk about?"

"You and Christopher…"

"Look, Bobby, I know how much damage I've to our son. And I know how much I've done to you. In spite of what you seem to think, I don't expect for you to open your arms and your heart to me, I know we can't go back to the way things were before."

"Then what do you want?"

"To mend fences, at least as much as I can. I want to be with my son. I want to move on with my life. That's all."

"And Ewing Oil?"

"What about it? Do you want it?"

"No. No, I'm happy to be out of the oil business. But JR…"

"JR and I have called a temporary truce and he has agreed to back off and let me figure things out before I make a decision about Ewing Oil. And honestly, Bobby, it's hard to believe that JR cares more about his family and less about Ewing Oil than you do."

"It's hard to believe because it isn't true," Bobby defended himself.

"Then start acting like it. I'm back to stay, like it or not. We can make peace or if you prefer you can keep making yourself and everyone else around you miserable. The choice is yours."

"Peace," Bobby said softly. "I prefer to make peace."

"Good. Then I suggest you start acting like it. For all our sakes."

"Where have you been, JR?" Sue Ellen asked when he finally came back to the bedroom. "It sure took you a long time to fix a drink."

"I stopped in John Ross's room to talk," JR told her truthfully. "Sue Ellen, I need to tell you something…"

"No. Not tonight, JR," she cut him off. "I'm tired and not in the mood for serious conversation."

"It's important," he protested.

"I'm sure it is. I'm also sure it can wait."

"Honey…"

"Please, JR. Please. All I want from you tonight now for you to hold me."

"I…" he closed his eyes and swallowed hard. He had to tell her before…

"JR?" she whispered huskily, "let whatever it is go and just come over here and make love to me. Please."

JR shuddered at her words. He wanted her, needed the comfort of her love. Tonight he would hold her.

Tomorrow he would tell her the truth.

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ooh! This is delaying the agony for Sue Ellen. I wish JR would spit it out and get it over with. Great story :)

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards

"After All"

Part 66

Sue Ellen slipped silently from the bedroom, being very careful not to wake JR. She walked down the stairs and left an envelope for him on the table in the foyer.

She hadn't expected for anyone to call her back last night and had been shocked when Moses Harper himself had called, right before JR had come back into the bedroom.

Cally's father had agreed to get on a plane immediately and meet her alone at Harv Smithfield's office this morning.

She hadn't told JR a thing about any of it. Why should she? Clearly, he had his own secrets he was keeping from her.

She was determined to figure out a way to put Beau's paternity behind them all - once and for all; and she had no intention of letting JR and his schemes ruin their lives again.

Michelle snuggled closer to Jack's warm body and sighed contentedly.

"Morning, sunshine," his deep voice greeted her and she felt him kiss the top of her head. "Ready for coffee and some breakfast?"

"I'd rather stay right here and cuddle."

Jack cleared his throat and shifted away from her before she could feel his erection. He didn't want to scare her. "Sorry, honey. I really need to get up."

"Oh," Michelle couldn't keep the disappointment out of her voice. "Of course.."

Jack silenced her with a kiss. "It's not because I don't want to hold you honey, it's because I do. Do you understand?"

"Oh," her eyes widened with embarrassed understanding, "oh. Yes. I… I'm sorry, Jack."

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Jack soothed her. "But I am going to need a cold shower, okay?"

Michelle nodded as he kissed the top of her head again. She watched him disappear into the bathroom and sighed to herself. God, how she wanted him… but she was so scared. She prayed that Dr. Richards would help her get over her fear. And the sooner the better.

"Mornin' everyone," JR entered the dining room and looked around the table. "Anyone happen to have seen my wife?"

"She went into town very early," Pam told him. "She left a note for you in the foyer."

JR nodded his thanks and moved to the foyer just in time to see Lucy and Pammy come down the stairs. "Good morning, ladies," he smiled at them. "John Ross and Christopher are already at the table," he said to Pammy. "Why don't you go on and join them. I need to talk to Aunt Lucy."

"It's okay, sweetheart," Lucy told the little girl when she hesitated. "I'll be right there."

She watched Pammy bounce off to the dining room then turned her attention back to her uncle. "What's up, JR?"

"I am gonna stop by Harv's office this morning and make some changes to your trust."

"Why?" Lucy asked suspiciously.

