After All

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic begins immediately after the events in "Conundrum," the last episode of the original "Dallas" story. It disregards both the TV movies and the TNT continuation.

With this story, I am hoping to give JR, Sue Ellen, and the entire Ewing family the ending I think they deserved.

"After All"

Part 9

Bud looked over the map spread out on JR's desk and pointed at a specific spot. "Right there. Close to the property line with Southfork. Given what we know about where the Southfork Oil is located, that's where I'd start looking."

"How fast can you get a crew out there?" JR asked.

"Since Mr. Barnes doesn't want any of us to work a two weeks notice, I can get my people out there tomorrow - assuming they're all on Stoneworth's payroll by then."

"Marilee?" JR looked at her.

"Yes," she nodded her head. "Get them all down to human resources today and we'll get the paperwork done."

"Great," Bud smiled. "I'll have the equipment we need moved out to the land this afternoon."

JR sighed in irritation when his intercom buzzed. "Sly! I told you no interruptions!"

"JR, Bobby is here and he said it's an emergency…"

Before Sly could even finish her sentence, the door to JR's office flew open and Bobby came bursting into the room. "JR! We have to go now!"

JR was taken aback by Bobby's panicked manner. "Calm down, Bob. Go where?"

"Switzerland. Mama and Clayton have been in a bad car accident. JR…"

"What?! Spit it out, Bob?"

"They had the boys in the car with them. Ray doesn't know how bad they're hurt…"

JR stood frozen still, too stunned to move.

Marilee jumped up out of her chair and put her hand on JR's shoulder. "Go, JR. Go right now."

Her touch and words were enough to snap JR out of his daze. He grabbed his hat and his briefcase and headed towards the door. "Straight to the airport?" JR asked his brother as they hurried to the elevator.

"Yes. They're warming up the Ewing plane now."

JR nodded and pressed the button for the ground floor. "Oh my, God, Bob…" he ground out when a troubling thought occurred to him, "Sue Ellen?"

"Ray already called her. She's on her way. She should beat us there by hours."

JR nodded and stepped out of the elevator. "They all have to be alright, Bob. They just have to."

"Mr. Krebbs?"

"Yes?" Ray stood to greet the doctor.

"Mr. Farlow will be fine. A few cracked ribs and a nasty concussion, but no life threatening injuries. Christopher also has a concussion. Several cuts and bruises, and a dislocated shoulder. Again, he should be fine. John Ross's left leg is broken in two places. He has three broken ribs and one of them punctured a lung. He's alright though and sedated for the pain. We're going to have to insert a rod into his leg. We'll be prepping him for that soon."

"And Miss Ellie?"

"She's being taken into surgery now. There are internal injuries and bleeding and we won't know how bad it is until we get in there. We also suspect serious head trauma, but we'll have to wait to evaluate that until she's out of surgery and stabilized. We'll keep you updated."

"Thank you," Ray nodded. "When can I see Clayton and the boys?"

"Soon. Someone will come get you. I have to go."

"Wait… doctor, what are Miss Ellie's chances?"

"I can't say for sure until I actually get a look at the internal injuries. A large piece of plastic punctured her stomach and is still.lodged in there. I have to be honest, Mr. Krebbs - if I were you, I'd start praying.

Don grunted, frustrated. He tried to call Sue Ellen at home and got the answering machine. Then he'd tried her mobile and gotten voicemail. He'd left messages at both numbers telling her to call him back as soon as possible. He needed to tell her about Mandy now - before it was announced publicly. Hearing the news from him would be hard enough for her. Reading about it in the newspaper or seeing it on TV would devastate her.

"Where are you, Sue Ellen?" he wondered out loud. "And why haven't you called me back?"

"Ray?"

Ray stood and greeted Sue Ellen with a hug.

"John Ross is okay," he told her. "Broken leg. Punctured lung, broken ribs, but okay. The left leg is broken in two places, one is a compound fracture. They're having to go in and put in a steel rod. You can see him as soon as he gets out of surgery."

Sue Ellen almost collapsed with relief. She said a silent prayer of thanks and hugged Ray again. "And everyone else?"

"Clayton and Christopher have minor injuries. Miss Ellie…"

"What?"

"It doesn't look good right now," Ray's voice was grim.

Sue Ellen's eyes widened and she shook her head. "No," she whispered. "JR?"

"He and Bobby are in the air. They'll be here in a few hours. I just hope they make it in time."

"We should be landing in about half an hour," Bobby said. "We'll call the hospital and get an update from Ray as soon as we're on the ground."

JR nodded but said nothing.

"I'm sure the boys are fine, JR. They have to be."

"The last thing he ever said to me was that if I wanted a son to talk to, I should call James."

