Another Core Character Not Returning? (Spoiler)

DynastyCarrington

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Hi @DynastyCarrington, welcome to SoapChat. I too think S2 will not be an immediate continuation from S1’s final cliffhanger. Because of the recent wedding and pregnancy stories, I've felt all along that the character of Steven would not be killed off & not severely injured.

The snippets link you posted has already been posted here http://soapchat.net/threads/spoiler-huge-season-2-spoiler-read-at-own-risk.5272/page-4 and commented on. I agree with @Daniel Avery , who wrote: “This sounds like a plot outline for a multi-episode story arc.” Yes, not for a single episode.

I’m hesitant to fully trust the info in the article, considering the clickbait title & also that DarkUFO gives the source for the article as SpoilerTV itself. Ideas are often floated and trickled out, then dropped. Even if a scene is filmed, it may not be used.

If the writers are ruining their own show, then it’s with the showrunners’ blessings. I like to think that the showrunners have things under control. So long as what they do entertains, I'll watch. I'm just curious about the newcomers, their characters. I'm not invested in their story arcs. But that's just me.
Thank you :)
I'll definitely check out that chat as well. And I agree, all those plots don't seem to be just for the first episode - It's a lot to take in, especially after a huge cliffhanger and entrance of new characters.

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
I need Kirby to be a lesbian in this version. She used to experiment with Fallon back in the day. Yay or nay?

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Not necessarily. It would be interesting if the root of the animosity between Fallon and Kirby (that has been alluded to already) was Kirby's unrequited crush on Fallon, feelings she could not really deal with properly at the time (thin line between love and hate and all that).

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
I need Kirby to be a lesbian in this version. She used to experiment with Fallon back in the day. Yay or nay?
I AM UP FOR THIS. I know a lot of fans who want Fallon to be Bi, and tbh I can see that!
Not necessarily. It would be interesting if the root of the animosity between Fallon and Kirby (that has been alluded to already) was Kirby's unrequited crush on Fallon, feelings she could not really deal with properly at the time (thin line between love and hate and all that).
I'm perfectly okay with Kirby having an unrequited crush on Fallon, but I vote that Kirby be more along the lines of a Depraved Bisexual. I want to see her screwing as many people as she can, just so she can see how much trouble it will cause, all for her own amusement.

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Oh no, now I'm imagining a scene in Season 2 where Fallon wakes up from either a drunken stupor, or from having been roofied (or both), finds herself on top of a bed of crumpled up blankets, and casually walking out is Kirby, putting on her earrings and asking, "Hey, what do you want for breakfast? Worked up quite a sweat last night." :lol:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
It would be interesting if the root of the animosity between Fallon and Kirby (that has been alluded to already) was Kirby's unrequited crush on Fallon, feelings she could not really deal with properly at the time (thin line between love and hate and all that).
I like this idea, and support it in theory: because I had the impression that Kirby’s terrorising behaviour began when she was pre-pre-pubescent --eg, tearing heads off dolls -- and was also directed at Fallon’s parents too. Wonder what she wasn’t getting from her father/parents that Fallon was. The roots on Kirby’s side seem to lie in jealousy & parental anger. Perhaps, adult Kirby has been able to move past some of that, and a tentative friendship between the 2 girls start, only for a one-sided crush to bloom. No?

Oddly enough, it's been percolating in the recesses of my mind something similar as having happened between Blake and his mother: in his case, a child’s perception that his mother was rebuffing him because she saw his father in him. (Perhaps sensing she was projecting her negative feelings about her husband on him.) The mother-growing son relationship was testy and they became estranged because he'd built a wall of ice around his heart by the time he'd inherited the family business. The situation between them was when she was out of sight, she was out of mind; but her mere presence would rile and inflame him. At some point she chose to leave the family home, and Blake told her to stay away from him.