"Because you have a child to support now, and that takes money. We'll up your monthly allowance. Once the adoption is final, we'll set up something for Pammy's future too."

"Uncle JR…"

"Yeah?"

"Nothing. Just… thank you."

"No need to thank me," he told her, picking up Sue Ellen's note and starting to read it, "she's family now and…"

"JR?" Lucy's voice was full of concern. All the color had drained from his face and he was white as a sheet. "JR! Hey! Are you alright?"

"Oh no," JR let out an agonized groan. "Oh, dear God, no!"

"Sure you don't want me to stay, Sue Ellen?"

"Positive," Sue Ellen smiled brightly at Harv Smithfield, "I'm sure Mr. Harper and I don't need a chaperone, right Mr. Harper?"

"Right," the old man agreed.

Harv reluctantly left the room and closed the door behind him.

Sue Ellen sat down at the conference table across from Cally's father and looked him in the eyes. "Thank you for coming all the way to Dallas so quickly to meet with me."

"I only did it because it was you who asked. My girl thought a lot of you."

"I didn't realize you and Cally were on speaking terms again."

"Yeah. She called home when she got sick. We talked sometimes."

"I am so very sorry we lost her," Sue Ellen said sadly. "She was such a wonderful person."

"Yeah she was. Good girl with a good heart."

"I agree."

"Then how come your buyin' that load of bull about James Beaumont bein' my grandbaby's daddy?"

"Excuse me?"

"If you knew Cally at all you'd know she wasn't a cheat and she wasn't no liar."

"Yes. I agree," Sue Ellen said again, this time so softly he barely heard her.

"You do?"

"I do. But...well, Mr. Harper, to be honest, I'm not sure why any of that matters now."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I loved Cally. I think you loved her too."

"Of course I did!" He snapped.

"Then if we loved her, we should honor her last wishes, don't you agree, Mr. Harper?"

"I don't…" he stopped and took a deep breath. "Yeah. Yeah. Maybe we should. Let's talk about it. And you can call me Moses."

"Thank you, Moses," Sue Ellen beamed. "And please, call me Sue Ellen."

Bobby wanted to punch a hole in the wall.

Everyone was upset.

JR had read Sue Ellen's note and almost had a nervous breakdown. But it was Ray that Lucy had come to calm him and it was Ray who had hustled JR into a car to go retrieve his wife.

John Ross had been crying too. Lucy and Pam were huddled with him in the living room trying to comfort him while Bobby got stuck babysitting Christopher and Pammy and having no idea what the hell was going on.

Bobby suddenly realized that the rest of the family had come together for some kind of crisis, but he had been completely excluded. Worse, he realized he DESERVED to be excluded. He had been behaving horribly. And now he was reaping the crop.

"Hey."

Bobby looked up and saw Pam standing beside him. Lucy and John Ross had joined Pammy and Christopher in their card game.

"Is he okay?" Bobby nodded at his nephew.

"Yes. For now. JR screwed up again."

"With Sue Ellen?"

"Afraid so."

"Can't say, I'm surprised. Us Ewing men have a habit of screwing up with our women."

"True," Pam laughed. "But I bet Sue Ellen will forgive JR."

"That's good. Any chance you'll be able to forgive me?"

Pam studied his face carefully. "Maybe. If you can ever forgive me."

"We should try. Maybe work on it together?"

"That sounds like a good plan, Bobby," she smiled. "It's certainly worth a shot."

"You sure you don't want me to take you to your appointment with Dr. Richards?"

"No. I'll be fine, Jack," Michelle told him. "I am going to meet Marilee for lunch afterwards anyway. I'll meet you at the bar after."

"I wish I could take you out on another proper date, but it's Friday and tonight will be too busy to leave Darcy alone at the bar."

"I like hanging out at the bar," Michelle told him. "The truth is that I don't care where I am as long as I'm with you."

Jack felt his insides melt at her words. He reached out and pulled her to him for a gentle kiss. "Same here, Michelle. I gotta get going. See you after lunch."

Michelle smiled sadly as she watched him leave the apartment. She wanted so desperately to take their relationship to the next level. Hopefully Dr. Richards would be able to help her sort out her jumbled up emotions.

"Sue Ellen!" The door to the conference room flew open and JR came bursting in, red-faced and panting.

"Hello, my love," her voice was coated in sugar. "You remember Moses Harper? Your former father-in-law?"

Cally's father chuckled and stood up. "It was a real pleasure, Sue Ellen. I thank you for lookin' out so good for Cally and now my grandbaby."

He moved around the table and brushed past JR on his way out of the room. "Ewing," he nodded, his voice full of contempt.

JR was too stunned to do anything but nod back at him. "Now, Sue Ellen…"

"Shut up!" She seethed. "Sit down and listen to me!"

JR started to argue, but seeing the pure fury flashing in her eyes he thought better of it. He sat down, took off his hat, and raised his eyebrows. "Well?"

"Well, JR Ewing, just so you know, I have known you were up to something for a very long time! I didn't know exactly what your scheme was, but I knew something wasn't right. It was hard for me to believe Cally would cheat with James. And then I heard you and John Ross on the phone talking about lying to me. Then last night, I heard the two of you again, AFTER that court order for new DNA almost gave you a stroke! So I decided that even though I don't know EXACTLY what you did, it was up to me to end this awful situation."

"Now, honey…"

"Don't you 'now honey' me!" she raged. "I managed to convince Mr. Harper that it didn't matter who Beau's natural father is, that James is his TRUE father and the only one he has ever known. He agreed we should honor Cally's last wish, which was for James and Debra Lynn to raise her baby. He has agreed to sign away all custodial rights on the condition that James and Debra Lynn allow him to have a relationship with his grandson. So, do you know what you're going to do?"

"No clue," JR said timidly.

"You," she reached out and poked him in the chest with her finger, "are going to call James right now and get him to agree to Moses' terms. Understand?"

"Yeah, but…"

"No buts, JR!" she raised her voice even louder. "I want the papers ready for Moses to sign as soon as he lands in California!"

"Fine, Sue Ellen. But what about me and you?"

"What about us?"

"I mean...I lied again…"

"JR, as angry as that makes me, and it does make me VERY angry, I'm not stupid. I know you were between a rock and a hard place. Once John Ross asked you to lie… "

"If you knew I was lying, why didn't you ever say anything?" JR asked. "And why have you been acting all lovey dovey lately?"

"Honestly, the truth is I didn't want to know. I selfishly hoped whatever scheme you had cooked up would work, Beau would be happy with James, and we could get on with our lives," she stopped and took a deep breath. "As for being so loving….JR, I...I guess hearing you on the phone with our son, knowing how much you love and want to please us both, and how tortured you've been by all this… yes. Yes, I guess it made me love you even more than I already did."

"Honey…"

"Look, you BOTH have to stop treating me like I am so fragile that the slightest little challenge will send me back to the bottle or put me back on the run. I'm not that person anymore, and you and John Ross have got to stop judging me based on my past. I HATE that you lied to me again…. but I know this particular lie came from a place of love."

"Sue Ellen, I...oh honey, I'm so sorry…"

" Please, JR. We can settle our problems later. Right now, we have to focus on the problem at hand. I can only assume you manipulated the DNA test, so we don't know what a real test would show. And I don't want to know. Moses will accept things as they are. But you need to get James up to speed and on board."

"Alright, honey. Let me get Harv to bring in a phone."

"Thank you. And JR? There's one more thing."

"What's that?"

"Do… do you remember Peter Richards?"

"Come on, Miss Texas. You know that's not a name I'm ever likely to forget."

"Yes. Well. Apparently he's back in Dallas. And he is a major, major problem."

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
YAY........ THAT'S MY GIRL. Sort em all out baby.
And JR, listen (and TALK) to your woman from now on.
They need to work together and I can't wait to see them crush the pipsqueak.

Sweet scene between Lucy and Pammy. I think Lucy will be a good mama.

Still don't care much about Bobby and princess, but they need to sort their shit out for Chris' sake.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for all the feedback. It makes it so much more fun to write this knowing that people are actually enjoying reading it.

Only a few more chapters to go I think. I have the ending mapped out in my mind, just have to get it all written out properly.

I think my next fic will be "deleted scenes from.my imagination" from season ten. I am really intrigued by the suggestion @Sarah made about exploring JR's real feelings during that time.

Anyway, thanks ALL of you for reading!

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards

"After All"

Part 67

JR's eyes narrowed to dangerous, glittering slits. "What the hell does Peter Richards have to do with anything?"

