Reaction score
Awards
Return To Oz??

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is this the same IMDB that said Nathalie Kelley would be appearing in season two, episode one? Technically she did--in the "previously on Dynasty" clip package prior to the episode--but it was not a credited role. Every time they do this, I have to believe they're exaggerating the "appearance" of an actor in an episode, or at least adopt an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We at Soapchat really ought to hire a spy to infiltrate the set. Having to depend on the stars dropping secrets via Instagram is getting really tiresome.

I mean, I'd go to Norcross myself, but they probably have our photos at the gates of the studio with a "do not enter" notice. :ms:

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Dynasty Season 3: Daniella Alonso Debuts as New Cristal — First Look

"
Proving that Alexis isn’t the only Dynasty character with face-swapping capabilities, Cristal is returning for Season 3 with a new look of her own, as seen in this exclusive photo from the CW drama’s premiere (Oct. 11, 9/8c).

As TVLine exclusively reported back in July, Ana Brenda Contreras will not return to the role of Cristal Jennings in Season 3. Instead, the character will be played by Daniella Alonso (Animal Kingdom, Revolution) moving forward, and new showrunner Josh Reims promises a “seamless transition.”

Though little is changing about the character, he says she’s being written “a little more real and a little less scary, which is how we were writing Cristal last year. And Daniella is having a lot of fun. She got along with the cast immediately. She felt like she fit right away. Of course, we didn’t want Ana Brenda to leave, but that’s the situation.”

As for whether Cristal’s new look will be addressed directly, Reims admits, “I had to stop myself. I put in at least three jokes that sort of referenced the third time being the charm. Eventually, I was like, ‘I cannot write a joke for every scene she’s in. It’s out of control now.'”

https://tvline.com/2019/09/04/dynasty-season-3-cristal-recast-daniella-alonso-first-look-photo/

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well credit where credits due, Josh Reims is honest in his approach with the recast and is allowing the viewer to go along with it. That's something I will applaud. I also see a little Sophia Vergara in the above still.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She's cute and she looks younger than previous Cristal. ABC looks like she could be in her 40s. It never felt like there was a big age gap between Blake & Cristal.

nostalgicstudent

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
already liking how Josh is handling it, instead of ignoring the situation and pretending everythings fine he adresses it and jokes about it, wouldve been so much better if thats what they did with the first change

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting that they've added an asian actor to the cast. One thing I can't fault them on is their seamless commitment to diversity. Very refreshing to see!

Agree. There really is no reason for all to be white unless they are biologically related. Especially since "only" 60% of the population in the state of Georgia are white. More series should think about demographics vs location when they cast.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A mess is still a mess, whether they're upfront about it or not.
Willie you are normally upbeat about these things regardless of the catastrophe surrounding us. I'm kind of hoping Josh can correct the faults of this reboot, though that is a big ask. A smart producer/showrunner would have been looking at the ratings and thinking something is not quite right. It takes a bigger person to seek out and acknowledge the harsh criticisms this reboot has suffered and attempt a correction.

As awful as this reboot is I'm kind of missing the stupidity of it and the lively chats here on Soapchat. To be honest, Soapchat has gone awfully quiet of late :)

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She's cute and she looks younger than previous Cristal. ABC looks like she could be in her 40s. It never felt like there was a big age gap between Blake & Cristal.

Which is funny because the actress actually just turned 40 and Ana Brenda is 35-ish I think.