Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Mandy lol

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am honestly shocked. I never suspected it!

How can Barry Manilow be gay! A rear-ender! A faggot!

*insert ahem creative things here*

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It makes me sad to read some of the comments on this thread. IMHO, it is a form of bullying! How do you think that Barry would feel, if he happened to read it? Would he feel happy, hurt, ashamed, humiliated, etc.? Please remember that feelings should always come before your own pleasure at someone's expense!

It's no wonder that some people choose to keep their sexual orientation to themselves! Honestly, I thought that we'd come a lot longer than that in this day and age!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It makes me sad to read some of the comments on this thread. IMHO, it is a form of bullying! How do you think that Barry would feel, if he happened to read it? Would he feel happy, hurt, ashamed, humiliated, etc.? Please remember that feelings should always come before your own pleasure at someone's expense!

It's no wonder that some people choose to keep their sexual orientation to themselves! Honestly, I thought that we'd come a lot longer than that in this day and age!
Most of the people mocking are actual gay people. It's like a big in joke. We've all known. Always. I honestly don't think anyone would have cared 10, or even 20 years ago if Barry came out. People who listen to his music, and have done for decades aren't going to stop because he came out. He's a legend. But really it's like as surprising as when Ricky Martin confessed all to Oprah.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

FYI - we're mocking the poor old ladies who attends his shows that hadn't figured it out. The man is gayer than a Christmas tree - c'mon. And Christmas trees are pretty gay.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It doesn't matter who says it (or writes it). It's still condescending and discriminatory to talk about other people that way!
To be fair this is a forum. If we all just said Congratulations Barry we wouldn't be discussing anything.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I had no idea he was gay and I thought this thread was a wind up.

My gaydar is really, really crap!

I had no idea he was gay until he married a man a few years ago so when he "came out" recently my thoughts were he married a dude, we already know he's gay.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
until he married a man a few years ago
When I saw this thread I asked Wifey he she knew and she said yes, mentioning that he had married a man a few years back. I must have been unconscious when that news broke out because I completely missed it.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I'm glad that Barry still releases music, sometimes even new stuff and not just cover albums. I've always preferred his power ballads to his Jazz / Broadway recordings.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Good news for those who listen to Barry's music on Spotify:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Barry Manilow has a brand new single to ring in the holiday season. The song will definitely sound familiar to you.

It has already entered Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know how I will ever be able to listen to him singing O Holy Night knowing he desires unholy nights.