• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

As If We Never Said Goodbye

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
THE FOLLOWING IS A SEMI-SHORT STORY THAT I POSTED IN THE ORIGINAL WRITERS ROOM. IT HAS A FOLLOW-UP STORY THAT I WILL POST AS WELL. HAPPY READING!

DISCLAIMER:
No copyright infringement intended. For entertainment purposes only.

AS IF WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE
Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting ~ Peter Pan

SYNOPSIS

Sue Ellen Ewing tells the story of how true love never dies.

CHAPTER ONE

It was difficult for me to make it through to the end of JR's funeral. We shared a history like no other couple I know. We still loved each other and it showed, not with gestures or the flirtatiousness but the genuine glow we had on our faces when sharing a private moment. He was my husband--albeit not always the best--and closest friend in the end. I gratefully let my mind wander back to our reconciliation.

~~~~

“I was just about to put the kettle on for some tea. Would you like to come in for a few minutes?” I inquired, as he stood in my doorway.

“I’d love, too,” JR replied. I smiled joyfully as he walked in. Even in his late 60's, JR still made my heart go pitter pat.

“Wait here. I’ll be right back,” I said.

JR touched my arm and asked, “Forget the tea. Can you make me a drink? It's been a long and ruthless day.”

I chuckled, went over to my portable bar and said, “Sure but it's like that for you every day, JR.”

“I aim to try and change that real soon. Even so, I hope you'll still love ol' JR in the end.”

“In the end of what?” I asked inquisitively then handed him a glass with his favorite bourbon.

JR simply answered, “Oh nothing Sugar, I just want you to accept me for who I am. I don't care what other people think; just you.”

“I’m not in a position to judge you, JR. You don’t have to change for me. Do it for John Ross. Set an example for him and…"

"Sue Ellen, don’t you fret about John Ross. Trust me; he’ll be just fine, after all he’s your son,” JR said, proudly.

"And yours, so that’s what worries me," I said, with a smile.

"John Ross has a good head on his shoulders. I’m proud of him and you," JR told me and caressed my face gently. The slightest touch from JR and my knees buckled. I quickly excused myself and walked into the kitchen. JR didn’t say a word.

I remember thinking why of all nights did the mighty JR get to me. I told myself I didn’t need him—hell he didn’t even make a pass at me. I was still a desirable woman and interested in sex, but I hadn’t been in a relationship for awhile. Some men are intimidated by successful women; they back off—something JR never did.

After ten minutes of pulling myself back together, JR came into the kitchen. "Are you okay, darlin? I thought you were coming right back," JR said.

"Yes, I’m fine. I just wanted some tea and…"

"Did you drink it already? I didn’t hear a tea kettle go off and the stove isn’t turned on," JR said, not missing a trick.

"Oh, I...um...changed my mind. I reached into the freezer and offered JR some non-fat blueberry frozen yogurt. I took a spoon and scooped out a taste for myself.

"Yum! It’s delicious. Here try some, JR," I said, motioning for him to open his mouth.

"It won't mix well with bourbon but okay," JR said. Instead of eating the spoonful, he quickly kissed my lips—his tongue licked the corner of my mouth.

"JR!" I exclaimed.

"You were always a tasty morsel—and still are if I do say so myself," JR told me; a gleam in his eye.

"I didn’t ask, and don’t do that again. I’m involved with someone and…"

"Come on Sugar, I know you aren’t. I may not be up to the task anymore but I still love you, Sue Ellen."

"JR, it’s been a long time since we declared our feelings for each other and I don’t want to start now," I stated.

"Why? I don’t know what our future holds, Sue Ellen. I’m lonely and odds are strong that you are, too. This isn’t about sex. Obviously, an old fogey like me had my day in the sun."

"Yeah, I'm painfully aware of it, so please don't remind me," I said.

"I’m not going to try to seduce you though if you need a little explosion, I’d be happy to operate any device in your night table and…"

"That’s it; I think you need to go home now." I stormed out of the kitchen and walked to my front door. JR followed behind me.

