nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This would make a lot more sense, she resembles Celia much closer and also this actress doenst have an accent as shes American so i mean Cristals heavy accent suddenly being gone is a bit illogical

Qué ?

You're right. But you know that nothing makes much sense in NuDynasty.
The show doesn't need a NuNuNuCristal. It needs NuShowRunner and writing team. A real writing team. I know that Josh Reims is stepping in. I hope his writing team and him will be better.

The rumour about NuCristal2 is very exciting, I wonder how they're going to twist it. Roll on, October!

Well, in the season 2 finale, Fallon was really mad at Cristal for the first time. Fallon and Cristal used to get along, but not anymore. I guess the writers will make them argue and Fallon will say a line like "I don't recognize you anymore" in the season premiere. And they will think it's clever.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/29/dynasty-recast-daniella-alonso-cristal-ana-brenda-contreras/

2019 : “Unfortunately, Ana Brenda Contreras will not be returning for the third season of Dynasty due to personal reasons,” executive producer/showrunner Josh Reims tells TVLine. “We’d like to thank her for her contributions to the show and wish her all the best."We’re excited to welcome Daniella Alonso who will step into the role of Cristal.”

2020 : “Unfortunately, Daniella Alonso will not be returning for the fourth season of Dynasty due to personal reasons,” executive producer/showrunner Josh Reims tells TVLine. “We’d like to thank her for her contributions to the show and wish her all the best."We’re excited to welcome XXX who will step into the role of Cristal.”

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks @AZLiam.
Yes, Kelly is back on set. I really wonder why they're bringing back her character. I like Kelly, but her character was a dead end plot device.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The producers like her, and like so many other producer/actor friendships I've seen on other shows, the producers will let that affinity for an actor overrule common sense. They'll come up with reasons to work them into the show regardless of whether it makes sense. Since Melissa last left the show having been exposed as a scheming bitch anxious to get her hooks into a Carrington, she'll probably try to hook up with Adam. Talk about biting off more than you can chew. Then again, maybe they see her as a perfect scheme-mate for Adam and he won't just use her and toss her aside like he has with others. I wonder if she kept that baby she tried to pass off as Steven's?

They would not have the nerve to have KR return as Alexis 3.0, would they? [/shudders]

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
It crossed my mind. After Fallexis, everything is possible. But I don't think they will.

Mine too. Although, it the show were to go that route, and if I were forced to choose, I'd much rather see them use Katherine LaNasa (Ada) since I think her performance has more qualities that remind me of Alexis. I'm not even sure what the point of the Ada character was in the first place (unless it was Grant Show nepotism). However, enough with the musical chairs casting game.

I'm of the camp that believes Alexis needs to be front and center right now and not be relegated to being a peripheral character. It's like watching Dallas without JR. LOST without the island. BSG without Number 6 (let's hire her!). Melrose Place without Amanda (or her!). Roseanne without Roseanne. I digress...

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
that believes Alexis needs to be front and center right now and not be relegated to being a peripheral character.
I agree. Nu Alexis needs to return to Dynasty in much the same vein as Alison Carr did in Sons and Daughters. New face, new name. The other characters were clueless in who they were really dealing with...Patricia. Of course the audience was wised up and this made it more fun then it should have been. I'd like to see a strong Alexis return to Atlanta. She manages to run Cristal 3.0 out of town because let's face it, no one is going to care about this Cristal. Alexis remarries Blake. Dopey Blake of course has no idea he has married his ex-wife. This way Alexis - from within the family - can begin her quest of manipulating family and seeking justice against those who crossed her.

I suppose it will be a wait and see game. Season 3 needs to be brave if it wishes to secure a fourth season.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did we discuss yet that there'll be a musical episode in season 3?

Because, you know, why not?

I suppose it will be a wait and see game. Season 3 needs to be brave if it wishes to secure a fourth season.

It'll get a fourth season because The CW likes to give shows that last beyond their first season to four, even if there's a reduced episode order. Beyond that... who knows. Ratings are low, but they're getting low all around these days.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Mine too. Although, it the show were to go that route, and if I were forced to choose, I'd much rather see them use Katherine LaNasa (Ada) since I think her performance has more qualities that remind me of Alexis. I'm not even sure what the point of the Ada character was in the first place (unless it was Grant Show nepotism). However, enough with the musical chairs casting game.

I'm of the camp that believes Alexis needs to be front and center right now and not be relegated to being a peripheral character. It's like watching Dallas without JR. LOST without the island. BSG without Number 6 (let's hire her!). Melrose Place without Amanda (or her!). Roseanne without Roseanne. I digress...

To me if kind of feels like the direction old Dynasty would have gone down if Alexis had not turned up in season 2. The Fallon and Krystle show.

Although Cristal has been pretty rubbish so far.
I feel like we are watching long drawn out audition process. Next.....