But conversely, Blake's been yearning for her love all the while & his inner turmoil has reared its head from time to time since her departure. (In my mind, for this cwDynasty, it's possible his mother isn’t dead – unless I’ve forgotten a scene where it was said she was.) The tragedy is that his mother understands much -- she's been keeping tabs on his life from afar and nearby -- but can’t reach him.

The lyrics from Misha Segal's aria in Don Juan Triumphant from Phantom of the Opera seen in this fanvid for another series (The OA) captures the angst beautifully:

Last edited:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
@B.J. Ewing ^ I was wavering between “amused” at the mention of the burns centre (linking it to something Erik, the Phantom said) & “optimistic” at your wish for Christopher to be alive.

Edited to add: Re the burns.... I think Steven and Christopher are degrees apart in their doneness.

More in the realm of possibility about why Steven would now be out in the cold:
Sam learns about Melissa’s pregnancy. He has his marriage annulled for fraud. Later learns the circumstances that had first taken Steven back into Melissa’s orbit. Then Ted Dinard’s daddy steps into the picture.

Last edited:

DynastyCarrington

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
@B.J. Ewing ^ I was wavering between “amused” at the mention of the burns centre (linking it to something Erik, the Phantom said) & “optimistic” at your wish for Christopher to be alive.

Edited to add: Re the burns.... I think Steven and Christopher are degrees apart in their doneness.

More in the realm of possibility about why Steven would now be out in the cold:
Sam learns about Melissa’s pregnancy. He has his marriage annulled for fraud. Later learns the circumstances that had first taken Steven back into Melissa’s orbit. Then Ted Dinard’s daddy steps into the picture.
I have to ask, is that a legit spoiler you got from somewhere? Or did you brainstorm this yourself? lol

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Brainstormed it, but put it as spoiler for anyone who has yet to watch all the episodes and doesn't know of some of the developments.

Last edited:

RebelHeart

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
And neither is lying down with a dog.

So? Jason Issacs alternates between The OA and Disco. Kate O’Mara was auditioning for roles in the US while waiting to be called back to complete the ‘option of additional episodes’ part of her Dynasty contract until she got fed-up of waiting and called it quits in Dynasty and the US.
Except the other audition didn't happen in the USA, but Australia. It would be hard to travel back and forth all the time.
Obviously, he's still there and who know's when he will be out. And still no word on him getting the Australian job, so... but him doing it in the first place says plenty.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Auditioning is part of the drill if you're trying to grow your career too, not just because you got fired (which was what you implied by saying James McKay had been "let go"). Why he's auditioning says little about his circumstances until there's official word that sheds light, IMO. If, indeed, TBTB are firing him from the cwDynasty show or are the ones not wanting to renew his contract, then kudos to you @RebelHeart for being given the scoop. :)

Last edited:

RebelHeart

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Auditioning is part of the drill if you're trying to grow your career too, not just because you got fired (which was what you implied by saying James McKay had been "let go"). Why he's auditioning says little about his circumstances until there's official word that sheds light, IMO. If, indeed, TBTB are firing him from the cwDynasty show or are the ones not wanting to renew his contract, then kudos to you @RebelHeart for being given the scoop. :)
I said as much as I was allowed to say, based on the info i've got. Don't kill the messenger.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Here's my theory about how Steven might leave the show: Sammy Jo somehow finds out about Steven getting Melissa pregnant and he decides to divorce him. Steven then decides he needs to go on some sort of business trip for a little while so he leaves Georgia without even saying goodbye. Then at some point Ted Dinard returns and seduces a lonely and heartbroken Sammy Jo into sleeping with him. By the time Steven comes back Ted & Sammy Jo are already in a full blown affair. And I think to either punish Steven for some reason or somehow make his life even more miserable, Melissa dupes her husband into thinking that the baby is actually his and Senator Daniels goes public with claiming the child as his, riling up Steven even more. Then we might see a major custody between Steven and the Daniels play out on screen while Sammy Jo continues his affair with Ted and Ted uses Sammy Jo's vulnerable state in a ploy to make Steven jealous and hopefully come back to him.