"Relax. I'm sorry, Sue Ellen. I just want to be close to the only woman I ever loved. I don’t want to live without you anymore," JR confessed; his eyes filled with tears. His sincerity overwhelmed me.

The wall I created toward the love of my life crumbled. I was financially independent but the woman in me needed a man, and the one I still wanted was JR.

I stood in front of him, and took a deep breath. I ran my fingers through his sexy white hair and planted soft kisses on his handsome face. When I put my arms on top of his shoulders, JR finally pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

TO BE CONTINUED:)

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Aw I'd never read this before!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing, thanks for reposting. How I wish they had kissed in the new show :(

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 2

With unspoken words, I led JR to my bedroom. My heart refused to listen to my mind—stay away Sue Ellen.

After all the suffering JR put me through, I still had a soft spot for him. I wanted to cuddle, kiss and feel safe in his arms. He was right. It really wasn’t about sex but I still had the desire for him—something that never faded.

We kissed for several moments, clinging together and not wanting to let go. I was somewhat nervous when JR’s gentle hands slowly undressed me. He hadn't seen me nude in over twenty-five years. A somewhat recent ex-lover told me how great my body still looked but that wasn't good enough. I wanted to look perfect for JR.

When the last stitch of clothing dropped to the floor, JR caressed me. I trembled from his touch. For a moment, he stood there just staring at me. With a gleam in his eye and devilish smile, I was under his spell once again. He wasn't that young and virile JR of old but that didn't stop me from getting hot.

“My God, Sue Ellen you’re beautiful. My memories don’t do you justice,” JR said.

“I…I want you,” I whispered.

JR's wrapped his arms around my waist. “Let me love you, sugar."

“Yes, please!” I exclaimed, and smiled when JR removed his clothes. We turned down the sheets and got in bed. It was a surreal moment for both of us.

We clung to each other before JR said, “I never thought you’d give me another chance. All I think about is you, Sue Ellen. I love you."

JR's lips were upon me once more. When he planted soft kisses down my neck and cupped my breasts, chills went up and down my spine. His tongue swirled around the tightness of my nipples. He gently sucked both of them making me want him more and more.

“I need to taste you,” JR said looking up at me. I shuttered.

“Slow,” I panted and purred.

I thought I’d burst when JR’s tongue slowly—as instructed—glided down my stomach, maneuvering himself in-between my legs. It’d been a long time since a man pleasured me orally. I closed my eyes and savored the ecstasy of the moment. His fingers slipped in as he licked the core of my womanhood.

I was in heaven but I sensed a change in JR and heard him moan before he pulled back and got to his knees. My eyes lit up. “I thought you couldn't?”

“Damn, neither did," JR said, surprisingly. I held out my arms and told him how much I dreamed of this moment. I wanted it to happen as much as he.

JR entered me quickly and grunted in delight. His hard thrusts were paced perfectly. My nails grazed his back; our movements in flawless rhythm once again. My
cries of passion echoed throughout the room. His hands gently stroked my face before he kissed me with such passion that drove me wild and close to the edge. I squealed with delight when I reached the pinnacle moment. An orgasm so intense–like a volcano erupting its hot lava.

JR eased up and nibbled my ear. He turned over on his back. I angled myself between his legs and took him into my mouth. Slowly, I went up and down relishing in the pleasure I was giving him. I stroked him a bit faster when he began to throb until he exploded in my mouth. I savored the familiar taste before I let it trickle down my throat.

We nestled together, my head on his chest feeling safe in his arms.

To Be Continued:love2:

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
CHAPTER 3

I was hesitant to tell him how much I loved him. I never stopped but figured I had nothing to lose. “JR, I...um…” I tried to speak. When I stopped, he said, “What darlin?”

“I’m afraid to say it, JR.”

JR lifted my chin up with his finger. His kiss left my senses spinning. “Please tell me. Don’t hold back.”

My heart took over my mind. We sat up and I said, “After all these years, I’m still in love with you.”

JR smiled; a few tears flowed down his cheeks. It seemed my words took a huge weight off his shoulders, as if he couldn’t rest or be fully happy if I felt differently.

“JR, my darlin, say something.”