I am curious about the next Alexis. I wasn't overly enthused about Nicollette in the role.
I think they kind of struggle to get the balance right between Alexis, Fallon and Cristal.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I love Kelly Rutherford! I still hope that she lied about Steven not being the daddy when she found out that he was the butler's son. She may have thought she could pass it off as someone elses, with more money. Then have that fail and just gone the honest way - that the butler's son is the real baby daddy.

I want Steven back and I want him to have little Danny. I was very disappointed when they had Melissa reveal that he wasn't the dad.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was very disappointed when they had Melissa reveal that he wasn't the dad.
The quick, dismissive way they wrote in that twist telegraphed to me at the time that they had changed their mind about that plotline during the summer hiatus....little did I know they had not only changed their mind about the baby, they'd changed their mind about Steven entirely.

I hope that when/if they cast Alexis, they will let Steven play a factor in her return. It would make sense, since both of them have the goods on Adam. A patented Soap Opera Coincidence would have Alexis going to Paris for her plastic surgery, maybe even at the same medical facility where Steven is. One or the other could return to the mansion, while the other is also secretly in town helping put "the plan" in motion.

I would rather not see Ada again. I don't like villains who are written so omniscient and unstoppable. They did not give her vulnerabilities to make the back-and-forth between her and Culhane to be interesting. I also thought she would have been more interesting if she had been in that whole plotline for reasons beyond simple greed. Now if they had decided on giving her some other layers....like a reason to be toying with the Carringtons beyond simply wanting to get rich(er)...then the character would have been more than just "Big Bad of the Season". The only exception would be if she could return for an episode or two to reveal the sale of C-A was not valid because ::reasons:: since she was involved in that whole questionable scheme. I always had this idea that Max Van Kirk didn't really die in the saddle, and faked his death to screw over Fallon (among other reasons). If Ada helped him disappear, she could just as easily make him re-appear if he crosses her. The fiasco with the smuggling operation (where Jeff got shot helping Culhane) might have been the impetus for Ada and not-so-dead Max to have a falling-out. If Ada just drops in to wig-snatch Max, then disappear back into the ether, that would not only be okay, it would be darn near perfect.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The quick, dismissive way they wrote in that twist telegraphed to me at the time that they had changed their mind about that plotline during the summer hiatus....little did I know they had not only changed their mind about the baby, they'd changed their mind about Steven entirely.

I hope that when/if they cast Alexis, they will let Steven play a factor in her return. It would make sense, since both of them have the goods on Adam. A patented Soap Opera Coincidence would have Alexis going to Paris for her plastic surgery, maybe even at the same medical facility where Steven is. One or the other could return to the mansion, while the other is also secretly in town helping put "the plan" in motion.

I would rather not see Ada again. I don't like villains who are written so omniscient and unstoppable. They did not give her vulnerabilities to make the back-and-forth between her and Culhane to be interesting. I also thought she would have been more interesting if she had been in that whole plotline for reasons beyond simple greed. Now if they had decided on giving her some other layers....like a reason to be toying with the Carringtons beyond simply wanting to get rich(er)...then the character would have been more than just "Big Bad of the Season". The only exception would be if she could return for an episode or two to reveal the sale of C-A was not valid because ::reasons:: since she was involved in that whole questionable scheme. I always had this idea that Max Van Kirk didn't really die in the saddle, and faked his death to screw over Fallon (among other reasons). If Ada helped him disappear, she could just as easily make him re-appear if he crosses her. The fiasco with the smuggling operation (where Jeff got shot helping Culhane) might have been the impetus for Ada and not-so-dead Max to have a falling-out. If Ada just drops in to wig-snatch Max, then disappear back into the ether, that would not only be okay, it would be darn near perfect.

Maybe Alexis will return and not reveal she is Alexis and attempt to get the dirt on Adam.

I did wonder if they originally planned to recast Steven to play to the original but then with all the cast changes they changed their minds.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess we're lucky that they didn't give Cristal the plastic surgery storyline, because they probably wouldn't have done it again with Alexis.
And that fireplace moment is simply iconic. I feel that should have happened anyway, regardless of Sheridan's decision to leave the show or not.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
since both of them have the goods on Adam
I'm not too keen on the idea of Adam's schemes and crimes being exposed. He's the most entertaining character right now so I want him to get away with everything, well at least for as long as possible.
The redemption of such a great villian usually means a one-way ticket to Dullsville.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not too keen on the idea of Adam's schemes and crimes being exposed. He's the most entertaining character right now so I want him to get away with everything, well at least for as long as possible.
The redemption of such a great villian usually means a one-way ticket to Dullsville.

Unfortunately I think they've written him into a corner very early on. I'm not sure how much longer he can get away with stuff, and then it'll be either prison or off to join Julia Cumson at the convent.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The musical episode that's coming up will solve everything .