"I don't know much, JR. Only that he's back in Dallas, that he knows about Beau, that he flew out to California to to meet with Moses, and that the second DNA test was his idea and he paid for it."

"How would he know about Beau?" JR demanded. "No one in town knew Cally was pregnant when she left."

"I don't know how he knows, JR. But he knows."

"Sue Ellen, I'm going to rip that boy a new…"

"Alright, JR," she held up her hand and stopped him. "You can bury him in a deep hole in the woods for all I care. But one thing at a time. Call James. Once that's all settled we can talk about Peter afterwards, okay?"

JR was so mad he was practically shaking. If Richards was behind this, he would damn sure make him pay. He started to say so, but the look on Sue Ellen's face stopped him cold.

She was pale. Her eyes were wide and pleading. She looked scared. JR suddenly realized how upset she must be. He'd lied to her again, and she was willing to forgive him. But now an old lover was messing around in their lives and she was probably worried about how JR was going to react. On top of that, if they didn't get the situation with Beau handled quickly there was a chance, that whole thing could explode again too.

He reached up and cupped her face in hands. "Alright, honey. I'll get a phone in here and we'll call James. You're right. Beau first. We'll deal with Richards and whatever he has or hasn't done later."

"Thank you, JR," she sighed, her whole body relaxing. "Thank you."

Peter rolled his eyes and rubbed his temples. The Stevens girl was droning on and on about Jack Ewing and her inability to consummate their relationship. She was wearing on his last nerve.

He'd only started seeing her because she had a connection to the Ewings and could be used to gather information. But now, she had told him everything useful she knew about Sue Ellen and he could care less about her emotional problems. He just wanted her out of his office so he could call the lawyer in California and find out if JR had been served the order for new DNA.

"What should I do, Dr. Richards?"

Peter snapped out of his fog and gave her a disgusted look. "What should you do? Well, you should f*** him Michelle. You're a whore. From what you told me about your past, you've always been a whore. That's your only skill. No one, least of all a Ewing would have much use for a whore who can't even f***, would they?"

All the color drained from Michelle's face and she sank back against her chair in shock. "I don't understand…"

"Not just a whore,but a stupid whore," Peter said snidely. "Let me spell it out for you, my dear. You're a nasty woman. You have the personality of a dishrag. You are a whiny child who blames the world for all your screw ups. The only thing you have going for you is that body. I suggest you use it to keep Ewing interested for a long as possible, then once he is tired of you - like they all get tired of you eventually, Barnes, Beaumont, the rest - then you find some other guy to play with you for a while. It's not the best way to live, but it's certainly the best you can ever do."

"You…" tears flowed from her eyes and her voice was choked with shock and shame, "you're my therapist! You're supposed to help me!"

"No one can help you, Michelle," he snarled. "You're hopeless. Now get the hell out of my office. I have real patients to see."

Michelle jumped out of the chair and ran out of the room.

"Good riddance," Peter muttered to himself.

"I don't know if I'm comfortable with this. I mean he wants a relationship with Beau, but what kind of relationship? I can't help but think that if Cally wanted her father in Beau's life she would have made a place for him herself."

JR and Sue Ellen exchanged worried glances at James' words. JR didn't even attempt to respond. The truth was he understood where James was coming from and actually agreed with him.

Sue Ellen sucked in a deep breath and chose her worlds carefully. "James, I think maybe Cally would have done just that if she had lived. She and her father had been speaking to one another quite a bit. She sent him pictures of Beau and she called him frequently."

"But, Sue Ellen…"

"Please just let me finish, James, alright? Then you and Debra Lynn can make up your own minds."

There was a brief moment of silence from the other end of the phone, followed by Debra Lynn's soft voice. "Go one, Sue Ellen. Please."

"I admit this whole situation is awkward. For all of us. But the only thing that matters is what is best for Beau. JR and I can be a part of his life, but we're too old to raise a small child. And Beau doesn't know us. You are his parents. And I believe that Moses loved his daughter, and I believe he loves his grandson too. He wants what's best for that boy, and he knows that means staying with you. All he is asking for is to see him sometimes and to have a real chance to be a good grandfather. We all loved Cally. And I truly believe in my heart that this is what she would want."

