And away we go.

kenneth

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just finished booking an estate tasting with Spring Mountain winery and Stags Leap winery. Though Falcon Crest and Chase's house is why I chose those wineries I truly do look forward to the tasting experience as well.

I checked beforehand and the tasting will take place inside the mansion.

The next week can't pass fast enough.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just finished booking an estate tasting with Spring Mountain winery and Stags Leap winery. Though Falcon Crest and Chase's house is why I chose those wineries I truly do look forward to the tasting experience as well.

I checked beforehand and the tasting will take place inside the mansion.

The next week can't pass fast enough.

I'm looking to be in Northern California in the fall. Can you pass on the booking information. Would love to do the same. I hear it's the one house that feels like being in the actual set.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kenneth your holiday includes all the ingredients to be some experience. Enjoy!

Maggie and Chase are in the living room of the Gioberti castle mansion and are drinking champagne, (a scene from season 3, 1983 – ’84):

Chase: “It certainly is quiet around here tonight.”

Maggie: “Yep!” She looks at the literature on the table and says, “Too quiet for paper work.”

Chase: “Oh! That’s my grandfather’s last will and testament.”

Maggie: “You’re kidding! Good! Good, I’m glad you’ve found a little light reading. I’m impressed!”

Chase: “You teaser!”

Some scenes later:

Chase: “Let’s take this (while looking at the champagne) upstairs, before it gets warm! I’m not going to allow Angela to spoil a perfect evening of solitude.”

Maggie: “Why go……..upstairs?”

KillerBob

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

kenneth

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking to be in Northern California in the fall. Can you pass on the booking information. Would love to do the same. I hear it's the one house that feels like being in the actual set.
You go here to book a reservation to be payed upon arrival. You need the 75 dollar estate tasting to get access to the mansion. The entry fee is wavered if you make purchases over 175 dollars at the winery.
http://www.springmountainvineyard.com/RSVP/

In addition to tastings at Spring Mountain and Stags Leap I've booked a dinner reservation at the bar and grill at Silverado Resort and Country club, better known to us as Angela's Del Oro Spa. I believe it's the same restaurant where they filmed Angela confessing to Peter about running over Dan Fix mother.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You go here to book a reservation to be payed upon arrival. You need the 75 dollar estate tasting to get access to the mansion. The entry fee is wavered if you make purchases over 175 dollars at the winery.
http://www.springmountainvineyard.com/RSVP/

In addition to tastings at Spring Mountain and Stags Leap I've booked a dinner reservation at the bar and grill at Silverado Resort and Country club, better known to us as Angela's Del Oro Spa. I believe it's the same restaurant where they filmed Angela confessing to Peter about running over Dan Fix mother.

Thank you. On my list!!!

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Here is a clip from my visit (best viewed in HD-quality). I think I shared it once before, but I guess it was lost when the forum crashed. And here are some photos from the visit: http://staalnacke.se/2014/october/mellan-kiruna-och-fjarran-spring-mountain-vineyard-2.html

Looking forward to read about your visit, kenneth! :)

Thank you. Looks like Richard redecorated. Lol.

I thought it was odd the grass went right up to the pool. No deck. And no bay off the side of the living room but the living room actually looked bigger to me than I thought.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The mansion which was the centre of FC is right up there with it’s counterparts in DALLAS and DYNASTY. The legendary Southfork wasn’t particularly well decorated inside (at least in the early years set) and looked far better from the outside. However it is still some spot. The Carrington mansion in DYNASTY just took grandeur to another level. It is a place where you could picture the super rich residing. The Victorian Villa Miravalle used in FALCON CREST was and still is a fine piece of architecture. Three levels of ‘gothicness’ among all the vines you would ever need makes it quite a draw for fans of the Tuscany Valley series.

Angela gives Cole a taste of wine, during a meeting in her infamous study. The wine is a very old Gioberti product and it is very dear to Angela’s heart, (a scene from season 1, 1981 – ‘82):

Cole: “What is it?”

Angela: “That is history Cole! It was bottled, by your great great grandfather.

He was an Italian immigrant, who came to America a little bit late for the gold rush. But at least he had the sense, to bring some of the old family vines. That was gold to Joseph.

He was married to a Swede, Tessa. She was so stubborn. It was a strange combination, a passionate Italian and a mystical Swede. They produced strange people. Us!

kenneth

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've made a youtube video of my loaction tour. In hindsight I' wish I'd filmed outside the Villa Miravalle but I was to busy taking pictures and getting mine taken. Inside I filmed some though. Next up was Stags Leap where I filmed more, at least on the outside. Unlike my Spring Mountain visit I shared the Stags tour with other guests so I had more of an opportunity to hang back and focus on the property. I would have filmed more at Silverado but my phone battery got low so I had to save the battery to order an Uber. I had to cancel dinner as I would have missed the last bus back to Vallejo. Sorry for the shaky cam, I'm more Bay than Spielberg evidently.

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for sharing. The villa is a beautiful location. :)

Cool that you also included the Gioberti house. Is it located nearby the other vineyard?

Also I love the ending of Falcon Crest with Angela thinking back about what has happened and how much the land means. It's really emotional and a good bookend to the show. Maybe that's why there's never been a Falcon Crest reunion as the original show did get a good ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Karin Schill

Okay so I just had to see the Falcon Crest villa while on vacation in California. However we didn't book a wine tasting tour so we had to settle for watching the house from a distance. I can not recommend it to other fans though, as you really don't see anything from the main road closest to the house but had to look for another road that would take you a bit further up to get this view:

California2017 2292.JPG

So if you wanna do the Falcon Crest experience I'd say it's better to go for their wine tasting tour...

I still wish they'd have an other option with a tour of the wineyard without wine tasting though. I bet they could still sell wine to tourists that did a cheaper tour around the wineyard, even if they hadn't tasted the product in beforehand!

California2017 2284.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay so I just had to see the Falcon Crest villa while on vacation in California. However we didn't book a wine tasting tour so we had to settle for watching the house from a distance. I can not recommend it to other fans though, as you really don't see anything from the main road closest to the house but had to look for another road that would take you a bit further up to get this view:

Karen you may not have seen "Falcon Crest" close up but you still managed to get some excellent photos. I hope you enjoyed your trip to California.