"JR, don't do this to yourself."

"Why? This is all my fault."

"JR, it was an accident. You had no control over it."

"Really? If I hadn't run everyone I care about out of my life, they all would have been safe and sound at Southfork. The only reason any of them are in Europe is because of me."

"That's true, JR. But you didn't cause the accident. This is about Mama, Clayton, and the boys. Don't make it about you and your guilt. Believe it or not, the whole damn world doesn't revolve around you."

Sue Ellen hung up the pay phone and sighed heavily. She'd called Don twice from the hospital and got his voicemail both times.

"Coffee?"

"Thanks, Ray," she said, taking the cup from his hand.

"Everything okay?"

"I suppose. Don and I have been playing phone tag all day. He doesn't even know about the accident yet, much less that I'm in Switzerland."

"Ah. Well I'm sure you'll be able to connect with him soon."

"I hope so. How is Clayton?"

"Massive headache. Worried about Ellie. But he's hanging in there. Did you see Christopher?"

"Yes. He's alright. He's very anxious to see Bobby. They gave him something to help him sleep. I wonder how much longer before they'll let me see John Ross. He should have been out of surgery a long time ago."

"It has been a while," Ray agreed. "Stay here. I'll go find a nurse and try to get an update."

Sue Ellen nodded, took a sip of her coffee, and took a seat. She was exhausted. They'd been at the hospital for hours already.

JR and Bobby would be arriving soon. It had been so long since she'd laid eyes on JR. She was very nervous about seeing him again. She hoped there wouldn't be any drama between them. She didn't think she could handle it right now.

She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer. For Ellie… and for peace and calm between her and JR.

"Sue Ellen?"

She recognized the voice immediately. Her entire body reacted to it. She instantly tensed up, only to promptly relax completely, as if her insides were made of warm butter. "JR." she replied without opening her eyes.

"How's our boy?"

She opened her eyes and looked at him. His face was tight with tension and his eyes held panic and fear. "Broken leg. Broken ribs. The doctor said he was fine, but I haven't been able to see him yet."

JR nodded and took off his hat. "May I?" he gestured at a chair beside her.

She nodded and watched as he sat down. "Where's Bobby?"

JR lifted his arm and pointed. She saw Bobby standing beside Ray, talking to a nurse.

"You guys made good time," Sue Ellen said, making an attempt at small talk.

"Yes. We got on the plane as soon as Ray called." JR told her. "He's not going to want to see me, is he?"

"JR…"

"Excuse me," the nurse who had been talking to Bobby and Ray interrupted them. "Mr. and Mrs. Ewing?"

"Mr. Ewing and Mrs. Lockwood," Sue Ellen corrected her.

"But...you are the parents of John Ross Ewing, correct?"

"Yes."

"I'm afraid there's been a complication. I don't know why the doctor didn't come speak with you."

"What kind of complication?" JR demanded, sitting up straight as an arrow in his chair.

"Your son is in surgery. They found a bleed in his brain."

"A bleed?" Sue Ellen repeated.

"Are you telling us our son is having brain surgery?"JR ground out.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry. I don't have any other details. I'll find a doctor who can come speak to you."

JR sat in stunned silence as he watched the nurse walk away from them. He was too shocked to speak or move.

"Oh God, JR!"

Sue Ellen's anguished cry broke his spell. He turned towards her, reached out, and pulled her into his arms. He stroked her hair as she buried her face against his chest and cried. "Shhhh. It's okay, darlin'. Everything is going to be okay."

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Oh wow that was really beautiful...emotional, nerve wracking...I especially loved how Sue Ellen heard his voice but didn’t open her eyes....swoon!

Can’t wait for more!

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Oh wow that was really beautiful...emotional, nerve wracking...I especially loved how Sue Ellen heard his voice but didn’t open her eyes....swoon!

Can’t wait for more!
SNAP.

"JR, don't do this to yourself."

"Why? This is all my fault."

"JR, it was an accident. You had no control over it."

"Really? If I hadn't run everyone I care about out of my life, they all would have been safe and sound at Southfork. The only reason any of them are in Europe is because of me."

"That's true, JR. But you didn't cause the accident. This is about Mama, Clayton, and the boys. Don't make it about you and your guilt. Believe it or not, the whole damn world doesn't revolve around you."
Both valid points boys. I don't wanna see my boy drowning in self-pity, but it's cool to see him acknowledge that he f****d up.

JR sat in stunned silence as he watched the nurse walk away from them. He was too shocked to speak or move.

"Oh God, JR!"

