Am I ACTUALLY trying to kill myself??

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I went to the corner market this afternoon to pick up some orange juice, grapefruit juice, tea, a couple of things I needed ----- and I came home with 100 dollars worth of junk! Junk and garbage! Garbage and junk!

I mean, what the hell?? Why didn't I just lick the covid-19-laden hands of all the check-out girls??

Trash and junk! Junk and trash!! I'm too old for this!

What the hell is wrong with me??

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Trash and junk! Junk and trash!! I'm too old for this!

What the hell is wrong with me??
The social isolation of being in lockdown is difficult to cope with so we all need things that make us happy to cheer us up. Consequently, your desire to eat healthily is outweighed by your need for a mood boost from the fat and calories in junk food.

So tuck in and enjoy guilt free, this won't be forever, just double down on improving your diet once lockdown is over.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
After a lifetime of bad choices, I figure why stop now? I'm almost 40, the world around me is crumbling to the ground, and there's no discernible utopian future to speak of.

Misery loves company, so if others want to pig out, I say be my guest!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, my feet swelled last night to twice their normal size (not a typical symptom for me) which is already considerable even under routine circumstances... And I ate very little of what I brought home!

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
So then next Halloween you can go as Bigfoot and even save the money for the costume! :spinning:

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I sometimes think that I am the only normal person on here. Everyone else is a bit of a weirdo.

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Make a list before you go.

Step 2 is harder: Stick to it.

That is indeed harder. I have recently concluded that I am the world's worst grocery shopper. Not because I buy junk, but because I spend entirely too much. According to this food budget calculator, a generous budget for a single person should be about $270 per month. My allocated budget is nearly double that and, in the month of September, I've over-spent to that budget by 38% already. Being health- and weight- conscious, I shop for quality -- and that's not cheap. The hardest part of grocery shopping for me is planning ahead. How the heck should I know what I'm going to feel like eating on Wednesday when I'm shopping on Saturday? So, I would just buy everything and figure it out later. (Plus I eat out a lot.)

This week was the first time I've ever shopped with a firm budget and stuck to it. I solved the problem like I solve all of life's problems -- with an app, a shopping list/calculator. I guess it worked, at least as far as keeping me on budget; so I celebrated by going out to dinner on my way home. One step at a time.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's kind of old-fashioned, but my "budgeting" for grocery shopping consists of taking a certain amount of money with me (say, $30), forcing me to buy no more than $30. It can be well-planned or totally random stuff, but it will never go over $30 because...well, the cashiers don't like it when you try to negotiate. I would splurge on everything otherwise. I developed this brilliant technique :rolleyes: when I was a poor college student and that amount of money was usually closer to $10.

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
After a lifetime of bad choices, I figure why stop now? I'm almost 40, the world around me is crumbling to the ground, and there's no discernible utopian future to speak of.

Lights a cigarette, takes a shot of vodka, and nods my head in total agreement.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I'm almost 40 myself, and a lot of times have felt the same way.