• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Another Core Character Not Returning? (Spoiler)

RebelHeart

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there since we are talking about James MacKay possibly leaving Dynasty (or taking a hiatus, or something)....

Both Rafael De La Fuente and James MacKay posted separate photos on their instagram pages yesterday showing each of them holding the same dog. What is interesting is that in the background of Rafael's photo, there appears to be a production trailer, leading me to believe that these photos were taken on the Dynasty set. This just me surmising, because really we have no context to the photos, or know when the photos were actually taken, and neither James or Rafael state where they are or what they are doing at the time of their respective photos, but it appears as tho James is on the Dynasty set in some capacity.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BldpifJBwKJ/?taken-by=rafaeldlf

https://www.instagram.com/p/BleKxJllOx0/?taken-by=jameswmackay
Still, I do believe he won't go immediately. I don't mind having him on the show. He and Sam are cute together. When exactly is he leaving, that part I really don+t know.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe for budgetary reasons the producers decided that some actors won't be in every episode (like with Joan Collins in the last season of Old Dynasty) so Nathalie Kelley will be out for some episodes at the beginning and will be back after a while and James MacKay will be also temporarily out at some point.

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is seriously weird and upsetting ... I didn't like Steven at first but I've grown rather fond of him over the course of the entire season. Something tells me that this show is going to be very different once it returns from its summer hiatus.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't like Steven at first but I've grown rather fond of him over the course of the entire season.
My thoughts exactly. On first viewing Dynasty 2.0 I didn't care for the series at all but begrudgingly decided to binge watch it just to keep up with the chatter here on Soapchat. By the end five characters stood out for me; Cristal, Steven, Michael, Sam and Anders. The snappy dialogue between Sam and Anders was a pleasant surprise. I'm afraid the arrival of Kirby will kill that comedy duo.

Once the series progressed and characters were allowed to breathe (just a little) I thought Cristal, Steven and Michael grounded the series, more so Michael. Blake reminded me very much of the original version. He is meant to be this all powerful, evil son of a bitch type but couldn't fight his way out of a wet bag. Fallon just rubbed me up the wrong way, throughout the series. And the much anticipated introduction of Alexis was laughable.

It's beginning to feel like Dynasty 2.0 is replicating the original. With all these dominant females Blake will just become the punching bag again for his former wife's latest scheme. Give this Blake an edge the original lacked or kill him off.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Both Rafael De La Fuente and James MacKay posted separate photos on their instagram pages yesterday showing each of them holding the same dog.
And neither is lying down with a dog.

James Mackay (Steven Carrington) had been let go.
But 'husband' Rafael de la Fuente was spared the shaft?

...he's been auditioning for other shows.
So? Jason Issacs alternates between The OA and Disco. Kate O’Mara was auditioning for roles in the US while waiting to be called back to complete the ‘option of additional episodes’ part of her Dynasty contract until she got fed-up of waiting and called it quits in Dynasty and the US.

What I was thinking was similar to some of you: In O.Dynasty, S9 Adam knew brother Steven went walkabout bi-annually. (I always thought that was Paulsen’s humour: mimicking the sudden disappearance of Bliss in the final episode of TC + it helped balance the books to have fewer weekly cheques to pay out. And then, he had Adam play out a twist on what TC’s Connie did with a letter. Alexis, too, in Dynasty at one point, I think.)

Could that be why cwDynasty is pulling McKay out? Here’s a retainer, James. See ya in Season 3 mate. Maybe. Reason to viewers: He’s on extended honeymoon, doing that around-the-world business trip that Blake supposedly doesn’t want to take now. (Again, shades of TCs’ Connie’s delayed “slow boat to China”/ round-the-world trip because of matters between Jason & wifey.)

Goodbye and good riddance! May the best characters survive!
You can’t keep a good man down. Or, should that read: you can't keep a bad man down; like so...

(From Disco: Mudd-Lorca snippet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A78y57JyZY

Last edited:

DynastyCarrington

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I wonder how accurate this information is. RebelHeart, is this info straight from production, or James himself? It's difficult to believe when there are no receipts. We do know that James was for sure filming these past couple of days via many pics from the cast. Here he is with Kelly (Mrs. Daniels) on set for episode 1.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlgQey_jnrl/?taken-by=kellyrutherford
https://www.instagram.com/p/BldTnGqDIEM/?taken-by=kellyrutherford

He also celebrated his birthday on set with the cast and crew.