Sue Ellen's anguished cry broke his spell. He turned towards her, reached out, and pulled her into his arms. He stroked her hair as she buried her face against his chest and cried. "Shhhh. It's okay, darlin'. Everything is going to be okay.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. That emotional connection is still there (and not just cos of their son)
How sweet of Don to be concerned about the state/ feelings of his movie........oops I mean wife.
But I wish the return of :tv:was the biggest thing she had to worry about.

I hope Jro will be ok. And I'm not ready to say goodbye to Miss Ellie either, but you DID promise endings everyone deserved soooo.....

I'm still scared and my nerves are shot.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic begins immediately after the events in "Conundrum," the last episode of the original "Dallas" story. It disregards both the TV movies and the TNT continuation.

With this story, I am hoping to give JR, Sue Ellen, and the entire Ewing family the ending I think they deserved.

"After All"

Part 10

"Everything was fine. The car was coming towards us in the other lane. Everything was normal. At the last second, it drifted into my lane. I didn't have any time to react before it hit us."

The police officer nodded and closed his notebook. "Thank you, Mr. Falow."

"How is the other driver?"

"Killed on impact, I'm afraid. We're waiting on the autopsy for a tox screen. We suspect impaired driving.."

"It all happened so fast…"

"Yes. Witnesses have confirmed your account. We'll let you know what our investigation concludes. Here's my card," he said, laying it on the hospital tray. "Call if you need anything at all."

"Thank you, officer," Ray stood up and shook his hand.

"Any word on John Ross yet?" Clayton asked.

"No," Ray grimaced. "JR and Sue Ellen are beside themselves."

"I can only imagine. At least Ellie is out of surgery."

"Yes. It seems she and John Ross both took serious hits from the impact."

"According to the officer, I tried to swerve out of the way. That caused the other car to slam directly into the passenger side where they both were. I don't remember it though."

"You're all very lucky to be alive" Ray said quietly.

"Yes," Clayton bowed his head. "Just praying that Ellie and John Ross can hang on."

JR and Sue Ellen sat side by side in the waiting room, holding hands in silence. They were both scared to death.

A doctor had finally come to speak to them. John Ross had had a seizure during the prep for the procedure on his leg. They had immediately ordered a CT scan, which showed a small bleed in his brain caused by blunt force trauma. They'd rushed him into surgery.

The doctor sounded optimistic, but told them they wouldn't know anything for sure until after the surgery was finished. The best case scenario was they would be able to stop the bleeding and there would be no long term effects. The worst case, of course, was death. There were a range of possible outcomes in the middle, some of which were terrifying to think about.

"Can I get you guys anything? Maybe some coffee?" Bobby asked, suddenly appearing in front of them.

"No thanks, Bob," JR grunted. "I've had too much coffee already."

"Same," Sue Ellen sighed. "How is Christopher?"

"Sound asleep again," Bobby told her. "The pain meds are keeping him knocked out."

"Excuse me, Mrs. Lockwood?"

"Yes?" Sue Ellen looked up at the young nurse who had said her name.

"There's a phone call for you at the desk. He says he's your husband."

"Thank you," Sue Ellen said, letting go of JR's hand and standing up. "Be right back," she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

She walked to the front desk and picked up the phone. "Don?"

"Sue Ellen! I'm sorry, honey. I've been in meetings and just got your messages. What happened?"

Sue Ellen took a deep breath and told him everything she knew about the accident and John Ross's condition.

"Is JR there with you?"

"Of course. John Ross is his son too."

"I know. I'm glad he could get there so fast. Sue Ellen, I'm so sorry."

"How fast can you get here?"

"You want me to come? Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Don, I need you."

"How do you think JR will react to me being there, Sue Ellen? I don't want to cause any tension that will only end up making things worse for you."

Sue Ellen glanced over at JR and sighed heavily. "Don...is it JR? Or the thought of leaving your movie that's keeping you away?"

"How can you ask me that? Sue Ellen, you're my wife and I love you. If you really want me with you, I'll get on the very next available flight. But you know John Ross has never been that fond of me. And JR is a bastard, but he loves that boy and my presence is only going to upset him and you know it."

Sue Ellen closed her eyes and swallowed hard. He was right. She wanted him by her side, but it would be selfish of her to insist on him being here when it would make everyone else so uncomfortable. "You're right," she finally said. "You should stay where you are."

"Call me. Anytime. If anything changes and you need me, I'll come right away."

"Alright, Don. Oh. I sold my Weststar stock."

"Damn. Star Field hired an actress already. That's why I was trying to call you - to let you know you didn't need to sell."

"Oh. Well, I'll just put the money in trust. Who did they hire?"

"I… I haven't met with her yet. Not until tomorrow."

"I hope it's someone good," Sue Ellen mused. "Your script deserves a true artist."

"Yes," he said distractedly. "Listen, Sue Ellen, call me as soon as you get an update on John Ross."