“Tell me again, please?”

My finger outlined his face before I kissed his lips and whispered, “I love you, JR.”

“I never thought you’d ever say those words again, and I wouldn’t have blamed you if you didn’t especially after the years of misery I…” My hand covered his mouth.

“Don’t bring up the past, JR. I forgave you a long time ago.”

“I’m truly a lucky man. I don’t know what else to say.”

“You know I loved Don, but I wasn't in love with him. I haven’t felt the same for any man since you,” I admitted.

“I never loved any other woman but you, Sue Ellen let alone being in love,” JR replied.

"Deep down I always knew that,” I answered and caressed JR’s face.

"I want to grow old with you, Sue Ellen,” JR told me.

I laughed. “You are old,” I joked.

JR playfully nudged me when I chuckled. “Ha-ha! I’m older than dirt. The rest of my twilight years would be meaningless without you.”

"I'm not getting any younger either, JR. I’m catching up to you,” I said.

“Nobody would know it. Have you looked at yourself? You’d have no problem attracting a much younger man.”

I didn’t get into much detail but he was right, and I admitted it to him. “Well, my darlin, I’ve been there and done that a few times. I prefer an old fogey like you.”

“Then it’s settled, we’ll get married again,” JR announced with a grin.

“What?” I asked, unable to say another word. I was speechless.

JR stood up and reached into his suit jacket. He opened up a red velvet box, sat down next to me and took my hand.

“Darlin, I hope you don’t mind if I don’t get down on one knee. I've been carrying this ring around waiting for the right time. Will you marry me, Sue Ellen?”

I was overwhelmed. I never thought I’d get a marriage proposal again, let alone from JR. He took out a sparkling three-carat round diamond ring and placed it on my finger. My hands shook.

“What is that old expression? Third time’s a charm? Come on honey, say yes.”

I loved JR so much and didn't want to be without him. I shouted, “Yes!”

JR was overcome with emotion—hell we both were.

“I can’t wait to tell John Ross the good news. He told me I should make my move on you tonight.”

I laughed and shook my head. “No wonder John Ross couldn't make it for dinner tonight, he told me he didn't feel well. God, he even coughed a few times."

“A good liar is a successful one, Sue Ellen,” JR confessed.

“Hm, I’m not surprised look who his Daddy is,” I said, kissing JR’s lips affectionately. He playfully pushed me down on the bed and tickled my sides.

“JR, oh God, stop!” I begged.

“Ha-ha. Say please, Sugar,” JR told me; his devilish laugh echoing in my ear.

“Please!" I screamed through my giggles.

JR let up and sweetly kissed my lips. “You’re irresistible.” He held me close until I said, “I wish you’d made your move a long time ago.”

“Me too, but as the old saying goes, better late than never.”

“You’re a man full of clichés, my love,” I said with a chuckle.

“I have to go to Mexico City in a week on business so I was thinking we’d get married at City Hall and then you can come with me.”

“I would rather go to Hawaii for a honeymoon, and somewhere you have no business meetings,” I told him.

“Fair enough, sugar. It’s just that I don’t want to be separated from you.”

“We have plenty of time to get married and be together,” I said and not realizing what our future held.

Last edited:

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That last line makes me think something bad is going to happen :(

K

Karin Schill

Well of course, I mean the story started with his funeral so... :(

I wish they had gotten remarried on Dallas TNT. Such a missed opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well of course, I mean the story started with his funeral so... :(

I wish they had gotten remarried on Dallaa TNT. Such a missed opportunity.

Oops, forgot about that. Not looking forward to reading the lead up to that :(

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
CHAPTER 4

It was wonderful waking up in JR’s arms. I made his favorite breakfast—three over easy eggs, crispy bacon, fresh fruit and coffee.

Before JR left to take care of some business he said, “Darlin, let’s keep our engagement a secret until I come back from Mexico City.”

“Even from John Ross?” I asked. I wasn't sure why he’d want to wait especially when he was excited to tell him.

"Yes, I only want us to know for the time being,” JR told me.

“All right, it'll be our little secret," I said, unsure why but I was so happy that I didn't question it.