"Okay, Sue Ellen. Cally trusted you. I do too. We'll do it your way," Debra Lynn said.

"James?" Sue Ellen asked anxiously.

"Yes," Came the quiet reply. "I'll meet Mr. Harper at the airport and hash it all out."

Sue Ellen let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you, James."

She sat silently and listened as JR and James worked out the details. When JR finally finished the call she leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "Everything worked out just fine."

"Everything is NOT just fine, Miss Texas," he snapped at her. "In case you've forgotten we still have your sweet young lover to deal with."

He picked the phone up and punched in some numbers. "JR Ewing calling for Sergeant McSween. Get him oh the phone. NOW."

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

Marilee sat down at the bar and glanced around. "Looking for Michelle."

Jack put down the box he had been carrying and shot her a confused look. "I thought the two of you were having lunch together."

"I thought so too," Marilee shrugged. "But she never showed."

"What?"

"I said she didn't show. I thought maybe she forgot and came here instead."

"No," Jack was suddenly overcome with worry. "She isn't here."

"Did she call you?"

"No," he shook his head. "I haven't talked to her since I left her at her apartment this morning."

"I'm sure she's fine, Jack. Maybe she just forgot she was supposed to meet me and went shopping or something."

"She didn't forget. She mentioned it to me this morning…"

"What? What is it?"

*I don't know, Marilee. I just… I just have a really bad feeling that something is very wrong."

"You think we're wasting our time?"

Pam and Lucy were sitting out by the pool, watching the children swim and making plans for JR's big romantic proposal.

"Why would you ask that?" Pam asked her niece.

"He lied to her again," Lucy shrugged. "She made him promise never to do that again. Maybe she won't want to marry him again now that he broke that promise."

"We're not wasting out time," Pam laughed. "It amazes me how no one around here ever wants to give Sue Ellen any credit for anything."

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked defensively. "I love Sue Ellen to death!"

"Yes, I know Lucy. But just like JR and John Ross and even Bobby, you think she'll crumble under the slightest bit of pressure."

"Yeah. But given her history…"

"And that's what it is. History. And ancient history at that. Sue Ellen is a totally different person these days. Maybe it's easier for me to see it because I was gone for so long. Trust me, Lucy. Sue Ellen will put JR in his place and then they'll get remarried and have a wonderful life together."

"You know… I noticed you and JR seem to be getting along pretty well. Has time and distance softened you toward him?"

"Maybe," Pam said thoughtfully. "Or maybe I just finally realize that no one is perfect. JR is a snake, and I doubt I'll ever be completely comfortable turning my back on him. But he does love his family. I see how he is with you. And with Christopher. His whole world revolves around this family, John Ross and Sue Ellen the most of course, but all of you. I guess I just feel like I certainly have no right to stand in judgement of him. Not after everything I've done."

"And Bobby?" Lucy asked. "How do you feel about him?"

"Oh, I love him," Pam shrugged. "But time and distance has changed him too. We're both very different people than we were when I left Dallas. Who knows if we can ever get over our wounds and try again. I'm not even sure either of us want to. But, we're family. And we'll do what's best for our son."

Lucy didn't reply. She returned her attention back to JR's Instructions. "Any idea where we're supposed to find twelve dozen yellow roses?"

Pam giggled and shook her head. "No. But we'd better figure it out. If Sue Ellen's proposal isn't absolutely perfect, JR will make sure there's hell to pay!"

"She's not here."

Marilee took a deep breath and tried to remain calm. She and Jack had gone back to Michelle's apartment hoping to find her, but it was empty. Jack was starting to panic, and Marilee was starting to feel uneasy herself. "Should we call the police?"

"Why? She's an adult. She's only been missing a couple of hours. They won't be interested."

Marilee nodded. "Hospitals then?"

"Yeah," Jack sighed heavily. "Dr. Richards' secretary said she left right after her session, so it's been…" he looked at his watch, "almost three hours. If she was in some kind of accident…"

"Don't jump to conclusions," Marilee warned. "We'll call around and see if we can find her, okay?"

Jack nodded but said nothing. He had a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach that Michelle was hurt and alone and needed his help.

"You seem real happy working the ranch," Ray mused. "You're becoming a real, bonafide foreman, Bobby."

"Yeah," Bobby laughed. "Probably will never live up to your standards, but I do okay."

"Okay? Far as I can see you're doing outstanding."

Bobby removed the saddle from his horse and cast a sideways glance at his brother. "How is Lucas doing?'

"Growing up fast," Ray answered. "It's a shame you're missing it."

"You're his father, Ray," Bobby shrugged.

"Yeah. In every way that counts, I am. That doesn't mean you can't be part of his life though."

"I've been a real selfish bastard, haven't I?"

"Can't argue that," Ray grunted. "But you can make it right."

"Would it be alright if I called Jenna to talk about Lucas?"

"More than alright. In fact, I highly encourage it."

"Thanks, Ray. I'll do it soon. But first.."

"First you got a lot of fences to mend here. Literally and figuratively."

"Exactly," Bobby sighed. "I don't even know where to start."

"Whelp," Ray put his saddle up and turned to face his brother, "better figure it out. No time like the present. Get moving baby brother. You have a lot of work to do."

"Everything is fine, John Ross," Sue Ellen assured her son. "Your father and I just have some business to take care of before we come home. Yes, sweetheart. We're coming home together. No. We'll talk about the fact you lied to me when we get back to Southfork. Okay. I love you."

Sue Ellen put down the phone and turned her attention back to JR and McSween.

"He has an office in Dallas?" she heard JR ask.

"Yes. He's renting a house in the suburbs. And he's married. Wife is named Molly."

"He's been back for a while," JR said thoughtfully. "Guess the press coverage of Sue Ellen and me made him rear his ugly head."

"Probably," McSween agreed. "How do you want me to proceed? Should I confront him? Or just keep gathering information?"

"I think…"

"Oh, JR! Thank God you're in the office!"

JR looked up startled as Marilee and Jack came bursting into his office. Marilee looked shaken and Jack looked down right panicked. "What the hell is going on?"

"I need that detective you always use…" she stopped when she saw McSween sitting in the chair in front, of JR's desk. "Oh, oh! It's you! You have to help us!"

"Marilee," JR was practically growling now. "What the hell are you babbling about?"

"Michelle! Michelle is missing!"

"Missing?" Sue Ellen repeated, speaking for the first time. "What do you mean?"

"She had a doctor's appointment this morning. She was supposed to meet me for lunch after but never showed up. She isn't at her apartment or the bar and Jack hasn't seen her either. You know how fragile she is! We called all the hospitals and checked for accidents… something is wrong, Sue Ellen!"

"Alright, alright. Calm down," JR sighed. "You said she had a doctor's appointment? Did you call there to see if she left and if she did if she happened to mention where she was going?"

"Yes," Jack nodded. "Dr. Richards' secretary said she left straight after her appointment but didn't say anything on her way out.."

"Richards?" JR snapped to sudden attention. "What kind of appointment did she have?"

"Her therapist," Jack told him.

"Dr. Peter Richards?" JR ground out the name.

"Yes," Marilee confirmed. "Why?"

"Oh hell…" JR groaned.

"JR?" Sue Ellen whispered shakily.

McSween stood up and moved quickly to the door. "I'll go to his office now. We'll put an APB out on her car. Don't worry, folks. We'll find her."

Jack watched McSween hurry out of the office then cut his eyes back to JR. "What exactly am I missing, JR? If Michelle is in trouble…"

"Sit down, Jack," JR instructed him. "We have some things to talk about."

Miss Texas 1967

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Calling Peter "an old lover" makes me gag :ms:
But man, Peter is an asshole. At least on the show he was mostly just needy and was actually good with John Ross where the professional stuff was concerned, here he's a complete creep and is dismantling his personal and professional life 1 piece at a time.
I love that JR is getting 12 dozen yellow roses. 144 roses is gonna make the room look like that scene from the dream.
Sue Ellen is doing great here all things considered. I really like her maturity and that she was fair even in the face of everyone else being unfair.
I don't think Peter has hurt Michelle directly but if she's hurt it's his fault. I do want her and Jack to get a happy ending and I like the friendship she has with Marilee :)

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I need something bigger than the iron for Peter now. I'm sick of him trying to hurt my girl. He's an evil little shit and the way he spoke to poor Michelle was disgusting.

Sue Ellen, as always, totally rocks here. LOVE when she puts her man in his place.
And she's doing a fab job supporting everyone else too.

Now the rest of the family need to help her too.