"I will," she promised. "Goodbye, Don. I love you."

"I love you too."

JR watched Sue Ellen standing at the nurses station, talking on the phone through narrowed eyes.

They'd been at the hospital for hours now. Why hadn't the Englishman showed up yet? Sue Ellen's son was in surgery, fighting for his life - surely her new husband understood that she needed him.

He had been worried about seeing her again. He didn't know how she would react to him and he didn't want his presence at the hospital to cause drama for her or anyone else. But there wasn't any drama. There wasn't even any awkwardness. She seemed comfortable around him. They had sat side by side, taking comfort in each other's company for hours.

"JR?"

"Yeah, Bob?"

"Is there anything you need me to do? Anyone you need me to call? Anything at all?"

"Actually, yes now that you mention it. Call Marilee, explain what happened, and tell her I have no idea when I'll be back. Tell her to go ahead with the survey crew. She'll know what I'm talking about."

"Sure, JR. Anything else?"

"A few prayers couldn't hurt," JR grunted.

"He'll be okay, JR."

JR said nothing. He turned his eyes away from his brother and settled them back on his ex-wife. She looked scared and fragile. He could relate. He was trying to be strong, but inside, his heart was shattered and he was scared to death.

Don took a big gulp of his drink and slammed his hand on the table.

He hated not being there with his wife - but he was smart enough to know that his presence at the hospital would cause her more harm than good. He and JR would never be able to spend that much time together in peace.

Plus… he didn't think he could stand watching them together. He was realistic enough to know that Sue Ellen still had very real, very deep feelings for her ex-husband. A crisis involving their son would bring all of those deeply buried feelings bubbling up to the surface. She was going to have enough emotional turmoil trying to deal with JR without having to worry about how Don would react.

He felt guilty. Not only for not being with her, but for not telling her about Mandy. He told himself that he'd kept it from her because she already had enough of her plate - but deep down he knew that wasn't entirely true. He just didn't feel like dealing with the drama.

He loved Sue Ellen. But their marriage had been strained for a while, even if neither of them wanted to admit it.

Mandy Winger and JR Ewing showing up in their lives at the same time might just be enough to push them both over the edge.

"Mr. and Mrs. Ewing?"

JR bolted upright at the sound of his name. He's drifted off into a light doze. "Yes?" he struggled to respond.

Sue Ellen stirred as well. Her head was on his shoulder and her hand was still in his.

"Your son is out of surgery," the doctor told them. "We stopped the bleeding and managed to clean the pooled blood from the area. His head took quite a brutal blow. There's some damage, we won't know how severe until we can perform some cognitive tests. He's still heavily sedated, but he's awake and alert enough that he's asking for his mother. Mrs. Ewing, you can go down to recovery and see him."

"Thank you, doctor," she stood up. "I'll be back soon , JR."

"You stay with our boy as long as you can," JR told her, squeezing her hand. "Tell him I'm here and that I love him."

"I will, JR."

JR nodded at her and watched her follow the doctor down the hallway.

He glanced at his watch and decided to try to grab something to eat while Sue Ellen was with John Ross.

He smiled faintly when it occurred to him that the doctor had called Sue Ellen "Mrs. Ewing" twice and she hadn't bothered to correct him either time.

The Englishman wasn't coming. John Ross was going to be okay. Sue Ellen was back at his side where she belonged.

And he was going to do everything in his power to keep her there.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
That was beautiful!!!

Absolutely no need at all for you to come Don! Just stay right where you are!! It’s all good!!!

Go ensure the spread of herpes continues! Your movie needs you!!!!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Just to let you know I’m not waiting all weekend for an update.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
The Englishman wasn't coming. John Ross was going to be okay. Sue Ellen was back at his side where she belonged.

And he was going to do everything in his power to keep her there.
That's my boy. Just PLEASE try to find a not so underhanded way.

"Killed on impact, I'm afraid. We're waiting on the autopsy for a tox screen. We suspect impaired driving.."
Still hoping it's :tv:so then Don and his movie will be up shits creek without a paddle because this

"How can you ask me that? Sue Ellen, you're my wife and I love you. If you really want me with you, I'll get on the very next available flight. But you know John Ross has never been that fond of me. And JR is a bastard, but he loves that boy and my presence is only going to upset him and you know it."
is bullshit.

Beautiful to see JR and Sue Ellen taking comfort, and being comfortable with, each other.

And if :tv:IS alive and well (boo) can she shack up with Don and leave the way clear for our favourite duo to be back where they belong?.
Though thinking about it I'm not 100% that even Don deserves that, I guess she could always try Cliff again.

