• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm pretty sure she got several Emmy nominations for that role (may have won a few, I'm too lazy to look it up).
Sadly, no Emmy win, despite the string of nominations. For NYPD Blue the only thing she won was a SAG award, and even that was for an ensemble cast. She won an obscure Best Actress award for something else. Still, not bad.

Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Laura is described as “Liam’s well-bred, erudite mother who is so overpowering and manipulative that she puts Fallon’s mother, Alexis, to shame.”

And yet the actress is slotted for just one episode. That's one hell of a performance Sharon will give. What's with Peach Dynasty and creating women characters with balls? I'd like to see 3 dimensional characters thank you, not a character ripped straight from daytime soap.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't believe that trying to maintain continuity with the original is going to do the show any good at this point.
I agree. I understand the need to use the character names from original Dynasty but why not create a new story altogether. Keeping some distance from original Dynasty may work wonders for Peach Dynasty. Or are they afraid this reincarnation can not stand on its own 2 feet?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is it not different enough?

I like to think "I know what this is!", only to be surprised by an alternative twist.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
@Rove I think it's probably not just that they might be afraid that this incarnation can't stand on its own. I think all of the changes they're making now is possibly a response to all of the backlash they received back in season 1 and they are hoping that these changes will allow the general audience to be more receptive towards the show. But methinks it's going to backfire.

Also, why are the writers wasting someone like Laura Van Kirk for only one episode? She needs to be a constant source of conflict for Liam and Fallon!

Last edited:

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Yeah sure. Cristal is not going to upstage Alexis of all people, especially if it turns out that the current actress ends up becoming much worse than the last one. I still think this "Tale Of Two Cristals" storyline is going to blow up badly in the writers' faces. The CW must be so desperate for them to have to hire a telenovela actress of all people! And I still think this whole Liam/Fallon romance is going to become so lame too but their fans won't care because oh gosh darnit Liam is so wonderful and awesome and perfect! And I also can't wait for Michael to be terrorized by psycho Kirby. You know that he's going to get saddled with her because the writers can't think up of anything else for Michael to do especially since they've destroyed any and all potential he could've had as a character.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
and Nicollette is missing the nuances Joan Collins had in spades from her first appearance.
That's because she's playing a different Alexis.

But what I meant to say was that everybody already know what's going to happen in season 2 and who's going to marry who and why that should or shouldn't happen - and yet, no storyline for Alexis. Or who started the fire, which is still the most important thing to deal with.

Let's hope they keep the best parts hidden from the Evil Internet.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Hi, I'm the Real Cristal Flores. I grew up in Venezuela, have long, beautiful hair, and learned Eeeenglish from a boooook."

Oh, and did I mention how much I love to set fires?"
[/jarring chord of organ music]

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
IMDB has updated their info. Maddison Brown (Kirby) is credited from the season premiaire and forward.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They are nowhere close to writing the entire season of episodes, much less producing them. Perhaps it's "one episode---so far".

Kelly Rutherford / "Melissa" seemed like a one episode character at first. Obviously she isn't.