• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

In the Spotlight with.. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Not of the taste of many Spanish people like moi. And that flag gets scared a lot of people for reasons that only citizens over 50 seem to understand. But happy you like soccer BF!! I do like paella, it´s been a weekly tradition at home all my life, and you can make it without fish too, with meat (ckicken, ribs or rabbit) or vegetables:

View attachment 23837 View attachment 23839

Note: I wish I could make paella but I just can´t...

Chicken and veg for me then! Definititely not rabbit! :eck: @Toni -

@Pammy P

I have fled the country, no forwarding address

1606165914722.png

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I know how you feel about Donna Reed taking over the role of Miss Ellie in Dallas but if they were making a modern day version of Dallas for either TV or the big screen, who would you like to see play the role?

I had one outstanding question that I never answered as i wanted to think about it and also didnt want to post during another TT person week in the spotlight

so @Angela Channing - after much thought- the answer is I dont really want a modern day Dallas for either TV or screen - they got the casting spot on 1st time round with all the core cast that you cant beat it and i dont want a second rate actor in the role of legendary JR, Sue Ellen, Pam, Bobby, Miss Ellie et al
For me Dallas is an 80s show - of its time - and thats where it belongs.

If it had to be anyone Cate Blanchett looking older in about 10 years time

Crap Cidre soured my view and taste for any new Dallas and I also found someone i loved ++ a bit annoying 2nd time round - so i dont want tainted memories anymore
You can call a show Dallas and have a few around from the original series but if it has no heart and soul then its not Dallas and Larry hagman was the main reason to watch it. it left me cold and it affected my love for original Dallas and some of the cast. When Larry died - it was time to end it there and then. The original cast and it was an ensemble cast made Dallas the success it was, without them, its not Dallas - I dont want a remake, reboot or continuation in any shape or form.

and @Karin Schill = you are right, I found my 1983 diary, it was MGM back lot!! :hugs:

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
@Angela Channing - Im not familiar with her work, Im not sure if i have ever seen her or maybe should say can recall her work!

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Angela Channing - Im not familiar with her work, Im not sure if i have ever seen her or maybe should say can recall her work!
Her best film in Hannah and Her Sisters and she has a wide acting range and an Oscar winner. She can do the sympathetic, caring mother type as in Edward Scissorhands and she can play the strong female as in Bullets Over Broadway and like Barbara she is very likeable . She's also in her mid 70s so she would be the right age to play Ellie.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Have you seen anything besides Dallas with momma in it?

oh yes

Hi @superman fan - have managed to aquire a fair bit of BBG over the years - previously on VHS tape but now on DVD
The DVds I own of her are

Our Town - Thornton Wilder
Alfred Hitchcock Presents S3
Alfred Hitchcock Presents S4
Blood On The Moon
Broadway The Golden Age
By Love Possessed
Caught
Fourteen Hours
I Remember Mama
Panic in the Streets
Summertree
The Five Pennies x 2 copies
The Long Night
The Todd Killings
Vertigo x 3 copies!!
Also have Journey to the Unknown, Daniel Boone and Spencers Pilots on DVD thanks to some dear friends in USA and Canada
Thanks, BF xx