I'm still holding out for option one though.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Don should have learnt from reading Sue Ellen's diaries that omitting the truth about things in order to protect her (or something) never does any good.

Hoping for the best with the rest of the family :)

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score

"After All"

Part 11

"My head hurts," John Ross said in a weak voice.

"I know, sweetheart," Sue Ellen squeezed his hand. "I'll buzz the nurse and try to get you something to help."

"Is he here?"

Sue Ellen smiled and nodded her head. She knew exactly who John Ross was talking about without even asking. "Of course he is. As soon as Ray told him you were hurt he dropped everything and came straight here."

"Is he… has he been nice to you?"

"Oh, yes, John Ross. He's been very kind and supportive. He loves you so much. The only thing he cares about is making sure you're alright."

"He...he isn't mad at me?"

"Of course not! Why would you ask that?"

"He hasn't come to see me."

"The doctor told me I could come. They said your daddy could come see you once you were out of recovery and in your own room. He will be there, John Ross."

The boy nodded and closed his eyes. "I'm sleepy."

"Get some rest, sweetheart. I'll be here when you wake up."

"Daddy too?"

"Yes. Daddy too. I promise."

"Marlilee said for you not to worry about Stonesworth. She said they had everything under control and for you to stay here as long as John Ross needed you."

"Thanks, Bob."

"I talked to Gary. He's coming to see Mama."

"Good. She'll appreciate that."

"Yes. She's very lucky. The doctor said if the plastic that punctured her stomach had been just a few inches higher…"

"I don't even want to think about that, Bob."

"Okay, JR."

They were quiet for a few minutes before Bobby spoke again. "You and Sue Ellen seem to be getting along well."

JR glanced at his brother from the corner of his eye. "Why wouldn't we be? We both love our son."

"Sure. But there's a lot of water under that bridge, JR. She tried to kill you after all."

"I was asking for it," JR chuckled. "I forgave her for shooting me a long time ago, Bob. Truth is we've been talking a little. The anger between us has disappeared over the years. We both want what's best for John Ross."

"And that's all it is, JR?"

"Bob, what are you trying to ask me?"

"It's just… JR she's married to someone else. She seems settled. I don't want to see her get hurt again."

"Not that it's any of your business, Bobby, but Sue Ellen is a grown woman. She can make her own decisions."

"You want her back, don't you?"

"I'll always want her back, Bob. It's up to her to decide what SHE wants."

"You're not good for her, JR."

"Mind your own business, Bobby. I won't tell you again."

"Hey, everything okay over here?" Ray asked, suddenly appearing in the waiting area.

"Yeah," JR said shortly. "How's Clayton?"

"Fine, all things considered. Have they let you see Miss Ellie yet?"

"Just for a minute," Bobby told him. "She needs her rest."

Ray nodded and sat down with his brothers. "We all need some rest I think."

"JR?"

JR opened his eyes and saw Sue Ellen's beautiful face. "Huh?"

"John Ross is in his room. He's still asleep, but I promised him we'd both be there when he woke up."

"He wants me there?"

"Yes," Sue Ellen smiled at him. "He does."

JR shook off his sleepiness and stood up. "Lead the way."

Sue Ellen had seen the flash of pure relief in JR's eyes when she'd told him their son wanted to see him. She reached out and put her hand on his arm. "JR?"

"Yes?"

"I… I'm so happy you're there with us." She moved forward and gave him a very quick, very tight hug.

JR tried to hide both his shock and his pleasure at her gesture. "Me too, Sue Ellen," he smiled at her. "Me too."

Don sat alone in his hotel room and stared at the wall.

He'd just had his first meeting with Mandy Winger. She was nothing like what he'd expected. She was calm, personable, and professional. She'd told him how much she loved his script and how badly she wanted the part. She pledged to work as hard as humanly possible to bring his full vision to life.

They hadn't talked about Sue Ellen, but Don could tell Mandy was nervous about working with him. The last thing he had said to her before their meeting broke up was that he would do everything he could to make her working environment comfortable.

And he'd meant that.

The truth was that the only things he knew about Mandy were what Sue Ellen had told him and what he'd read in her diaries. He was starting to think Mandy's evilness was overblown in Sue Ellen's mind. Mandy seemed honest, earnest, and willing to work very hard. Sue Ellen's feelings about the other woman were understandable, but Don suspected the real evil in the situation was JR - not Mandy.

Sue Ellen blamed Mandy because she couldn't force herself to place the total blame on JR. Just like always, she refused to hold her ex-husband accountable for his actions. Instead, she shifted the guilt to someone else - and in this case the unfortunate soul taking the blame seemed to be Mandy.

Don knew Sue Ellen would be very angry when she found out he was working with the other woman, but that was the way it had to be. He wasn't willing to damage his movie just to keep her from having to confront the ugly truth about JR.

