Appreciating Charlie's Angels

Who's your favorite Angel or Angelic trio?

• Sabrina Duncan (Kate Jackson)

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Jill Munroe (Farrah Fawcett)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Kelly Garrett (Jaclyn Smith)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Kris Munroe (Cheryl Ladd)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Tiffany Welles (Shelley Hack)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Julie Rogers (Tanya Roberts)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 1 trio (Sabrina, Jill, and Kelly)

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Seasons 2 and 3 trio (Sabrina, Kelly, and Kris)

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Season 4 trio (Kelly, Kris, and Tiffany)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Season 5 trio (Kelly, Kris, and Julie)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
Medals
I love Charlie's Angels, I like all of them but Sabrina (Kate Jackson) is my most favorite on Charlie Angels, she was very funny too on the show, to bad only season 1-3 has been released on dvd here in Europe.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
I've been reading some season-by-season reviews from someone watching the series on BD.

Anyway, they're clearly written by someone who appreciates the series itself, and offers a reasonably balanced view (once I'd got past a nasty throwaway comment about cancer in the first season review), so here they are for anyone who's interested:

Season One
The reviewer wrote about going back further than The Avengers to Honey West. Honey West was created after Aaron Spelling saw Honor Blackman as Cathy’s Gale in The Avengers. Honor Blackman was offered the part of Honey West and declined. Of course, I know that Diana Rigg episodes were shown first in America.

rlr718

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
Charlie’s Angels first 2 seasons including the pilot movie are on IMDb tv on amazon prime. It says free with ads but I have not seen any ads whatsoever. I have watched through Target: Angels which is episode 5.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
And speaking of sexy, media watchdog groups would cite ANGELS as the most irresponsibly sexual show on TV year after year -- despite the program's prim lack of any sexual content whatsoever. The girls may have warn bikinis twice during the series' entire run.
Not just them, but church/religious people, probably most of all being Southern Baptist and IFB (Independent Fundamental Baptist), who have held such a hardline view of sexuality that it even led one (Donald Wildmon of the American Family Association) to condemn another ABC show (Soap, a primetime comedy sendup of daily serials) before it even aired, IIRC.

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
Unexpectedly sedate 1976 pilot:
The pilot was very sedate compared to what was to follow. Apparently Kate Jackson felt that because of the pilot film that the series would focus on more "classy undercover drama". She patters with the notion of being misled or misguided and was usually dissatisfied with the quality of the show thereafter. Jackson seemed to always be arguing with the writers, producers, directors, and whoever about the quality of the show and how it could be approved upon. She hated that the series morphed into what she called "cop story of the week".

Kate Jackson wanted something with more depth to sink her teeth into, but she was given fluffy camp instead. In saying all that, she did she complimentary of the show in interviews, speaking favorably of its popularity and what advances it did for her career.

It's funny though because I remember when my father watched a couple of episodes of Charlie's Angels with me a few years ago, he commented on Jackson's beauty and how attractive he found her.

1600173579910.png

rlr718

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
Not just them, but church/religious people, probably most of all being Southern Baptist and IFB (Independent Fundamental Baptist), who have held such a hardline view of sexuality that it even led one (Donald Wildmon of the American Family Association) to condemn another ABC show (Soap, a primetime comedy sendup of daily serials) before it even aired, IIRC.
Watching the regular season episodes it’s like did they drop the temps on set? Full on braless nipples.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medals
I read that Kate Jackson was offered her own show after appearing in The Rookies but came up with the concept of three female detectives instead. I've always found that unlikely and in any case she didn't get a creator credit.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Kate Jackson wanted something with more depth to sink her teeth into, but she was given fluffy camp instead. In saying all that, she did she complimentary of the show in interviews, speaking favorably of its popularity and what advances it did for her career.
Like becoming Washington, D.C. housewife Amanda King, mother of two sons, on Scarecrow and Mrs. King on CBS Mondays from 1983-87 (the Scarecrow of the title was Lee Stetson, who had that codename [played by Bruce Boxleitner]).