LV

Reaction score
Awards

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kamala Is A Cop Except For Billionaire Banksters!

Kamala & Biden's Endless Circle of Hypocrisy!

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Krystal and Saagar REACT: Biden Picks Harris As VP, Reliving Her WORST Moments From Campaign Trail

Krystal and Saagar: Wall Street, Hollywood REJOICE Over Kamala Harris Pick

Wall Street Ecstatic With Kamala Harris VP Pick

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've made no secret of my admiration for Kamala Harris so this news makes me happy.
Obviously, I would have preferred to see her at the top of the ticket but, speaking pragmatically, this might be the best result.
Biden's "safe pair of hands" and Harris's energy - plus as much of Bernie's platform as he can sneak in without frightening the horses.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've made no secret of my admiration for Kamala Harris so this news makes me happy.
Obviously, I would have preferred to see her at the top of the ticket but, speaking pragmatically, this might be the best result.
Biden's "safe pair of hands" and Harris's energy - plus as much of Bernie's platform as he can sneak in without frightening the horses.
Like her, I'm also the child of a Jamaican father (my mother was also Jamaican) so although I'm not sure about her politics, her heritage is first class.

I think she will broaden the appeal of the Biden campaign so it was a smart appointment on his part.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Biden's "safe pair of hands?" The guy who wrote the crime bill, said nothing would fundamentally change, said he has no empathy for millennials, supported the Iraq War and the Patriot Act, said he would veto Medicare for all if it reached his desk, wants to increase funding for the police, said he wouldn't introduce legislation to reign in corporate greed, and is beloved by Wall Street? Holy shit. Where exactly are you seeing any of Bernie's policies being introduced? These are text book moderate Republican policies.

The best thing Kamala Harris ever did was rightly attack Biden for praising and working with segregationists, as well as being against bussing. Harris even profited off of it. She talked about a girl being bussed to school, and said "that little girl was me." This ended up on a T-shirt she sold. Once she was offered VP, she did a 180. She tweeted that Biden will "unify the American people" because he's "spent his entire life fighting for us." What a crock of self-serving shit. It proves she stands for absolutely nothing.

Of course, Harris's record is terrible in its own right. She took a hardline stance on drug use and truancy, while letting Trump's Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin off the hook for banking fraud. Mnuchin, Trump, and Trump spawn Ivanka have all donated to Harris's campaigns over the years too. Wall Street's also ecstatic over Biden choosing Harris. Of course they are. It's not like the ruling class would have allowed Biden to choose a progressive woman of color like Nina Turner, nor would he have wanted to.

Harris's own father rebuked her for saying she smoked marijuana because she was Jamaican. Funny how she didn't lock herself up or force herself to do cheap prison labor.

Snarky's Ghost said:
Her records is horrendous. But enjoy your skin color fixations.
That's just what it is too. I understand the historical significance of having a VP who is a woman of color, but it's meaningless if she does the bidding of the ruling class.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And as far as "broadening Biden's appeal" goes, I actually believe the opposite is true. She's a senator from California, which is already a solidly blue state.

On top of that, she's despised by many on both the left and the right. The only people that truly like her are the neoliberals who already favored Biden.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kamala Harris Says She Was a Progressive Prosecutor. Her Record Tells Another Story

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't like the pick. It's nothing personal, but Harris does have a problematic record when it comes to Criminal Justice. Seems like it was a "safe" choice for Biden, but a more progressive pick would have brought some Sanders supporters back into the fold.

That said, I will vote for Biden/Harris.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't like the pick. It's nothing personal, but Harris does have a problematic record when it comes to Criminal Justice. Seems like it was a "safe" choice for Biden, but a more progressive pick would have brought some Sanders supporters back into the fold.
Agreed. Bernie supporters made several suggestions regarding progressive women Biden could have chose for VP, but every woman he considered was a moderate.

That said, I will vote for Biden/Harris.
Although I've chosen a different path, I do get the sentiment. Trump is beyond reprehensible. I just wish the Democratic alternative cared about the needs of the people.

I read that hundreds of delegates have voted no on the Democratic platform because it doesn't include Medicare for all, but most of them are still voting for Biden.

So while they're making the case for harm reduction, I'm glad they're still holding Biden's feet to the fire along with the Democratic Party as a whole.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bernie Refuses To Call Out Kamala's Wall St Ties, Pivots To Trump Bashing

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know why they have so much trouble pronouncing her name. He said it wrong - apparently as a joke - then went on seriously - but he was still wrong.
When in doubt, laugh awkwardly and uncontrollably. It works for CAMALA! hahaha! hahaha!