And if she refused - if she was unwilling to accept Mandy as his colleague ..

Well, he'd just have to cross that bridge when and if he came to it.

JR sat by John Ross's bedside and tightly held the boy's hand.

John Ross had woken up very briefly and had gifted JR with a brilliant smile and a hug. JR had been so happy, he'd actually lost control of his emotions and cried.

"JR, I'm starving. Will you be okay alone with him if I run down to the cafeteria?"

JR looked at Sue Ellen and smiled. "Of course."

She nodded and stood up. "Can I bring you anything back?"

"No. I'm fine. Thank you."

Sue Ellen nodded, grabbed her purse,and walked from the room.

John Ross was going to be okay. The doctors said he had to have some more tests, but the fact that he had been awake, alert, and rational meant there probably wasn't any severe or long lasting brain damage. He would need to stay hospitalized for several days, but his prognosis was excellent.

The reunion between John Ross and JR had touched Sue Ellen deeply. She was so happy to see them together again. She hoped with all her soul that JR would work as hard as he needed to to repair the damage that he'd done to his relationship with his son. It would be hard, but she knew he could do it. When JR Ewing set his mind to something, he could do anything.

Of course, she was also very aware that something was happening between her and JR as well. She'd made a conscious decision not to examine her feelings too closely right now. Crisis always brought her and JR closer. She was sure that once John Ross was released from the hospital, both their lives would go back to the way they were before.

But for now, she needed him. He needed her. And John Ross needed them both. That's all that mattered.

Everything and everyone else - including Don - would just have to wait.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Tell you what it is Don (you massive twat) - you know the bridge you’re referring to?

Why not take a walk and jump off the end of it??? :wall:

Beautiful update and thank you for keeping to my desired timeline :D

I hope Don finds out to his cost who the True Evil is here. I feel nothing. NOTHING!!!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Sorry one more thing. He DID deserve to be shot. So you can shut up as well Bobby. I love you but make your mind up!!!

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Why not take a walk and jump off the end of it??? :wall:
He doesn't need to jump. I would HAPPILY and guilt-free push the bastard off myself.

The truth was that the only things he knew about Mandy were what Sue Ellen had told him and what he'd read in her diaries. He was starting to think Mandy's evilness was overblown in Sue Ellen's mind. Mandy seemed honest, earnest, and willing to work very hard. Sue Ellen's feelings about the other woman were understandable, but Don suspected the real evil in the situation was JR - not Mandy.

Sue Ellen blamed Mandy because she couldn't force herself to place the total blame on JR. Just like always, she refused to hold her ex-husband accountable for his actions. Instead, she shifted the guilt to someone else - and in this case the unfortunate soul taking the blame seemed to be Mandy.

Don knew Sue Ellen would be very angry when she found out he was working with the other woman, but that was the way it had to be. He wasn't willing to damage his movie just to keep her from having to confront the ugly truth about JR.

And if she refused - if she was unwilling to accept Mandy as his colleague ..

Well, he'd just have to cross that bridge when and if he came to it.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! :tv:is a soulless, evil little whore who chose to ignore my girl's warnings about getting involved with her man.

And putting business ahead of his wife's feelings....... Remind you of anyone Don? I mean you DID read the diaries.
You selfish hypocritical bastard.

"JR?"

"Yes?"

"I… I'm so happy you're there with us." She moved forward and gave him a very quick, very tight hug.

JR tried to hide both his shock and his pleasure at her gesture. "Me too, Sue Ellen," he smiled at her. "Me too."

***[
Now that's what I'm talking about. And the reunion of big and lil JRo was just fabulous. Wanted to cry myself.

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
He doesn't need to jump. I would HAPPILY and guilt-free push the bastard off myself.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! :tv:is a soulless, evil little whore who chose to ignore my girl's warnings about getting involved with her man.

And putting business ahead of his wife's feelings....... Remind you of anyone Don? I mean you DID read the diaries.
You selfish hypocritical bastard.
ALL OF THIS :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
One more thing since my girl IS wealthy in her own right can she take back any money that she's invested in business with Don?.

If his career really is so important to him that'd he'd throw in his lot with :tv:to save it, despite the feelings of the woman he claims to 'love' let him try and save it his damn self.

But before he does something else stupid I feel he should know the Iron is hot and I'm VERY upset and angry.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I can see where Don might be coming from but Mandy basically said to Sue Ellen she didn't care that JR was married and he loved her more so she was going to keep being the other woman until JR made her his wife and Sue Ellen his ex-wife. Mandy was not blameless even if JR was the one committing adultery.

