Awards
IMG_20180403_162301_edit.jpg

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
So he blames Vicoria Principal for this, when he himself wasn't there for his own brother to help him not drugging himself to death?!
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. What kind of a person is this?!
If my brother was addicted with drugs, i'd help him or get him help, there are always ways.
HE took those drugs and ruined his life all by himself and his brother(s) weren't even there to help!
I'm not a VP fan, but blaming her for this now sounds very stupid to me.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
At 30 years old you are considered an adult, well and truly. I just wish sometimes people take responsibility for their own decisions - good or bad. Stop hanging your pathetic life onto others. Dr. Phil! Dr. Phil!

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Let's face facts here, Barry Gibb can be a cantankerous old fossil and he's obviously having a hard time taking an responsibility for Andy's sad passing and finds it easier to blame others. How many people split up in life...? How many then snort cocaine up their nose to get over it? Barry needs to get a grip.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Who's to say that Victoria didn't break up with him because he was using drugs?

He likely had been doing drugs before he was ever with Victoria.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Who's to say that Victoria didn't break up with him because he was using drugs?
Years later, that's what she said.

Immediately after their breakup, VP said in a 1983 magazine article that no one she'd dated had ever said anything negative about her publicly, So Andy, feeling challenged, went on the TONIGHT SHOW with Joan Rivers to make fun of Victoria, including saying that she was 33 when they'd started dating "and I think she still is" among other things. It was funny, but it made him look petty and small.

When he died, the mythology became that she'd destroyed him somehow.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's like Bobby Brown being blamed for Whitney's drug abuse - she was far ahead of him doing drugs before they'd even met.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
also looks like the Star or National Enquirer

So it MUST be true!! :kidding:

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So he blames Vicoria Principal for this, when he himself wasn't there for his own brother to help him not drugging himself to death?!
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. What kind of a person is this?!
If my brother was addicted with drugs, i'd help him or get him help, there are always ways.
HE took those drugs and ruined his life all by himself and his brother(s) weren't even there to help!
I'm not a VP fan, but blaming her for this now sounds very stupid to me.

Well said Mattew! Quite hypocritical of Barry and it contradicts interviews previously given by the Gibbs. Andy's drug addiction started before he became involved with Victoria, and I would have given him the same it's either me or drugs ultimatum too. He chose drugs instead of getting help and that's on him, not Victoria.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well said Mattew! Quite hypocritical of Barry and it contradicts interviews previously given by the Gibbs. Andy's drug addiction started before he became involved with Victoria, and I would have given him the same it's either me or drugs ultimatum too. He chose drugs instead of getting help and that's on him, not Victoria.

Victoria was having a fun romance with someone a decade younger than her - or so she thought. I doubt she expected it to last a life time to begin with to be honest. Drugs would definitively be a deal breaker.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Man, I wish YouTube still had the clip where JR gave out VP's personal number on-air!!!! At this point in time, JR ripped VP to shreds on a nightly basis!!!!

Clubsoda

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She didn't hold a gun to his head.

It's the same thing when a husband leaves his wife for someone else the other woman gets all the rap for stealing him but was he really stolen? Um no.