Brenda Strong has supporting role on Supergirl now

Ferney

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Just a heads up, but Brenda Strong has a semi-continuous role on Supergirl now. She has been in several episodes and she is on tonight. She is Lex Luthor's mother and head of a criminal organization- does a great job, don't know how much longer she will be on it as she is real evil but probably she will be off and on for the rest of the season

She has done well for herself since Dallas.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Just a heads up, but Brenda Strong has a semi-continuous role on Supergirl now. She has been in several episodes and she is on tonight. She is Lex Luthor's mother and head of a criminal organization- does a great job, don't know how much longer she will be on it as she is real evil but probably she will be off and on for the rest of the season

She has done well for herself since Dallas.

I´m glad for her! It seems there will be an unofficial DH Reunion soon because Teri Hatcher (the ultimate Lois Lane!) has been cast as a megavillain too. I love it when they do this kind of things! :byebye:

Ferney

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
She also did an episode of Notorious last year, she's getting work. I have not seen anyone else from the show on anything I have watched.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
She also did an episode of Notorious last year, she's getting work. I have not seen anyone else from the show on anything I have watched.

Brenda has been in a few things, mostly playing the uber-ice queen type of role. I guess she must prefer these parts rather than the goody-goodies. Tha Rylands have been quite active, especially "Mama" Judith ("Transparent") and "Baby" Mitch Pileggi ("The X-Files"). At least these are the ones I have found in my recent watching...

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I've met Brenda she is so nice :)

Ferney

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Brenda has been in a few things, mostly playing the uber-ice queen type of role. I guess she must prefer these parts rather than the goody-goodies. Tha Rylands have been quite active, especially "Mama" Judith ("Transparent") and "Baby" Mitch Pileggi ("The X-Files"). At least these are the ones I have found in my recent watching...

Forgot about Judith- yeah, I watched the first two seasons of Transparent- obviously it's a big critical hit, I liked it alot. I thought the second season was better than the first, I watched the first episode of the third and I've been meaning to watch the rest of it. Judith is really good- although she can get a bit over-the-top, but I guess they need someone with that extra energy in the cast to sort of balance things out.

Boy, she really lucked out. And the cast and writing is amazing. Good for her.

Yes, Brenda was the ice-queen on the Notorious episode and she's like that on "Supergirl," it must be challenging to find roles because she's at that age where she is playing the "mother" but she does a great job on Supergirl. I mean, it's "Supergirl," it's very comic-y and not Shakespeare and it doesn't always make much sense, but I love the show and watch it every week. A show like that, you give it a bit of leeway to be ridiculous at times. It's dumb fun, but the actors are really good, and for the most part very attractive, it's entertaining without you having to think too hard.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, Brenda was the ice-queen on the Notorious episode and she's like that on "Supergirl,"
I think she's always been better at those "ice-queen" roles. Her Seinfeld episode is noteworthy, too. Even on Desperate Housewives she was a ghost who only interacted with the other characters in infrequent flashbacks.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Even on Desperate Housewives she was a ghost who only interacted with the other characters in infrequent flashbacks.
And she did almost exactly the same on EVERWOOD.
There's another, more extended promo, but maybe it has too many spoilers - just in case somebody here decides to watch it.
Everwood and Judging Amy were my favourite drama series from the 2000s.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A couple of weeks ago, I watched an old episode of "Rizzoli & Isles". In this episode ("I killed a girl") from 2010, Brenda Strong's character was married to this lady, who was murdered.

Even though you hadn't seen it coming, it turned out that it was in fact the wife (i.e. Brenda's character), who had her wife killed for money!

Brenda Strong did a great job playing a lesbian woman, who turned out to be the bad "guy"!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Brenda's done well.