• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Better improvement yet still very bad ratings

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just before Alexis showed up it got better. It's been good since then.

Hopefully, if they keep Jeff, they get rid of him being a wimp as he was in the first.

So we've met Adam, we know Anders has a daughter named Kirby, and next week Claudia's back!

The last episode they say will have a fire because of a crazy guest at the wedding. I wonder if it's gonna be her that causes it? I doubt it will be Michael or Jeff.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, like the first version of DYNASTY, everything ... crystallizes, as it were.... with the arrival of Alexis in the remake.

I'm still watching nuDYNASTY, and find it even easier to sit thru as time goes on. But I still find the most compelling part to be how the writers kind of brilliantly, almost creepily, find a way to rework the old plot details into a contemporary twist -- when they really don't have to do that at all if they don't want to.

If only Cidre had done her homework even one-fifth as well.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I saw a brief review of ratings in an article over the weekend. There were some pre-emptions that affected the initial ratings, so the "raw" number was artificially high; after subtracting those, the show was basically holding its own. The author basically said "Dynasty held steady," while its lead-out, Life Sentence, went down and in fact got its cancellation notice this week. That was not much of a surprise, though.

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
The fact that Valor got cancelled this week with ratings better than Dynasty shows that this Netflix deal saved it for season 2 and may continually do so. They also didn't get a back 9 for the season which Dynasty obviously did. So this Netflix deal has worked for the best.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess it was hard to ignore the growth in subscribers when Dynasty started.:hat: Basically, it's funded by Euro-money - oh my god, that's so season 9!

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
What are the ratings?

Completly unknown.
Netflix doesn't share ratings. What we know are the CW ratings in the US, but that's probably less than 2% of the worldwide audience, so if they were extatic or a total mess, it doesn't count a shit. ;)
It has a 5 star rating on Netflix germany, whatever that means.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The fact that Valor got cancelled this week with ratings better than Dynasty shows that this Netflix deal saved it for season 2 and may continually do so. They also didn't get a back 9 for the season which Dynasty obviously did. So this Netflix deal has worked for the best.

Well, that and the fact that it comes from the CBS side of The CW - there's a heavy imbalance there right now where (currently) only Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and Dynasty comes from their studio. Crazy and most likely Jane will end next season, which heavily increases its chances for a season 3. Charmed will probably get ordered to series and will also be a shoe-in for a season 2 no matter how it performs ratingswise.