• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Can they just end this now?

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fun fact : Xab, as you are french, you maybe remember also that Emma Samms' Fallon in France had 3 different voices :
- First apparence as a flashback : Emma/Fallon had Pamela Sue/Fallon french voice
- Then the following episode she had a new french voice
- and an other voice in the Colby's.

That was quite annoying.

Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A recast would have been much better imho. Especially as they're gonna recast anyway, as they said.
Such a strange plot to introduce and it only ruffled many feathers (viewers) anyway. It wasn't like Nicolette gave such short notice the producers had to fulfil the role of Alexis with Liz so they could continue to film planned scripted scenes. It would have been just as easy as leaving Alexis heavily bandaged and dropping in and out of consciousness. In fact a thoroughly good ending for Alexis in Season 2 would have been if Adam arrived at the hospital only to discover the room Alexis was staying in was empty. When Adam makes inquiries he is informed her son had arranged to take Alexis to a private clinic. Adam replies, "I am her son!" The doctor on duty tells Adam it was Steven. Which of course freaks the hell out of Adam. At least this way we have knowledge Steven is out there...in control.

Just a thought.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Everyone talks about wanting a Dynasty Prequel. Elizabeth Gillies could play Alexis! :lol:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Such a strange plot to introduce and it only ruffled many feathers (viewers) anyway. It wasn't like Nicolette gave such short notice the producers had to fulfil the role of Alexis with Liz so they could continue to film planned scripted scenes. It would have been just as easy as leaving Alexis heavily bandaged and dropping in and out of consciousness. In fact a thoroughly good ending for Alexis in Season 2 would have been if Adam arrived at the hospital only to discover the room Alexis was staying in was empty. When Adam makes inquiries he is informed her son had arranged to take Alexis to a private clinic. Adam replies, "I am her son!" The doctor on duty tells Adam it was Steven. Which of course freaks the hell out of Adam. At least this way we have knowledge Steven is out there...in control.

Just a thought.

Oooh, I like THAT! :D

E-JULIAN

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It would have been just as easy as leaving Alexis heavily bandaged and dropping in and out of consciousness. In fact a thoroughly good ending for Alexis in Season 2 would have been if Adam arrived at the hospital only to discover the room Alexis was staying in was empty. When Adam makes inquiries he is informed her son had arranged to take Alexis to a private clinic. Adam replies, "I am her son!" The doctor on duty tells Adam it was Steven. Which of course freaks the hell out of Adam. At least this way we have knowledge Steven is out there...in control.

Yes, with NuDynasty is always the same... The what ifs are better than any episode written by the "real writers". Kudos to you Rove, for this amazing plot and finale!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
From Netflix's UK & Ireland Twitter account:

The top ten most-watched ~series~ in the UK this week:

1. Dead to Me
2. Riverdale
3. Lucifer
4. Jane The Virgin
5. Dynasty
6. Line of Duty
7. Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments
8. The Society
9. Lunatics
10. Chambers

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1128632343865044992

So no, this won't be cancelled.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I posted a few times that NuDynasty was quite appreciated in France*, with good ratings from viewers. I'm sure that Dynasty, as a brand, lured many viewers worldwide. No big numbers for each country, I suppose. But worldwide, numbers - as a whole - are interesting for Netflix, I guess.

* Why do you think they shot one episode in Paris ? :D

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I am gobsmacked. To see Peach Dynasty ahead of Line of Duty

Well, that series was shown first on BBC, so I don't think the demand would have had the same impact on Netflix.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So no, this won't be cancelled.
Interesting results. Good to see Lucifer doing so well as this is my popcorn television. If Peach Dynasty continues to remain in the top 10 for Netflix I don't see this series going anywhere, anytime soon. The CW may cancel it due to very soft numbers but Netflix may pick it up just like they did with Lucifer.

Of course seeing Peach Dynasty doing so well on Netflix makes me sad that Dallas is not part of their library, and this includes Lorimar Dallas and the reunion movies. I bet those tight arse (excuse my French) Warner Bros executives have something to do with this. Why are they so incessant on keeping Dallas in the vault....collecting dust :mad:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why are they so incessant on keeping Dallas in the vault....collecting dust
And why is netflix removing old seasons of American Horror Story instead of adding the new ones?
Where's that new soap saga starring Kevin Costner? Where is Castle Rock and The Terror?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I see the funny in this but only an English actress will do if ever a Dynasty prequel was in the works. A shame really because if any series screams sequel it's Dynasty.

Hang on, I just thought of something... since Liz Gillies can imitate Nicolette Sheridan's voice... what if she can do the same with Joan Collins' voice?! If she can, my vote still goes for her playing Young Alexis. :lol:

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The news is a few days old but: The Netflix-CW deal comes to an end. They write everywhere it doesn't change anything for our "beloved" Peach Dynasty:

Netflix’s agreement with The CW’s parent companies, Warner Bros. and CBS, ensured that CW series like Riverdale, Supernatural, The Flash, and Arrow automatically ended up on Netflix after a season’s initial run on network television. The deal was first signed in 2011 and re-upped in 2016, but the network doesn’t plan to renew it when the contract expires this spring (...)

Still, many beloved CW series will remain on Netflix, according to the company. Netflix will continue to receive new seasons of shows that are already on the streaming service, like Riverdale, Flash, and Dynasty. Additionally, any CW shows that premiered through this most recent 2018 / 2019 season will remain on Netflix throughout their lifetime, meaning nothing is going to leave the service either.

Interestingly the German media websites who refer to the news mention only Riverdale and Dynasty as the "popular" CW-Netflix series in their reports. Yes, they seem to like Dynasty on Netflix in France, Germany and many other countries. But does it stop CW now from cancelling it? No, I think the stakes will be much higher for Season 3 to get renewed.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interestingly the German media websites who refer to the news mention only Riverdale and Dynasty as the "popular" CW-Netflix series in their reports. Yes, they seem to like Dynasty on Netflix in France, Germany and many other countries. But does it stop CW now from cancelling it? No, I think the stakes will be much higher for Season 3 to get renewed.

The main change is that new shows this upcoming season needs to individually negotiate potential deals, which is why The CW ended up renewing everything on their slate except for the three veterans ending (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and iZombie).

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If CW cancels Dynasty, I think/hope Netflix would love to do more seasons, like they did for Lucifer. Especially as I'm sure that the production cost of Dynasty if far from being at Sense 8 levels (may the show rest in peace)

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I saw the promo for the season 2 finale. Oh my god. It's so shocking (NOT!) ! My bet, the show loses more viewers.

RULE:

It's a freaking soap opera drama! Especially with a finale you need to see more! More shocking events. More big stuff happening. This is just Liam and Fallon in a boat. WOW. How shocking. I really wanna tune in! They need to do better than this. Especially since it's the season finale. This is most likely the first glimpse at it and it aired after the 2nd last episode, am I not mistaken? How dumb.

Someone who is just watching the show for a first time or that has gotten hooked on it, they won't really care for that promo. There was really nothing in that promo that made it seem like a season finale. Nothing. Last season's was bigger, I think. it was funner. It had shock value and it got the viewer hooked. I'd have to look it up online to see if it was better. I'm sure it was. These promos they are doing are very short. They don't tell enough and they aren't exciting.

You guys remember Titans? That show ruined everything by giving away the endings in a few of the promos of each episode. That's not what to do. But this show could at least be promoted a little better. Especially for as season finale.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
So Liam and Fallon are on a boat in the finale? I bet there will be some kind of "accident" then and Liam goes overboard. But was it really an accident? :rolleyes: