nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's official we're getting Alexis on Friday: https://tvline.com/2019/12/04/dynasty-season-3-new-alexis-elaine-hendrix-first-photo/

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's too late for this … all the lost potential with this show is disappointing. It should have been a strictly NETFLIX show for ADULTS.

nostalgicstudent

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
It's too late for this … all the lost potential with this show is disappointing. It should have been a strictly NETFLIX show for ADULTS.
This show being on the CW will be its doom, that network ruins all great shows and turns them into teenage messes like Riverdale

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is that a wedding ring on her finger?

I think we have the anwser now :p
I wonder if Jeff offered the ring to her.
Or if Alexis said "Ok, we have this arranged wedding to get back at Black. Now give me cash to buy the best ring you could offer to me. Don't make it too personal or romantic : I will pick it myself"

Last edited:

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Here's an interview with Adam Huber in Newsweek.

I'm guessing Episode 13 is going to be the reveal of Liam's child (maybe dug up by Adam)

https://www.newsweek.com/dynasty-se...r-midseason-finale-alexis-fallon-adam-1475903

I hope we find out who Liam's kid really is soon because I'm going to be very disappointed if they don't do anything with this plot point. I mean, why bother having Liam be the father of an illegitimate child at all if they aren't going to do anything interesting or useful with it?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would not want them to bring the child (and/or the mother) onto the show unless they have a meaningful story to tell--that is, don't bring them on just for the sake of addressing the plot point. Adam Huber, like Maddison Brown, isn't even written into every episode like the lead actors are, so giving him a story of his own via the child he fathered would likely be something they would not explore unless they decide to raise the number of episodes he will appear in.

Setting up future plotlines via seemingly minor references or foreshadowing is par for the course on soaps, but it isn't necessary to address the potential story right away--in fact, there is a certain amount of satisfaction a viewer can get from delaying the story. Some soap writers have been known to set up such stories (like paternity revelations, secret children, or back-from-the-dead scenarios) and wait many YEARS to revisit them.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
But wasn't the original "burned" quote referring to champagne instead of caviar? How can caviar be burned (unless you put it in the microwave)?!

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But wasn't the original "burned" quote referring to champagne instead of caviar? How can caviar be burned (unless you put it in the microwave)?!

They use quotes from the original. I think Dominique (or was it Alexis?) said that at some point.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dominique said the champagne was burned and Alexis replied the caviar was not. But of course, Dominique stated she did not like that kind of caviar. :D

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dominique said the champagne was burned and Alexis replied the caviar was not. But of course, Dominique stated she did not like that kind of caviar. :D

I believe the quote that the episode title is referring to actually comes from another episode and not that infamous exchange.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No, it's from "New Lady in Town":

Dominique Devereaux: It's burned.
Alexis Carrington Colby: Is it?
Dominique Devereaux: This champagne was obviously frozen in the bottle at some point.
Alexis Carrington Colby: If the champagne is too burned for your taste, don't drink it. The caviar, I trust, is not burned.
Dominique Devereaux: I really wouldn't know. This is Osetrova, and I prefer Petrossian Beluga.

https://carringtondynasty.fandom.com/wiki/New_Lady_in_Town_(1984)

By the way, the next episode will somehow pay an hommage to Diahann Carroll : https://www.instagram.com/p/B3dYAQjFhOi/

Jeff Byrd (director) : At the moment I’m Directing a very Dominique Devereaux heavy episode of “Dynasty” and in light of our recent loss of Queen Diahann Carroll, actress Michael Michelle and I feel the weight that’s on our shoulders to represent for her and all that she meant to the culture and as an OG on this show!!! I’m happy and honored that the Producers brought me back on the show to deliver what I’m sure will be a dynamic Dominique episode!!! Make sure to watch this episode and listen closely and you might catch an iconic line or two from and about Dominic. Rest Well Queen Diahann, we stand on your shoulders and honor your legacy!!!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hm, I'm pretty sure there was some sort of call-back to the champagne/caviar exchange in later episodes though.

Good that they're planning on some sort of tribute to Diahann. I know some haterz moaned about them not doing it when she passed away, but of course they are ahead in filming so it takes a while to show up on screen.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hm, I'm pretty sure there was some sort of call-back to the champagne/caviar exchange in later episodes though.

Yes, in the episode of season 6 when Dominique replaced Blake while he is at the hospital. The line of Dominique is "At the moment, I'm having some lovely non-burned champagne and velvet-smooth caviar. Not the kind you serve, Alexis".

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, yes...I can get behind that.

In regards to the bit about Kirby, this explains something that had been kind of bugging me. From late November through to Christmas, I kept seeing articles in celebrity-gossip sites featuring Maddison Brown in Australia--photos of her on the town in Sydney, doing a modeling gig in Melbourne, etc. I kept wondering why she wasn't in Atlanta filming the show, since other actors were chatting about which episode(s) they were working on (telling me that the show was not taking the month off for Christmas or anything like that). So now I know why Brown was back in Australia--Kirby's "missing" (probably at the hands of her guru/cultist guy) and it gave her some free time to go home and visit.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, yes...I can get behind that.

In regards to the bit about Kirby, this explains something that had been kind of bugging me. From late November through to Christmas, I kept seeing articles in celebrity-gossip sites featuring Maddison Brown in Australia--photos of her on the town in Sydney, doing a modeling gig in Melbourne, etc. I kept wondering why she wasn't in Atlanta filming the show, since other actors were chatting about which episode(s) they were working on (telling me that the show was not taking the month off for Christmas or anything like that). So now I know why Brown was back in Australia--Kirby's "missing" (probably at the hands of her guru/cultist guy) and it gave her some free time to go home and visit.

Good. Kirby is missing. And as her OG Dynasty counterpart, she won't be missed :D

They obviously didn't know what to do with the character anyway. That's what happens when you waste your time banging the first guru you meet, instead of building an empire with your stolen publishing company. Femperwhat anyone?

Last edited: