• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Bliss's fabulous 80s room

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And you didn't like it?

Not at all. The first season I saw out of sync--the network that aired DYNASTY aired it after DYNASTY's sixth season, because there was no way a state-run monopoly would run both concurrently (and I am not sure they could even achieve it--did ANYONE in Europe saw it as it was supposed to?) I was interested in it as a concept because I was such a DYNASTY fan, season 6A aside, but it quickly lost me and most storylines were just dreary. I did not mind Miles Colby one bit though.
The second time I had to sit through the awful first season again since I had blocked it out of my mind except for how ridiculous the Connie and her cowboy story were. Then the second season I admit was good enough I looked forward to seeing new episodes as they aired, but it still needed A LOT to be fixed. But I would have watched a third season, whereas I had to force myself to go through the first season both times.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well as I big Dynasty fan myself I have to say I loved The Colbys. Especially more than dreary Dynasty season 7 and 8. Stephanie Beacham carried the whole thing though and she does it wonderfully. It's like she and Charlton Heston know they are playing out a 1950s and '60s melodrama and they really go for it. Likely because the producers/runners Husan and Bast told them exactly that. One of them had worked as an art director/set designer for Fox in the 1960s. I think they did one or a few Ross Hunter films which is I guess why the sets of The Colbys just looked so much better, generally.

JeffUSA

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
This was the set designers attempt at the Memphis style that was at its peak in the 1980s. They could have done a much better job. The timing of this original post is ironic, as the Memphis Milano style is on many design trend watch lists.
Modern.jpg
tumblr_nvm3g6H55t1qba4xbo1_500.jpg

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And who could forget the 1980s airbrush decoration (I had these kind of school dairies and exercise books, apparently it wasn't for boys but I found them so pretty)

I decorated the inside of the diary with pictures and clippings of soap stars, mostly Dynasty because they looked so glamorous.
Oh and I also had those pens with perfumed ink. I had to "import" them from another city but they smelled so delicious!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And who could forget the 1980s airbrush decoration (I had these kind of school dairies and exercise books, apparently it wasn't for boys but I found them so pretty)

I decorated the inside of the diary with pictures and clippings of soap stars, mostly Dynasty because they looked so glamorous.
Oh and I also had those pens with perfumed ink. I had to "import" them from another city but they smelled so delicious!
Were you beaten up much? :p

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well as I big Dynasty fan myself I have to say I loved The Colbys. Especially more than dreary Dynasty season 7 and 8. Stephanie Beacham carried the whole thing though and she does it wonderfully. It's like she and Charlton Heston know they are playing out a 1950s and '60s melodrama and they really go for it. Likely because the producers/runners Husan and Bast told them exactly that. One of them had worked as an art director/set designer for Fox in the 1960s. I think they did one or a few Ross Hunter films which is I guess why the sets of The Colbys just looked so much better, generally.
If only they'd brought in Bast and Huson to take over DYNASTY once (or even before) THE COLBYS folded, to save the parent series from The Pollocks.