ONE WEEK LATER

We kissed and hugged tenderly before JR left for his business trip. He said, “I love you, Mrs. JR Ewing.”

I smiled and said, “Pretty soon my love, pretty soon!”

I kept busy until JR called me from Mexico City. I spent hours on my computer—mostly shopping. What else could I do to keep my mind off missing the love of my life? With just a click I marveled at how easy it was to spend money on the things I loved but didn’t need.

When the phone rang, I couldn’t answer it fast enough. It was JR—finally!

“JR, my darlin, is everything okay? Are you there?”

“Hi sugar, yes I’m safe and sound at my hotel,” JR said.

“I miss you already. What am I going to do all alone? I’m used to waking up with you beside me again," I said with sadness.

“Oh Darlin, once I’m back in Dallas you’ll never go to bed alone again.”

“Promise me, JR,” I said, feeling empty inside.

“I promise, Sue Ellen, and I intend to make love to you every night—well almost,” JR said with a loud chuckle.

I laughed. “You better.”

“Darlin, at this stage of my life what have I got to lose,” he answered.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing, so hurry up and take care of whatever it is your doing and get home because this is going to be the longest week I’ve ever lived,” I said.

“We have a lot more living to do, Sue Ellen. After this deal, ol’ JR is going to retire.”

“Retire? You?” I asked.

“Yep, just me and you Sugar. I've been planning this score for a long time and…well…no use boring you with the details until everything is complete.”

“What if I don’t want to retire?” I asked.

“The idea of spending every single moment with me should convince you, right?”

“Oh JR, I’m teasing. I’m pretty much unemployed anyway,” I said with a chuckle.

“You have tons of money socked away I’m sure. You were a movie mogul not long ago,” JR said, laughing devilishly.

I giggled and answered, “True. I could support you if need be, my love.”

“I would never allow that, darlin. Anyway, John Ross is more than capable of running Ewing Enterprises without me. He has a good head on his shoulders.” JR said, proudly then snickered.

“What’s so funny?” Sue Ellen asked.

“John Ross said he’d be happy to keep me on the Ewing payroll as a consultant even though he wouldn't need me. Can you believe him? Ha-ha!”

“Oh Lord, I’m sure he was joking, but nothing he says surprises me. I take it that you told him about us, too,” I inquired.

“No, I let it go. He was so excited about the prospect of running the company solo that he never asked about you.”

I shook my head and laughed. “That sounds like him.”

“Yes and…I…” knock knock

"I'll be there in a minute," JR shouted. “I better go, somebody’s at the door. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay? I love you.”

“Alright but I don’t want to let you go," I said choking up.

JR sensed I was about to sob and said, “Don’t cry, sugar—it’ll be as if we never said goodbye."

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
CHAPTER 5

Since that night when I invited JR in for tea, we had several special moments that I thank God for, even if they were short lived.

When the liquor started to wear off at the funeral parlor, the feeling of being alone and empty inside returned—yes, I started to drink again. I desperately wanted another drink. I was no longer numb. I fought the temptation by letting my mind wander once again.

It was 8 o’clock at night. The phone call that JR said he’d make never came. I called his cell and left two messages. I rationalized that he was in the heart of a business deal; going so far as to think he was working non-stop to get home faster.

I was fast asleep when I got a text message from him.

Hi sugar. You’re probably in dreamland as I write this. I’m sorry I didn’t call today. Hope you’ll still marry me in spite of it! OFLOL. Things are moving along—even if there were a few snags. Right now, I’m on my way to Cancun which really sucks but I have no choice. I’ll be staying at the The Tropic Winds Hotel and Resort. I’ve stayed here off and on for years when I’d visit Hector. It’s a beautiful place. I know you'd love it. Even so, I’ll imagine the warmth of your body and the feeling I get inhaling your heavenly scent. I wish you were here with me because I miss you so much it hurts (another cliché darlin). Oh, by the way, OFLOL means Old Fogey Laughed Out Loud. I love you forever.

Cancun? What the hell could he possibly have to do there? In his old age—I chuckled—JR forgot we went there almost 30 years before. I decided to surprise him and book the next flight out.

I left word with John Ross that I was going to spend some relaxing beach days frolicking in Cancun. Since he thought JR struck out, John Ross told me to find someone to have fun with. He said I still rocked it—a definite MILF to many young men. I couldn’t believe my son actually said that to me. Even though I knew it to be true, I blushed from embarrassment. What my son didn’t know was that I’d turn down any man—young or old—for his Daddy.

When JR called me, I decided to let it go into my voicemail. I didn’t want to ruin the surprise of meeting him.

Howdy, Darlin. I’m at the hotel and it is really spectacular. I just ordered room service. My doctor told me to lay off the spicy food but hell you only live once. I might as well go off with a bang, right? Call me when you can. I’ll be at the hotel for a few hours. I love you.

The temptation of telling JR my little plan would have been too great so I opted not to call him. I sat back and enjoyed my flight anxiously waiting to snuggle up with the love of my life.

I arrived in Cancun International Airport at 3 o’clock in the afternoon and the weather was a comfortable 82 degrees. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I told the clerk at the front desk that I was meeting my husband, JR Ewing. No use saying I was his fiance. I handed her my identification, which of course proved I was legally a Ewing.

“Yes, Mrs. Ewing, your husband is staying in Suite 1404. Shall I ring his room?”

“I rather surprise him. He’ll be so happy that I was able to join him after all.”

“How wonderful, Mrs. Ewing. I’ll have the bellhop take your bags. Anything else I can do for you? Would you like me to make an appointment for a facial in our award winning spa?”

“Sorry, not today but I’ll let you know if I change my mind. I’m anxious to see my husband,” Sue Ellen said, with gratitude.

I couldn’t wait to see JR. The bellhop asked, “Shall I open the door for you?”

“No, thanks just leave the bags right here. I want to knock on the door instead,” I said and handed him a nice tip.

“Gracias,” he said.

Smiling profusely I nodded my head and took a deep breath. I was about to knock when my phone rang. I snickered. It was JR, so I picked up and said hello.

“Hi, honey did you get my message?”

“JR, my love, of course but I didn't feel like talking to you,” I said, joking.

“What?” JR asked, dumbfounded.

“I’m teasing, silly. I was just about to get in touch with you. Are you at the hotel?”

“Yes, just sitting here alone playing Angrier Birds.”

I laughed and said, “Angry Birds honey. Why aren't you working? Isn't that the reason you’re in Cancun?”

“Yes, I have a meeting tonight so I have a few hours to kill.”

“Good, then we can have some fun,” I said, wondering whether he could hear me right outside his door.

“Ooh, a little phone sex?" JR asked. It’s been a long time since we…”

“No, nothing as exciting as that JR. I want you to pretend.”

“Pretend? I don’t understand, Sue Ellen.”

“I want you to stand up and walk to the door and….”

“What? Why?”

“Come on JR, you can still get up and walk so do as I say, right now or you'll have to play a new game, angry Sue Ellen,” I huffed.

“Okay, okay sugar don’t get your undies in an uproar.”

“Thongs, my Darlin,’ I reminded him.

“How could I forget? You look so sexy in them. Well, I’m at the door, now what?”

“Close your eyes and wish I was behind it,” I told him.

“I’ve done this every night, Sue Ellen and it doesn’t work,” JR said with a chuckle.

“You haven’t tried hard enough now concentrate,” I said, ready to die in anticipation.

“I wish a beautiful lady would appear in front of my door. The lady I love more than life itself, my Sue Ellen. How was that sugar?” he asked.

I heard his deep, sexy as hell voice easily. “Open the door now, my love,” I said; still in amazement he couldn't hear me.

“Oh jeez, okay but…” JR opened the door and his mouth hung open.

I smiled and said, “Your wish is my command, master!”

“Oh my God! Sue Ellen!” JR shouted in excitement. We tumbled then fell when I leaped into his arms. Giggling on the floor like teenagers, we hugged and kissed, sharing in the joy of being together.

The timing of our reunion was perfect. We were at the stage of our life when any hostility or regret was behind us. We made plans to travel, work less—stay retired—and best of all spend our final days just being together.

“I was thinking, darlin. Why don’t we get married here?”

“You want to get married without John Ross or the rest of the family sharing in our happiness?” I asked.

“Yes, let’s do it different this time. Getting married at Southfork has been nothing but bad luck. Don’t you agree?”

I thought about it and figured he had a point. “You’re right but I feel bad about John Ross. Don’t you think he’ll be mad at us?”

“Yes, I guarantee he will but let’s do this for us. I don’t want to wait anymore for you to be my wife again,” JR said.

“I’m looking forward to be known as Mrs. Ewing again,” I said.

“You’re still called that now, Sue Ellen. What’s the difference?” JR asked his arm around my waist.

“Now I’ll be Mrs. JR Ewing; there’s a big difference, my love,” I informed him. I pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

“Wow, how are you gonna kiss me when we’re married? Or does it stop now that you got your hooks into me?” JR joked.

“Hooks into you? Darlin, I’ve got whips and chains. I don’t do hooks,” I kidded. “Now kiss me all over!” I demanded.

JR laughed momentarily then kissed my lips, chin and neck. I ached to be made love to; to feel the touch of his hands, mouth and tongue driving me wild. I let out a faint moan when the tip of his tongue lightly teased my nub. My insides burned with desire.

"I want you," JR whispered. He entered me slowly savoring the feel with each movement. He pulled up a bit and we kissed; our tongues in a slow dance until we couldn’t hold back. I felt the wild beat of JR’s heart against mine until a wave of pleasure swept through our bodies.

Three Days Later

We had everything we needed to fulfill the marriage requirements thanks to our good friend, Hector. He arranged everything for us in style and would be our bestman.

JR wore one of his custom black suits and looked extremely handsome. He still made me swoon after all these years. I had on a silky, slightly low-cut white dress that—in JR’s words—showcased my knockout figure that younger women would die for. My bouquet was made of yellow roses, what else?

When we said, “I do,” we cried tears of joy. “This is the happiest day of my life, JR. I love you so very much.”

“Mine too, sugar. I love you,” JR proclaimed and kissed me.

I held on to JR tight and said, "You know, I’m so happy I could scream.”

“Well, go right ahead, Sue Ellen,” Hector said with a smile.

“I’m Mrs. JR Ewing!” I screeched. We laughed hysterically.

“Man, I never heard her shout so loud, Hector. Well except for last night when…”

I turned as red as a ruby. “Oh JR,” I said in embarrassment.

"You're a lucky man, JR. You know if I lived in Dallas, I'd have married Sue Ellen myself. I always had such a crush," Hector admitted.

"I knew you always lusted after my wife. So glad to see you’re still envious, my friend," JR said, with a smirk.

“I always will be unless I convince her to leave you,” Hector said, flirtatiously.

"Thank you, Hector but I have my hands full with JR. Isn't that right, my love?" JR nodded in agreement.

We spent our two day honeymoon staying in Cancun. I will cherish the memories forever. We were about to board the plane back to Dallas until a twist of fate took my beloved JR away.

To Be Continued:(

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Took him away????? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
FINAL CHAPTER

“I can’t wait to see the look on everyone’s face when we tell them we got married again. I’m so excited, JR.”

“I know. It’s almost perfect,” JR confided.

I knew what he was talking about and I held my ground. “JR, I don’t want to live at Southfork. I have a beautiful home that I love. I think living on the ranch would be a big mistake. We’ll have more privacy at my house, and there will be a lot less drama, don’t you think?”

“Yes but I like drama. Is there anything I can say to change your mind about living at Southfork?” JR asked.

“No,” I simply said. I felt bad but the last few years I spent on Southfork were miserable and I didn’t want to go down that path again.

“Jeez, okay. I have to go to the little boy’s room. I’ll be right back darlin,” JR said with a sulk on his face.

“Hey sourpuss, kiss me first. You know how long you take in the bathroom,” I remarked.

“No, it’s not that. I’m only going to take a wiz."