Glad to see John Ross still deep down wants both of his parents.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I can see where Don might be coming from but Mandy basically said to Sue Ellen she didn't care that JR was married and he loved her more so she was going to keep being the other woman until JR made her his wife and Sue Ellen his ex-wife. Mandy was not blameless even if JR was the one committing adultery.

Glad to see John Ross still deep down wants both of his parents.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well said!

Mandy is the personification of evil.

I have always and will continue to maintain that had she interfered in Pam’s marriage she’d be slagged the way poor April is.

She’s a self absorbed, hateful bitch.

Or as Deborah Shelton said herself, ‘a manipulative homewrecker’.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score

"After All"

Part 12

"Sue Ellen, why don't you go get yourself a hotel room and get some sleep?"

"No, JR. I don't want to leave him."

JR studied his ex-wife carefully. She was clearly exhausted. Her skin was pale and dark circles were starting to form under her eyes. "I'll see if I can get them to bring in a cot for you," he finally said. "You need to get some rest."

"So do you, JR," she said softly.

"I'm fine," he assured her. "You know me. I can. Sleep anywhere. This chair is fine."

"JR…"

"I'll tell you what, we'll get you a cot and I'll leave for a couple of hours so you can sleep. I got on that plane with no clothes or toiletries. Betting you did the same. I'll go out and pick us up some things."

"You're going shopping for me?" Sue Ellen asked incredulously.

"Don't sound shocked," he chuckled, " I've shopped for you before."

"For jewelry and flowers, JR. It's not the same thing."

"I know your sizes. Just make a list of whatever you need. I'll pick up some things for John Ross too."

"Are you sure, JR?"

"Absolutely," he said, standing up. "Let me go find someone to get you that cot."

Sue Ellen watched him walk from the room, stunned at his offer to shop. That wasn't like the JR she knew at all; normally he would be making lists and barking orders at her to go pick up whatever they needed.

"Don't read too much into it, Sue Ellen," she muttered to herself. "He's still the same, old JR. A zebra can't change its stripes."

"Have you told her yet?"

Don put down his script and sat back in his chair. "No," he admitted. "She's under a lot of stress as it is. I don't want to add to it."

Mandy leveled her eyes on his face. "I thought you said John Ross was going to be fine."

"He's still in the hospital. They don't know how long he'll be there and they still have to do more tests."

"You must be a very secure man," Mandy mused. "I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving JR and Sue Ellen alone together for so long."

"They're not alone," Don snapped. "And yes, I am very secure with Sue Ellen. Our relationship is real and strong and based on mutual love and respect. Your relationship with JR was built on a fantasy."

"What do you know about my relationship with JR?"

"Everything that Sue Ellen knew about it."

"Really?" Mandy laughed. "Then you know nothing - only the ravings of a jealous and insecure viper."

"That's my wife you're talking about, Mandy. Watch yourself."

"Fine," Mandy shrugged, "but take it from someone who knows - JR and Sue Ellen have a sick fixation between them. The longer they're together, the more certain it is that they reconcile. And once Sue Ellen finds out you hired me behind her back? That's the excuse she'll use to leave you high and dry on her way to run back into JR's arms."

"You're wrong, Mandy," Don practically snarled at her. "And I'm not going to discuss my marriage with you any further. Let's just get back to work."

"Whatever you say," Mandy shrugged carelessly. "Whatever you say."

"Oh Lord, they'll let anyone in this place," JR groused, seeing his niece sitting in a chair beside his mother's hospital bed."

"You're right," Lucy shot back, "the security around here sucks. I tried to have you thrown out, but no one was game."

JR snorted and walked over to touch Miss Ellie's hand. "How is she?"

"Sleeping a lot. In pain. They've got her drugged up. Said she needs to rest to heal. How's John Ross?"

"About the same," JR told her. "They're keeping him asleep. He has awful headaches when he's awake."

"Can I go see him?"

"He'd like that. But wait a couple of hours. Sue Ellen is trying to get some sleep. I'm going to run out and get some things for us. I'll pick up some things for Mama too."

"Jenna is bringing some of their stuff later," Lucy said.

"Good," JR nodded. "Glad you could come, Lucy. It will make Mama happy."

"Daddy's on his way, JR. No drama, okay?"

"Okay, Lucy," JR promised her. "No drama."

"Already?" Marilee breathed out.

"Yes, ma'am," Bud grinned at her. "It was easy to find, given what we knew about where the oil on Southfork was located."

"How much?"

"Not sure yet. We need to take out some more equipment and take more samples. But best guess? Tons."

"So, JR was right," Marilee shook her head.

"Yes, ma'am. His property is one big big oil reserve."

"Tell me what you need," Marilee smiled at him. "Spare no cost. I'll provide whatever it is immediately."