Also, him auditioning for other roles doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving Dynasty. He could be alternating between shows, as Zable mentioned^.

However, if this information is true, this is tragic for the show - Steven was a great character. I wonder how they'll continue the storyline with Melissa, Sammy Jo and Steven's child. I think letting go of Cristal AND Steven is a big mistake, The writers are ruining their own show.

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@DynastyCarrington those are great links to Kelly Rutherford's instagram. An interesting takeaway is that, depending upon when theses scenes take place within the timeline of the show, Steven looks quite unscathed by the fire. Unless they are C-G-ing burns on him (kind of unlikely), it looks like Steven escapes the fire relatively unharmed.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@DynastyCarrington those are great links to Kelly Rutherford's instagram. An interesting takeaway is that, depending upon when theses scenes take place within the timeline of the show, Steven looks quite unscathed by the fire. Unless they are C-G-ing burns on him (kind of unlikely), it looks like Steven escapes the fire relatively unharmed.

Well it did say they were rehearsing. Maybe they just didn't bother with any makeup yet?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm guessing episode 1 starts after a time jump, so he his injuries are probably healed.

A time jump seems like a good guess. Though I'm a bit disappointed, I would have wanted to see the immediate aftereffects of the fiery cliffhanger. I suppose its just easier to do a time jump... but I'm still mostly curious about what Kirby's going to be up to. I wonder if she'll take up with this Nikolai character...

DynastyCarrington

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
A time jump seems like a good guess. Though I'm a bit disappointed, I would have wanted to see the immediate aftereffects of the fiery cliffhanger. I suppose its just easier to do a time jump... but I'm still mostly curious about what Kirby's going to be up to. I wonder if she'll take up with this Nikolai character...

I agree, it would've been nice to see an immediate aftereffects. A time jump is best guess, especially since Nat's not back filming for season 2, and it'll be easier explaining what happened to Cristal with one. I'm also really curious in regards to Kirby, and the entrance of Jeff and Monica's mom/Blake's half sister.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi @DynastyCarrington, welcome to SoapChat. I too think S2 will not be an immediate continuation from S1’s final cliffhanger. Because of the recent wedding and pregnancy stories, I've felt all along that the character of Steven would not be killed off & not severely injured.

The snippets link you posted has already been posted here http://soapchat.net/threads/spoiler-huge-season-2-spoiler-read-at-own-risk.5272/page-4 and commented on. I agree with @Daniel Avery , who wrote: “This sounds like a plot outline for a multi-episode story arc.” Yes, not for a single episode.

I’m hesitant to fully trust the info in the article, considering the clickbait title & also that DarkUFO gives the source for the article as SpoilerTV itself. Ideas are often floated and trickled out, then dropped. Even if a scene is filmed, it may not be used.

If the writers are ruining their own show, then it’s with the showrunners’ blessings. I like to think that the showrunners have things under control. So long as what they do entertains, I'll watch. I'm just curious about the newcomers, their characters. I'm not invested in their story arcs. But that's just me.

Last edited:

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If the do a time jump, they should be very nebulous RE: what happened to Cristal. Never really reveal if she's dead, alive, in a coma, nothing.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If the do a time jump, they should be very nebulous RE: what happened to Cristal. Never really reveal if she's dead, alive, in a coma, nothing.

That actually might be a good idea. The subject of what happened to her is danced around by the other characters, because the issue is too sensitive for them to talk about; but it also keeps the door open on Cristal's ultimate fate, so they can bring her back if and when they decide its most appropriate.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
^^
^
I like the idea -- but only if there is a pay-off for that reticence. However, they shouldn't avoid talking about Cristal at all, as though the character never existed.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't want a time jump because I want to see how Kirby makes her entrance, and how the others react to her return.
I don't care if it's going to be difficult to explain why this or that character isn't there, that's their problem, not mine. No cop-outs please.

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We saw her entrance: "Hello, Daddy."
You can always see her next scene in a flashback. I have no problem with having a character recall that scene for whatever reason.

Last edited: