• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Bobby after Pam

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is another query similar to what I asked before so the answer is prob just bad writing and they didn't care anymore. But why did they not bring Lois Chiles back after Pam left? Was she not available? I'm sure viewers would've accepted Holly a lot more than April. And they changed his character from not accepting a girlfriend who slept with JR, to being ok with April, who had slept with his brother. So they could have just as easily had the same scenario with Holly. Another lost Dallas opportunity. Holly seemed more popular (and to me personally nicer, prettier and better actor) than April so why they not let bobby go out with holly once Pam had gone?

azDallas

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
that was so many years later. to me anyone after Pam didn't really work for the show because Pam was the whole conflict point bringing the Barnes and Ewings back together.

funny side point on Holly. just watched the 82-83 season. When Bobby first meets her he comments that she's 'awfully young' to run an oil company. look up Lois Chiles age, and no surprise she's older than Duffy. Boy was that knee jerk sexism by the writer's.

K

Karin Schill

Nah I'm glad they put Bobby together with April as I really enjoyed their romance. :)
Still I guess right after Pam left it would have made more sense to have him go back to Jenna, after all they did have a son together and that could have brought them back together.

southfork88

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dallas-318-S13xE11--Cally On A Hot Tin Roof--December 08, 1989 0118.jpg

Dallas-318-S13xE11--Cally On A Hot Tin Roof--December 08, 1989 0113.jpg

Key Lloyd and Bobby ... a very great couple.

Kay appears in a total of 13 episodes of the original Dallas TV series

Maryann

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Bobby was an ass and a lost soul after Pam, how else to explain him hooking up with these ugly women and marrying a pathetic one. I didn't like Holly she was a slut besides Bobby was not into her at all. I do not think he would've gone back to Jenna(bridge under water) and he fell out of love with her anyway.

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Why did Bobby have to be with anyone after Pam? I was happy to see him end up all alone at the end. The jerk deserved to be alone after not even trying to find Pam. The woman hopping storylines were ridiculous and repetitive. It was ironic how so many women on Dallas wasted their time trying to get Bobby, when at the end of the seasons, no one got him!

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
He became a whore-mongering lothario.....just like that no-good brother of his, banging women indiscriminately going from bed to bed as he does so.

Well he is a Ewing & the brother of JR.

The two of them obviously shared the same genes & they obviously got them from Jock as he had an affair with that nurse Margaret during the War & sired Ray Krebbs.

So it all runs in the family. ;) :)

Don Howard

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Well he is a Ewing & the brother of JR.
;) :)

Gary's no better. He and Val are happily ensconced in Knots Landing and the next thing you know he's dunking his sweet meet inside town harlot Abby Fairgate Cunningham. The look on his face when Val caught him at the end of the 1981-82 season was a beaut. Served the swine right.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
This is another query similar to what I asked before so the answer is prob just bad writing and they didn't care anymore. But why did they not bring Lois Chiles back after Pam left? Was she not available? I'm sure viewers would've accepted Holly a lot more than April. And they changed his character from not accepting a girlfriend who slept with JR, to being ok with April, who had slept with his brother. So they could have just as easily had the same scenario with Holly. Another lost Dallas opportunity. Holly seemed more popular (and to me personally nicer, prettier and better actor) than April so why they not let bobby go out with holly once Pam had gone?

What seriously?? Why would you want Bobby with Holly? She's a hateful bitch. Sorry for the harshness but come on - look what she did to Sue Ellen. I don't get this fascination with her. Someone who goes out of their way to wreck a marriage? April is much prettier, nicer and popular - a good heart, unlike Holly's black one. Yuck. JUST YUCK.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Well at least the Winger tramp didn't set her sights on Bobby, that was something! ;)

Oh she did. She told Pam that "it must have been hard to leave a man like that" when she was dating Cliff and met Bobby. But I´m sure that the thought of having a mud wrestle with Pam for Bobby´s affections made Mandy forget about it (maybe she was a tramp, but not blind).

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Oh she did. She told Pam that "it must have been hard to leave a man like that" when she was dating Cliff and met Bobby. But I´m sure that the thought of having a mud wrestle with Pam for Bobby´s affections made Mandy forget about it (maybe she was a tramp, but not blind).
I'm just glad she didn't. The last thing I wanted to see was another member of the ridiculously large Bobby Ewing Fan Club!

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Bobby's romances after Pam left a lot to be desired, throwing anything at him that had a pulse and little or no acting talent!

The worst pairing being the insipid and bland April aka SJW (still wonder what hold she had over Katzman!! say no more)
they had zero chemistry and in no way would Bobby have touched JRs dirty/sloppy cast offs like her in earlier years of Dallas
Oh i loved Paris!! End of insipid bland, blonde until brenda bland appeared
if Bobby had to end up with anyone, Id take Jenna 1st love (and so wrong with Ray!) or Holly who he did have chemistry with and they worked well together in S5/6

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once Victoria had announced she was leaving Dallas my own love affair with Dallas began to decline. I would on occasion drift in to check out what was happening with the Ewing family but I didn't seem to care as much so whether Bobby ended up with April or anyone else for that matter didn't bother me.