Both versions of the "Steven is gay" scene

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the episode "The miscarriage".
Hmm….maybe it would have been too much of a good thing to show the Angel Of Death scene almost right after the shooting itself.
It's like hanging a sign around Alexis' neck that reads: "I dunnit!" and then there wouldn't be time to have the shooting scene itself to resonate.

It would have been more effective to remind Krystle (and the viewer) after the dust had settled, preferably after season 2.
Just my opinion.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It would have been more effective to remind Krystle (and the viewer) after the dust had settled, preferably after season 2.
Just my opinion.

Mine as well. When I read season 3, I thought it a shame it was cut since it would have been nice to have Alexis' nasty deed reverberate that way (even better in season 4 or 5, when Krystle is pregnant again). But the same episode was too much too soon.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Steven dropping the vase would have besmirched the character and made him seem like a child throwing a tantrum....

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
In the season 6 finale Alexis threw one of her own vases to her penthouse floor just to make Dex and Ben stop fighting. :D

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the season 6 finale Alexis threw one of her own vases to her penthouse floor just to make Dex and Ben stop fighting. :D
Funny about that. From the time Alexis' penthouse appeared in fall of 1982, I thought those two giant clay pots by the steps ought to be black chinoiserie instead. It took until Season 6 for them to hear me, and they finally followed my psychic mental instructions. But then they had to replace it with the old grey clay pots once again for the fight so Alexis could throw them instead.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Funny about that. From the time Alexis' penthouse appeared in fall of 1982, I thought those two giant clay pots by the steps ought to be black chinoiserie instead. It took until Season 6 for them to hear me, and they finally followed my psychic mental instructions. But then they had to replace it with the old grey clay pots once again for the fight so Alexis could throw them instead.

Well I have looked at those vases in Alexis' penthouse before and often wondered what the deal was with those. Sometimes when I look at the plain vases you can see the outlines of the floral pattern underneath the "whitewashing" it's like the original floral vases have been painted over to make them white. Then later it's like they have been cleaned of the paint. It's very strange. They are the exact same shape.

It wouldn't surprise me if that were fact. The reason being that the vases were grabbing attention from Alexis' earrings or something.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Season 2, not 3. In the episode "The miscarriage". They just kept the part with Toscanni comforting Krystle.
The dream was replaced by a scene with Alexis phoning to the hospital to have some news about Krystle's condition.

In the same episode, they also reshot the scene at the pool with Claudia and Toscanni, for whatever reason. I guess the producers wanted Pamela Bellwood to wear a sexier swimsuit. Her bathroom was different in both versions (blue for the unseen version - but a promo picture was kept - and pink for the version we had).

And this my friends is DYNASTY. Reshooting an entire scene because the colour of a bath robe wasn't right. No wonder it was so bloody expensive to film.