“Hurry up then. I’m going to miss you,” I said.

JR kissed my lips softly and said, “Until our eyes next meet!”

It was our last kiss and the final words JR said to me.

15 minutes later

“Where the hell is he?” I said to myself. I called JR’s cell phone to speed him up but to no avail. I left a message. Did you fall in my love? I don’t want to miss our flight.

The sight of airport paramedics running past the waiting area left me with a jabbing feel in my gut. An eerie feeling came over me; I knew something bad happened. I jumped up and followed where the paramedics were headed. They stopped in front of the airport gift shop that had a little flower stand leading into it. I gasped when I saw JR on the ground.

“Oh my God, JR!” I shouted, and tried to go to him.

“Miss, please stay back,” one of them said.

“That’s my husband! What happened?” I screamed.

“I don’t know the full details but we suspect he had a heart attack. I was told he bought something then collapsed."

"No, oh God!" I said, my heart beat rapidly.

"I'm sorry. They’re doing everything they can.”

I turned away. I couldn’t bear to look. When I heard them utter, ‘He’s dead,’ I let out a blood curdling scream that I’m sure the entire airport heard.

“Get out of my way,” I yelled, and dropped to my knees next to JR. I cradled him in my arms and cried uncontrollably, kissing his forehead and stroking his handsome face. I noticed he had my favorite flower still clenched in his hand—a single yellow rose. It was the worst day of my life.

A part of me died that day. I thought JR would live forever. I never expected him to have a massive heart attack. The day I spoke to him when he first arrived in Mexico City, I wondered who knocked at his door. It was a doctor that the hotel had on call. JR had complained of chest pains but didn't want to go to the hospital. I realize now that he wasn't in the best of health but it didn't make me feel any better. I wiped my tears once more.

I never told anyone—even John Ross—JR and I were married in Cancun. Everyone thought we simply started to date again. I’m still not sure why I didn’t confess right away. Maybe I didn't want to share my last moments with JR with anyone. They were my memories! With all the condolences, I felt it was necessary to finally tell everyone the truth.

No better time than at JR’s graveside on the Southfork grounds. I didn't have a eulogy speech planned. Hell, I really didn't want to talk but I owed it to my beloved to say my final farewell. I looked out over our family and close friends unsure what I was going to say. What I did know was that I would pour out my heart hoping JR would hear me and smile from above.

What can I say about JR that hasn’t already been said? He was a ruthless and stubborn man, and had most of Dallas shaking in their boots. I could spend hours talking about the pain and suffering he caused but that’s not the side of JR I want to talk about today.

Mostly, I want everyone to know the truth about our relationship. We got married again in Cancun.

Gasp. Mouths hang open. I shook my head yes.

You heard me right. We couldn't deny our feelings for one another anymore. In the last twenty plus years, we felt our hearts still beat together as one. JR was not the only stubborn one. I let my bruised heart stay mending for too long. More than once, JR reached out to me but I resisted until one night when I was finally true to myself.

Our passion for each other was irresistible. I won’t go into intimate details about what JR expressed or how his touch still sent shivers up my not so young spine.

I looked at a red-faced John Ross. I will spare my son any awkwardness, I said with a chuckle.

What I can say is that our love for each other never died. In the short time that we got back together, it was enough to last a lifetime. I don’t think we had ever been happier than those last weeks. We wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, and I have no doubt, this time, that we would have.

JR, my love, you are my soulmate. Nothing will ever change that. I can't believe you're gone. I ache and feel so alone without you. I don't know if time will heal those wounds because words cannot describe how much I loved you. I’ll miss you every day of my life but I thank the good Lord for the time we were able to spend with each other. I know this isn't the end, like you told me once before, it’s as if we never said goodbye.

I kneeled in front of his coffin, kissed it softly and whispered, “Until our eyes next meet, my darlin. I love you!”

THE END!

FOLLOW UP -
SUE ELLEN'S STORY WITHOUT THE LOVE OF HER LIFE (but full of memories) WILL CONTINUE WITH A NEW ONE TITLED "UNTIL OUR EYES NEXT MEET."

Hope everyone enjoyed it!