Reaction score
Awards

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It is embarrassing.

But the President can not raise the Federal minimum wage without Congressional action.

Maybe instead of pushing out President to act like a dictator we should be holding Congress accountable.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It is embarrassing.

But the President can not raise the Federal minimum wage without Congressional action.

Maybe instead of pushing out President to act like a dictator we should be holding Congress accountable.
I completely agree. Also, isn't a change in the minimum wage something that would require 60 votes in the senate so it would need bipartisan support which the Republicans will never do. If he tried to get in through on a simple majority as a budget reconciliation, conservative Democrats such as Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema would block it.

I genuinely believe that President Biden is committed to raising the minimum wage to $15 but he can't do it without the support of the senate.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It is embarrassing.

Great point, but how do you hold a corrupted Congress accountable? They've long since been bought by corporate money, and Biden favors their corporatist point of view..

If we actually had a progressive president in office, I would make an exception and encourage him to go around Congress if it meant helping poor people for a change. Separation of powers and checks and balances only works if our elected officials are actually working for us, rather than working for corporations and military contractors.

I completely agree. Also, isn't a change in the minimum wage something that would require 60 votes in the senate so it would need bipartisan support which the Republicans will never do. If he tried to get in through on a simple majority as a budget reconciliation, conservative Democrats such as Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema would block it.

I genuinely believe that President Biden is committed to raising the minimum wage to $15 but he can't do it without the support of the senate.
If Biden was committed to raising the minimum wage, he would make an example out of Dems like Manchin and Sinema. As per usual, it's left to Bernie Sanders to do that.

I seriously question Biden's commitment to the $15 minimum wage because it's in stark contrast to everything he's stood for up to this point.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also, isn't a change in the minimum wage something that would require 60 votes in the senate so it would need bipartisan support which the Republicans will never do. If he tried to get in through on a simple majority as a budget reconciliation, conservative Democrats such as Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema would block it.

Mehdi Hasan GRILLS Bernie On Holding Manchin Accountable​

Kyrsten Sinema Popularity TANKS After Opposing $15 Min Wage​

Last edited: