Buffy / Angel Angel Cast Reunion

K

Karin Schill

Hi Everyone,

So it's been 20 years since Angel first came on the air this fall. It's going to be celebrated at a convention in New York City in early October 2019.

Also Entertainment Weekly made a cast special like they did with Buffy for the anniversary 2 years ago. So if anyone wants to watch the new Angel reunion you can find it here:

I hope you'll enjoy this walk down memory lane. :)

Take care,
Best wishes:
Karin.

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Screenshot_20190624-191755_Samsung Internet.jpg

As the kids would say, this reunion has been giving me all the feels!

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The show has been on my mind since the reunion was released. Boreanaz reminiscing about shooting the Pilot on the streets of LA with the late Glenn Quinn got me thinking about how good the show looked, that feel of the first season - supernatural noir...with the three lost, lonely souls - Angel, Cordy & Doyle, later Wes - LA in the background. It may not necessarily be the best season but I think it's still my favourite.

20190624_210731.jpg

Screenshot_20190624-210838_Chrome.jpg

20190624_212226.jpg

K

Karin Schill

The first season of Angel had many great stand alone episodes. It still bugs me though how Buffy never heard from Cordy about "the forgotten day" when Angel was human for an episode since they made sure to plant that Angel told Doyle and Doyle told Cordy. So the potential for Buffy to find out was there but nothing ever came out of it. :rolleyes:

Doyle was wonderful on the show. It is sad how both Glenn Quinn and Andy Hallert died way too young. :(

But yeah Angel was a great show. In my last rewatch I saw it as it's own thing rather than an extension of Buffy and surprise, surprise I enjoyed it more that way!
Angel and Darla had such an interesting story. I loved that they brought her back for season two and three. :)

I also don't like the way they killed off Cordy or Fred. It seems unnecessary. The show only had two females in the opening credits and both died at the end? :censer:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The angel reunion was much better than the buffy reunion. The buffy reunion seemed tense. The angel reunion they all loved they were hanging out again.

K

Karin Schill

You are lucky to have been able to attend those reunions @rlr718 I'm glad to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves at the Angel reunion. :)
Will you tell us more about your experiences going to those reunions?

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You are lucky to have been able to attend those reunions @rlr718 I'm glad to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves at the Angel reunion. :)
Will you tell us more about your experiences going to those reunions?

Oh I didn’t attend them. I wish I had! I apologize, I wasn’t clear! I watched the videos on YouTube. Links below to the videos I watched. The angel reunion is the same video as the one you posted @Karin Schill

Angel 20 year reunion

Buffy 20 year reunion

K

Karin Schill

Oh I didn’t attend them. I wish I had! I apologize, I wasn’t clear! I watched the videos on YouTube. Links below to the videos I watched. The angel reunion is the same video as the one you posted @Karin Schill

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just thought you might have attended them since I noticed it said on your profile that you're from New Jersey and the Angel reunion was in NYC so it's not that far. :)

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just thought you might have attended them since I noticed it said on your profile that you're from New Jersey and the Angel reunion was in NYC so it's not that far. :)

I wish I had been able to attend but alas I’m sure the cost to attend was steep and I didn’t even know about it until after the fact.

K

Karin Schill

I'm sure you are right. I went to a Halloween convention with David Boreanaz and James Marsters in London way back in 2004 and it did cost a lot for just one evening and buying autographs.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think most of those conventions or discussions or meet ups are expensive. The companies that organize it have to make money somehow as well as pay the celebrities who appear.

K

Karin Schill

That is very true. I think the least expensive event I've been to is when the Dallas cast was at the Mirande Country Music Festival in France. The entrance to that festival was very reasonable and the costs for autographs wasn't too expensive either. But I think that is an exception to the rule.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks. I love the Buffyverse. I actually became a "fan" very late, with season 5 of Buffy, which still is my favorite.
I was an Angel fan since the pilot and I hated that the WB cancelled it when it was still profitable with decent ratings.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That is very true. I think the least expensive event I've been to is when the Dallas cast was at the Mirande Country Music Festival in France. The entrance to that festival was very reasonable and the costs for autographs wasn't too expensive either. But I think that is an exception to the rule.
I’ve only ever been to a music event and honestly don’t remember the cost. It was convention and the later afterwards a concert.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks. I love the Buffyverse. I actually became a "fan" very late, with season 5 of Buffy, which still is my favorite.
I was an Angel fan since the pilot and I hated that the WB cancelled it when it was still profitable with decent ratings.
i started Buffy Ethernet season 3 and 4. Also angel I watched from the start. Both shows are unique but I love both of them and the characters. Also all of the mythos in the “buffyverse” and “angelverse “
I never understood why they canceled Angel. It was an odd thing.

K

Karin Schill

I started watching Buffy and Angel around the same time as you did back in 1999.

I remember I was so upset when Angel was cancelled. I was a part of the "Saving Angel Campaign" but unfortunately we weren't able to save the show. :(

K

Karin Schill

Yes I think so. :D
Do you know if one Buffy ís supposed to be Kristy Swanson and the other one SMG?