• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Bloodline to end after season 3

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/bloodline-season-3-final-netflix-renewed-kyle-chandler-1201726637/

I'm currently nearing the end of season 2 and am really loving it. But I think 3 seasons sounds about right for this story, it always seemed like a premise that shouldn't be stretched out to long, so I'm not sad to hear next season will be the last one. It feels right.

In the old thread I had mentioned reading the RT reviews for season 2 which were nowhere near as good as for season 1, but I actually think season 2 is even better than 1. I'm totally gripped.

I love the characters too, especially Kevin and Meg. Kevin is so cute, he's like a little ewok, I just wanna cuddle him. I don't know if it's the actress maybe, but I just adore Meg.

Anyway, looking forward to reaching the end of season 2 and to season 3.

Zach

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree, 3 seasons sounds perfect and I am glad that they are not going to stretch it out. Thanks to Netflix for not cancelling shows but giving them a proper ending.

I think season 2 was almost as good as the first, I don't get the mixed reviews, either.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
My mum has raved about this show and I watched the pilot, but can't remember much about it. I'm thinking about trying it out again, more so because it's just going to be three seasons.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In the old thread I had mentioned reading the RT reviews for season 2 which were nowhere near as good as for season 1, but I actually think season 2 is even better than 1.

I finished the first season and I found it to be quite testing at times. It took a long time for me to feel anything for the characters and I had no idea where it was going. It was like this long slow build up with no end in sight.

Then, around three quarters into the season it changed, I finally grasped what Danny was doing. It started to make more sense to me and I now appreciate that build-up because the final 3 episodes had me gripped throughout.

I'm starting season 2 with so much more excitement, especially after the shock twist of Danny's son arriving.

Kevin is so cute, he's like a little ewok,

:laughs:

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
LV

Reaction score
I haven't watched Season 2 yet but it's in my list..I loved Season 1 but I am glad to hear that it's ending after Season 3. That is best for this type of storyline...I don't want it to turn into Rectify which went way off the course to keep it on longer than it should have...that should have wrapped up in Season 2...but they went ahead with it and of course it was canceled.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Then, around three quarters into the season it changed, I finally grasped what Danny was doing. It started to make more sense to me and I now appreciate that build-up because the final 3 episodes had me gripped throughout.

Yes, it really got a momentum near the end. The last few episodes were amazing. Danny is such a great villain, he really got under my skin. But I enjoyed hating him, and at the same time they managed to make me feel sorry for him. Although, like I said in the other thread, I would rather have not known the flash forward we were shown at the beginning of the series. I think the last few episodes would have had more impact had we not known and I don't really see what purpose it served telling the audience that.

I'm starting season 2 with so much more excitement, especially after the shock twist of Danny's son arriving.

Season 2 is great, the pacing is much better and its a bit more high octane than season one. Its also only 10 episodes instead of 13. The season finale really left we wanting more though! I think we have to wait till May. :(

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
But I enjoyed hating him, and at the same time they managed to make me feel sorry for him.
Yes, he's such a psycho with his facial expressions and how he doesn't let you know what he's thinking, yet at the same time I find myself feeling for the guy having to live as the black-sheep of the family.
I don't really see what purpose it served telling the audience that.
I hate that style, it's just awful. It happened with REVENGE & DAMAGES and like you I don't get it's purpose.

Season 2 is great, the pacing is much better and its a bit more high octane than season one.
It's already been stressing me out, with what Danny's son might know and then there's Lowry who has a tape from Danny. I'm loving that Danny is still haunting his brothers.

Zach

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I finished the first season and I found it to be quite testing at times. It took a long time for me to feel anything for the characters and I had no idea where it was going. It was like this long slow build up with no end in sight.
I can totally relate to that because I had the same feelings. It really builds up quite slowly, but the pay off is worth it and justifies for the slow pace of the first episodes. I think you will get into season two much faster (although it also builds up slowly, but you already know the characters and their story, so it's not as bad as the first season.

I hate that style, it's just awful. It happened with REVENGE & DAMAGES and like you I don't get it's purpose.
I hate that, too. It's been done a thousand times and it almost never enhanced the plot. It was great on the first season of Damages but after that it just got repetitive and seems like a useless gimmick (btw, the creators of Bloodline also did Damages).

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It really builds up quite slowly, but the pay off is worth it and justifies for the slow pace of the first episodes.

Yes, the pay-off is brilliant and I've pondered if I would watch it again to see how it builds up. I'm pretty sure i lost focus quite a few times in the first half of the season.

I watched it by myself, so the speed was pretty fast and I may suggest Wifey watches it and that way I get to see it with a different perspective.
I think you will get into season two much faster

Oh, I'm already invested in this season
(btw, the creators of Bloodline also did Damages).
No I didn't, but now I can see it.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Its also only 10 episodes instead of 13. The season finale really left we wanting more though!
What an ending that was?

I'm gutted I've finished it now, thankfully I don't have as long a wait, as you have had. lol

I have absolutely no idea where this is going to go. I had a sneaky (hopeful too) feeling that Kevin was going to hit him and then when it happened I was thinking, get out of there and take the bloody weapon with you.

It's hard to believe this is the same show that I was watching at the start on season one.

What a wonderful little gem it's turned out to be.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have absolutely no idea where this is going to go.

I have a feeling John is going to be blamed for it and wont have an alibi cause he was with O'Bannon when it all went down. It wouldnt surprise me if O'Bannon does a runner when he finds out what happened. He needs to be out of the picture somehow.

Not sure how spoilery we can be on this thread, but anyway, now that all three Rayburn sons have murdered someone maybe its Megs turn to murder someone next season! She could take out O'Bannon lol

I had a sneaky (hopeful too) feeling that Kevin was going to hit him and then when it happened I was thinking, get out of there and take the bloody weapon with you.

It was a shocking moment. I'm still not quite sure why he did it, it seemed to almost come out of nowhere. I know he had a lot of pent up emotion, I was just surprised it manifested itself like that!

Be interesting to see how Meg copes with all this. I also have a sneaking suspicion she might be pregnant next season.

What a wonderful little gem it's turned out to be.

Totally. I ended up really loving it. Season 3 can't come soon enough.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I have a feeling John is going to be blamed for it and wont have an alibi cause he was with O'Bannon when it all went down.

That woudl be an interesting twist, especially seeing how Kevin would deal with this.
Not sure how spoilery we can be on this thread,

I think it's fine to discuss what has happened already and if someone comes into the thread that hasn't caught up, they can either work around it, or start a new thread. It's not like we don't have the space lol