Amanda: One Daughter Too Many

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's too bad that in Seasons 8 and 9 (not to mention the Reunion), the producers and writers pretended like Amanda never existed. This was especially true in Season 9 when Alexis kept on throwing the banishment from her children in Blake's face, due to the discovery of Roger's body. Blake could've countered by saying, "Look who's talking! Didn't you keep Amanda's existence a secret from me for 20 years?"

Alexis: "I had to keep her from you! You would have taken her from me! I did what I had to!" (all while doing that little head shake)

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, considering she was completely ignored after Blake said she went to London in The Portrait makes me wonder if it was Spelling/the Shapiros who ordered the showrunners/writers not to mention her again. It seems odd that it carried over two regimes in a very blatant way otherwise.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I still wonder how Dynasty season 7 would have turned if Catherine Oxenberg had not been a bit greedy, and if Aaron had not been cheap :D
She would have been let go at the end of the season. One executive did not like her character and wanted to get rid of her at the end of season 6. Eventually he would have had what he wanted.

As for Amanda, I guess the writers would have kept the plans they had for her in the seasonal bible : marrying Michael and being engulfed in an explosion with him at the end of the season. She would have been killed or left Denver as a widow.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She would have been let go at the end of the season. One executive did not like her character and wanted to get rid of her at the end of season 6. Eventually he would have had what he wanted.

As for Amanda, I guess the writers would have kept the plans they had for her in the seasonal bible : marrying Michael and being engulfed in an explosion with him at the end of the season. She would have been killed or left Denver as a widow.

Or at least just killed her in the proposed boat crash.

They could've done what someone else suggested - had Michael go to trial for her murder and jail (hence stopping his evvuuuuul plans), only to have a scene at the end of the season where we see a blonde woman from the back at the airport with someone handing her a ticket saying "here you go miss Bedford" and never be seen again with the implication that the Carrington's were in on framing Michael for Amanda's "murder".

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Even if I wasn't a "fan" of Cellini's Amanda, I hated (and still hate) how they treated her AND the character. It was no class...
Amanda deserved better than limbo. Even death would have been better than ignoring her like they did.