"Are you going to tell JR?"

"Absolutely. That man could probably use some good news about right now."

Don glanced at his watch and realized it had been almost six hours since the last time he'd spoken to his wife. He thought about calling John Ross's hospital room, but decided against it. He didn't want to disturb the boy if he was sleeping.

He had to tell her about Mandy though, soon. He needed to explain and make things right.

Mandy was perfect for the role. They'd worked all day and he had been stunned at both her work ethic and her raw talent. His movie was going to be a surefire, bonafide hit. Sue Ellen was a reasonable woman. She wouldn't be happy, but he could make her understand.

And he needed to get her home as soon as possible. He didn't like to admit it, but there was truth in Mandy's warning to him about JR. JR would use the current situation to worm his way back into Sue Ellen's heart. There was something between them. It wasn't good or healthy, but it was there and it was strong.

Don needed to get his wife away from JR Ewing as soon as humanly possible.

"JR?"

"Yeah," Bobby laughed. "I was shocked too. He brought in clothes and toiletries for me and Christopher and even some comic books."

"Surprised he did that for you and Ellie. Shocked he thought to bring me anything," Clayton said. "I'll have to thank him."

"You holding up okay?" Bobby changed the subject.

"Yes," Clayton sighed. "I keep playing that moment before the accident in my mind over and over. If I had reacted just a little quicker…"

"It wasn't your fault, Clayton," Bobby told him.

"No," Clayton agreed, "but still…"

"What?"

"It just seemed like...Bobby that car was driving straight. It swerved into my lane at the last minute. It almost seemed deliberate."

"Couldn't have been, Clayton. Head on at high speed? It would have been suicide!"

"Yes," Clayton sighed. "Even so...something feels off to me, Bobby. And I just can't shake it. No matter what, I just can't help but think something isn't quite right about the whole thing."

"Thank you for the clothes and things, JR," Sue Ellen said, coming out of the bathroom. She had managed to sleep for several hours and had taken a shower and put on fresh clothes. She felt much better.

"You're welcome," he smiled at her. "Have you eaten anything?"

"Yes. Lucy brought me a tray from the cafeteria when she came to see John Ross. She brought me some things to read too. How about I sit in the chair and read quietly and you take the cot for a little while and try to get some sleep?"

"You sure?"

"Of course."

JR nodded and moved from the chair to the cot. "I got some good news today," he told her.

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"I bought Ray's land. I sent a geology crew over there. There's oil, Sue Ellen. Looks like a lot of it. I'm on my way back."

"That's wonderful, JR," Sue Ellen gave him a genuine smile. "I'm very happy for you."

"Thank you," he said softly.

He laid down on the cot and watched her beneath hooded eyes as she read through a newspaper. He would have never wanted his boy to be hurt, but he was very happy to have her back in his life and back at his side. He knew she thought the situation was temporary, but he intended to do whatever he had to make it permanent.

He was just starting to doze off when he heard her let out a strangled cry. He bolted upright and fixed his eyes on her. "Sue Ellen?"

She shook her head, and whispered a ragged "no," before dropping the paper she was reading into the floor. "It can't be! How could he do such a thing to me?"

"Sue Ellen?" he asked again. He climbed out of the cot, walked over to her, and squatted down in front of her chair so that his eyes were even with hers. "What's wrong, honey?"

"I can't… get away from me, JR!"

"What? Sue Ellen what happened?"

"I mean it!" she seethed. "Get away!"

JR reached down, picked up the discarded newspaper, stood up and moved away from her. He glanced down at the paper and saw immediately what had made her so upset.

There was a large black and white photo of Mandy Winger accompanied by an article describing how the popular actress had signed a contract extension with Bruce Harvey and was slated to make several more "serious" films, the first of which would be with Lockwood productions. The article stated that the film was already in production and that Mandy had flown to Scotland to begin work.

"Sue Ellen…"

"Don't, JR," she cut him off, standing up and grabbing her purse. "I don't want to hear it."

"Honey, you can't be mad at me about this!" he protested.

"She's YOUR mistress, JR. And she keeps popping up in my life over and over. If it wasn't for you, I never would have even heard of Mandy Winger."

"Where are you going?" he asked her.

"For a walk," she told him. "I need to think and to calm down before I talk to Don."

"Honey, I'm so sorry…"

"You're ALWAYS sorry, JR!" she said tearfully, "but somehow your regret never keeps me from getting hurt!"

"Sue Ellen…"

"No, JR. I need to be alone. Don't follow me, please. You've already done quite enough damage."

JR watched silently as she stormed from the room.

"I am sorry," he muttered to himself, "but I had to do it. And we'll all be better off for it in the end."

Last edited: