• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That just makes me wonder if Kirby will be missing until Jeff croaks it. That way they could lift Maddison out of the opening credits and put in Elaine and then take out Sam Adegoke and put Maddison back in once she returns.

Just my theory.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That just makes me wonder if Kirby will be missing until Jeff croaks it. That way they could lift Maddison out of the opening credits and put in Elaine and then take out Sam Adegoke and put Maddison back in once she returns.

Just my theory.

Not a bad one. I'm almost sure that the opening title will feature Elaine Hendrix. Taking a spot. But which one ? Maddison seems to be a good candidate.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think Kirby was ever planning to "build herself a publishing empire". She was actively looking to hire a CEO to run Femperial, which said to me that she was/is self-aware enough to realize she can't just step into ownership of a business and immediately master its operations. Owning it doesn't necessarily mean running it; she can just hire the right people to run it, then hopefully rake in the profits. My guess is the sketchy guru guy will likely bilk her out of that would-be fortune, just so they can write that company out of the series, much like the Atlantix soccer team got written out. But if they decide to continue with the Femperial angle, it would make sense for Anders to offer guidance to his daughter about running the publishing house similar to how he taught Sam (with zero background) how to run a hotel. But right now Anders has to spend his time fixing Blake's situation to keep him out of jail, though. Anders could probably fix the Mideast crisis and global warming if someone asked him to.

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think Kirby was ever planning to "build herself a publishing empire". She was actively looking to hire a CEO to run Femperial, which said to me that she was/is self-aware enough to realize she can't just step into ownership of a business and immediately master its operations. Owning it doesn't necessarily mean running it; she can just hire the right people to run it, then hopefully rake in the profits. My guess is the sketchy guru guy will likely bilk her out of that would-be fortune, just so they can write that company out of the series, much like the Atlantix soccer team got written out. But if they decide to continue with the Femperial angle, it would make sense for Anders to offer guidance to his daughter about running the publishing house similar to how he taught Sam (with zero background) how to run a hotel. But right now Anders has to spend his time fixing Blake's situation to keep him out of jail, though. Anders could probably fix the Mideast crisis and global warming if someone asked him to.

I honestly and completely agree with you.

Actually it was really intended as a joke from me. An ironic joke to point that - as usual - business in Nu Dynasty is just a plot device. Device that the writers love to get rid of as soon it doesn't serve their stories. I call that bad writing, but, well, I know I am not watching The Haunting of Hill house, Watchmen, or Yellowstone. But I always hope that Nu Dynasty's writing team would have longer plans ideas than that...

Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Not Kirby! Get rid of someone else instead. Culhane gets my vote to be evicted.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Not Kirby! Get rid of someone else instead. Culhane gets my vote to be evicted.

Eh, as cynical as it sounds, Jeff possibly dying soon it would seem a bit weird getting rid of Culhane so soon after.

With that said, I don't get the impression that Kirby is necessarily permanently gone - just "missing". Considering how shady the self-help guru/cult guy seems it could be them setting up for her up for a future storyline that's been developed off screen a bit.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Eh, as cynical as it sounds, Jeff possibly dying soon it would seem a bit weird getting rid of Culhane so soon after.

With that said, I don't get the impression that Kirby is necessarily permanently gone - just "missing". Considering how shady the self-help guru/cult guy seems it could be them setting up for her up for a future storyline that's been developed off screen a bit.

Kirby is the kind of character that should be guest, or recurrent but no regular or main cast. The actress is cute and this Kirby is way more lovable than OG crying Kirby. But her character doesn't hold much. But if the writer have something solid for her, I am fine with it too.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kirby is the kind of character that should be guest, or recurrent but no regular or main cast. The actress is cute and this Kirby is way more lovable than OG crying Kirby. But her character doesn't hold much. But if the writer have something solid for her, I am fine with it too.

Well, yes, I don't think Kirby is the kind of character that *needs* to be in every episode, but that can apply to a lot of the characters. I can actually appreciate the fact that they're not trying to wedge in characters into every episode and will just allow them not to be in them if they don't need them - though I suspect it has more to do with budgetary reasons. With that said, I like Kirby. I hope this isn't an exit for her but just to keep her off screen for a bit to have her story percolate a bit.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, yes, I don't think Kirby is the kind of character that *needs* to be in every episode, but that can apply to a lot of the characters. I can actually appreciate the fact that they're not trying to wedge in characters into every episode and will just allow them not to be in them if they don't need them - though I suspect it has more to do with budgetary reasons. With that said, I like Kirby. I hope this isn't an exit for her but just to keep her off screen for a bit to have her story percolate a bit.

I agree and I don't mind either. We don't need all the character to star in each and every episode. Especially if the writers don't know what to do with some of them. It's a waste of screen time and focus for more important storylines.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, I'm not counting on it to happen, but Kirby being gone for a few episodes and then returning with the real brain behind the self-help cult would be a treat. Of course the real brain is none other than Steven.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hesitate to bring this up, but one of the tropes (is that the right word?) of daytime soaps is that if you have a female character who lacks focus or simply isn't well-liked, the writers would often have that character victimized in some drastic way (typically raped, but kidnapped/stalked/attacked in some way) to "re-set" the character. This ws often employed if writing the character/actress out is not an option. The belief is that by having this violent act occur against her, she will gain sympathy from the viewers, and the viewers will more readily accept her new storyline direction (career/romance/etc.) that the writers dream up. I'm not sure writers would be as quick to use this plot device in this Me-Too era, but they could write a more sanitized version that accomplishes the same goal.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oddly, that re-setting up never applied to men...:re:
Rape always has been a trope in tv, especially on soaps, and I think it's time to end this.
On "Dynasty", with Krystle and Kirby, I think it was quite interesting because the reactions of both women was ambivalent (they both more or less denied it). Krystle's rape in particular was not really used as a plot device.
But on "The Colbys" it was simply unecessary, Fallon should have been willing to have sex with Miles, it would have show that she still kept some feelings towards him, like an unfinished business.

And I have a lot of instances in various shows with unecessary rapes...

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hesitate to bring this up, but one of the tropes (is that the right word?) of daytime soaps is that if you have a female character who lacks focus or simply isn't well-liked, the writers would often have that character victimized in some drastic way (typically raped, but kidnapped/stalked/attacked in some way) to "re-set" the character. This ws often employed if writing the character/actress out is not an option. The belief is that by having this violent act occur against her, she will gain sympathy from the viewers, and the viewers will more readily accept her new storyline direction (career/romance/etc.) that the writers dream up. I'm not sure writers would be as quick to use this plot device in this Me-Too era, but they could write a more sanitized version that accomplishes the same goal.

Hm, I'm not sure if this is the point of them writing out Kirby temporarily. It just feels like they might've wanted to focus on other things for a bit, plus it helps save some money. Plus, is Kirby not that well-liked? At worst I feel people are indifferent towards her.

Oddly, that re-setting up never applied to men...:re:

With men they tend to have female characters endlessly propping them up, one of the worst things that are happening currently is serial killer Ben on DAYS being propped up by pretty much everyone and anyone having a normal reaction (ie he's a fucking serial killer) are being portrayed as meanies.

But yes, original Dynasty/Colby's ended up treating rape like a joke. Fallon fainting because she "remembered" Adam "raping" her but wait he didn't and she's crazy anyone?

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But yes, original Dynasty/Colby's ended up treating rape like a joke. Fallon fainting because she "remembered" Adam "raping" her but wait he didn't and she's crazy anyone?
At least it never happened. But yes, it was purely gratuitous.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The re-set button for male characters tend to be violence. They get attacked somehow. Shot or pushed off a cliff. They end up in critical condition in the hospital and viewers are manipulated to feel bad for them.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Speaking of Kirby...

Episode 3.11 Spoiler:

A Wound That May Never Heal
With Alexis (Elaine Hendrix) back in the picture, Blake (Grant Show) attempts to comfort Cristal (Daniella Alonso) while he also works to reestablish himself. Fallon (Liz Gillies) decides to expand her empire and seeks a favor from Culhane (Robert Christopher Riley). Sam’s (Rafael De La Fuente) love life continues to heat up, and Colby is forced to consider lesser options for his plan. Kirby (Maddison Brown) and Adam (Sam Underwood) form an unlikely friendship.

https://what2vue.com/2020/01/11/official-synopsis-of-dynasty-episode-11-a-wound-that-may-never-heal/

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Kirby...

Episode 3.11 Spoiler:

A Wound That May Never Heal
With Alexis (Elaine Hendrix) back in the picture, Blake (Grant Show) attempts to comfort Cristal (Daniella Alonso) while he also works to reestablish himself. Fallon (Liz Gillies) decides to expand her empire and seeks a favor from Culhane (Robert Christopher Riley). Sam’s (Rafael De La Fuente) love life continues to heat up, and Colby is forced to consider lesser options for his plan. Kirby (Maddison Brown) and Adam (Sam Underwood) form an unlikely friendship.

https://what2vue.com/2020/01/11/official-synopsis-of-dynasty-episode-11-a-wound-that-may-never-heal/

So...
Kirby & Adam? I mean, is Kirdam really happening?

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some photos from next episode. I really can't wait.

"Oh my God, I look much younger"

"Yeah, my face looks very good. To bad they had to give me that terrible outfit"

"Mother, you've changed again. I almost did not recognize me"

"Yes Fallon, I don't look like you anymore. Well, a bit less. Anyway, now I'm just relieved Adam didn't give Steven's picture to the surgeon's team"

"The idea of being your widow soon, makes me feel very sad"

"What? That old hag will get your fortune??? How could you do this to your dearest mum? Nothing could hurt me more! Not even your expiration date"

"Dominique, I'm sure one day, you will find a rich dying dude too. Until then, the boy is mine"

"And my hat is bigger than yours. Get over it bitch"

"Hi. My name is Adam. I'm here for the audition of the new Village People band's biopic"

"Great voice, nice moustache. Good resume. Young man, you're hired!"

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Elaine Hendrix might end up being the ultimate Alexis!