Dallas Actors Best BBG Acting Peformance Over a Storyline, Not Just a Single Scene

ramled99

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Perhaps my favorite actor of any Dallas cast member was Barbare Bel Geddes. She was just superb to me, a cut above the rest in acting skill. What are your favorite BBG acting performances over a whole storyline, not just a single scene acting performance? There is actually quite a bit to choose from. But my three favorites are:

1. Dealing with Jock's death over time (culminating in the kitchen destruction scene) (to me, her best storyline that displayed her true acting)

2. Her handling of JR's mess after he mortgaged Southfork (powerful and superb)

3. Mastectomy (great writing for her, and she executed perfectly)

I think her worst scene was when she played drunk in the later years that one time with Sue Ellen. She waaay overacted. I actually think she was intentionally comical as part of some inside joke. Her delivery was so weird to me.

Last edited:

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Mastectomy was a superb performance and the storyline came up again when she and Clayton got together.

Trying to break Jock's will was good too & when she sought a divorce from Jock.

ramled99

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, trying to break Jock's will was excellent. I get emotional during that scene when she walks out of the courtroom, flanked by the women..in defeat. But I didn't like how they wrote her to just throw her hands up and dismiss the issue after the court hearing. She should have at least had a talk at back home with the boys or one good scene.

Alexia

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Perhaps my favorite actor of any Dallas cast member was Barbare Bel Geddes. She was just superb to me, a cut above the rest in acting skill. What are your favorite BBG acting performances over a whole storyline, not just a single scene acting performance? There is actually quite a bit to choose from. But my three favorites are:

1. Dealing with Jock's death over time (culminating in the kitchen destruction scene) (to me, her best storyline that displayed her true acting)

2. Her handling of JR's mess after he mortgaged Southfork (powerful and superb)

3. Mastectomy (great writing for her, and she executed perfectly)
Those are my top three Barbara Bel Geddes storylines too!:)

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
1 Mastectomy

still dont know how she did this, reliving an eposde from her own life and getting the strenght to do it
brave and gutsy lady

2. Fight for ewing Oil in s5 and going to court to break Jocks will

3. Coming to terms with Jocks death and ending with Acceptance - s4

MenaceTheDennis

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
All of the above storylines were great for her. I also love her quieter reflective moments of exasperation and weariness too. Plus many scenes where she tells JR where to get off! Just watched a scene on YouTube when she tells JR to take charge of the situation with a drunk Sue Ellen when she was in the hospital after being on skid row (early in the dream season) . BBG had such command of that role. Loved it when she was deadly serious about something and when she would raise her voice with such authority.