Celebrity Big Brother 2018: Year of the Woman

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I’m glad for Shane that he Ann and Amanda called a truce. He has to live in there with these people and he must feel worn out. Ann contradicts herself with “all I care about is if someone is kind, it’s the person that matters”

Anyway, at least the three of them were willing to build bridges to get through the final week, even if Amanda was immediately bitching behind Shane J’s back with Wayne when walking in the garden. Its a shame, because I like Amanda, but her blind loyalty to Ann has put me off her.

The main shock of the nominations for me was Wayne nominating Ann. I’d prefer it if all the house was up. Wayne and Jess are both in the final and Jess has not once been nominated all series. It reinforces that the way to get to the final is to get all the HM’s to like you, in Jess’s instance she did this by playing the baby of the house. I can’t condemn her for doing this as It’s a good game plan, but this attitude contributes nothing to the entertainment value.

I noticed Ashley didn’t mention Genuwine when she was blubbering about her highlights of being on BB, maybe its over already. Although it was kind of her to check on Shane J after the rating task. That task of rating the HM’s seemed to go forever and I didn’t see the point of it if they didn’t have the viewers opinion at the end of each question.

For all my grumbling this last couple of days I loved the ending of last night’s show seeing the HM’s have fun together in the hot tub, even Ann let her hair down and joined in, it reminded me that it’s all a game. One last grumble though, where was Shane L? does he ever join in with anything?

Everyone but Malika nominates Shane J because of his conflicts with Ann?
Even Shane L nominated Shane J because of Ann, all of them are protective of her.
Since the start of the series I've been baffled by the power Ann has over the HM's and why these grown adults have all been desperate to please her.

Let's face it, Ann has manipulated most of them, after all, she is a politician and it's what she's good at.
She's an expert at it. I wish I knew how its done it could come in handy :lol:

At least with a triple eviction, we get a chance at Shane L and Ashley leaving.
Yes, and I also think Malika is in danger.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Everyone but Malika nominates Shane J because of his conflicts with Ann? Didn't see that coming, nor did I see them going for Malika too.

Let's face it, Ann has manipulated most of them, after all, she is a politician and it's what she's good at.

At least with a triple eviction, we get a chance at Shane L and Ashley leaving. Though it would be perfect if Ann went.

I felt sorry for Shane J yesterday. The show seemed to be edited as a Party Political Broadcast for the Ann Widdecombe Party and the Anti-Shane J Brigade. Even when Shane gave a totally gracious (an in my view, unnecessary) apology to Ann, she showed absolutely no contrition herself for some of the appalling comments she made in the house and the whole thing came across as if Shane was the only one in the wrong and Ann was shown as if she was in line for the Pope to make her a saint.

So many of the housemates turned on Shane J because he is one of the few that isn't scared of Ann and willing to challenge her vile opinions. When people say stuff like "I don't agree with Ann but I respect her convictions" I say they should be disappointed in themselves for not challenging her bigotry when they see it and I could never respect homophobia no matter how strong are someone's convictions.

Even when Wayne and Jess played that game lining up the housemates according to their opinions of them, I felt they were unfair to Shane J, frequently placing him unfairly in the most unfavourable position. To say Ann is honest and Shane J isn't is laughable and just exemplifies the vice-like control she has over her fellow housemates.

However, I think Shane J is safe in the triple eviction but I fear the consistently wonderful Malika will be voted out which will be a shame, not least because it will leave Shane even more isolated in the house full of Widdicombe handmaids, apologists and sycophants.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm glad for Shane that he Ann and Amanda called a truce. He has to live in there with these people and he must feel worn out. Ann contradicts herself with “all I care about is if someone is kind, it’s the person that matters”

It's a shame it came across as Shane J having to completely accept all responsibility for the fall out and Ann and Amanda were completely exonerated.

Anyway, at least the three of them were willing to build bridges to get through the final week, even if Amanda was immediately bitching behind Shane J’s back with Wayne when walking in the garden. Its a shame, because I like Amanda, but her blind loyalty to Ann has put me off her.

I've completely gone off Amanda, it's like she thinks she is Ann's handmaid: defending Ann and then subserviently reporting back to her to get a pat on her back.

Wayne and Jess are both in the final and Jess has not once been nominated all series. It reinforces that the way to get to the final is to get all the HM’s to like you, in Jess’s instance she did this by playing the baby of the house. I can’t condemn her for doing this as It’s a good game plan, but this attitude contributes nothing to the entertainment value.

Jess is totally anonymous to me, I can't remember a single thing of significance she has done or said in the house. I think I've noticed the Listerine product placements more than I've noticed her.

For all my grumbling this last couple of days I loved the ending of last night’s show seeing the HM’s have fun together in the hot tub, even Ann let her hair down and joined in, it reminded me that it’s all a game. One last grumble though, where was Shane L? does he ever join in with anything?

Another attempt to portray her as Saint Widdecombe. She can't be a wicked bigot because she just got in the hot tub wearing a burkini to show she has a fun side. Ann isn't just trying to manipulate the housemates, she is also trying to manipulate the viewers. That said, it was nice for the show to end on a fun upbeat event.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm glad for Shane that he Ann and Amanda called a truce.

I loved the ending of last night’s show seeing the HM’s have fun together in the hot tub,

I'm struggling with the show and I couldn't enjoy the ending with them in the pool because of Ann and how she has everyone bowing at her feet. I hated the fact Shane J went and apologised because he wasn't in the wrong.

Amanda was immediately bitching behind Shane J’s back with Wayne when walking in the garden
Again, I just felt so much anger towards Amanda who had been preaching that she doesn't talk about people behind their backs. I would love BB to show the scene where she mentions not bitching about someone and then follow that scene where she is high fiving Ann over her argument with Shane and also throw in her discussing Shane with Wayne behind Shayne's back.

Yes, and I also think Malika is in danger.
Malika will be voted out
I'm very sure that Malika will be gone tonight and that saddens me because she too has been vocal about Ann and it honestly feels like this series is building up to an Ann Widdecombe win. I hate it, absolutely hate that she has a chance of winning.

One of the many things I've always loved about our BB is how we embrace diversity, and how much they have done for the LGBT community.

where was Shane L? does he ever join in with anything?
I'm also feeling bitter that this person (who appeared fine at the beginning), is also bowing down to Ann, other than that I see nothing from him and I wondered to myself how Stephen Gately might have thought about Shane and his friendship with a homophobe.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I feel better - there is a glimpse of hope.

Celebrity Big Brother bosses sending evictees BACK into the house to shake things up before the final

CELEBRITY Big Brother bosses will send in evicted housemates to stir things up one last time before Friday night's finale.

With some of the major personalities in the series having left the house, producers are reportedly worried the excitement levels will drop in the last few days.

They're turning to the likes of transgender newsreader India Willoughby, comedian Daniel O'Reilly, The Apprentice's Andrew Brady and journalist Rachel Johnson to inject some fresh energy into the house

"They will have all been watching from home and they will be able to blab about who's been bitching about who, which celebrities the viewers like and which ones they hate and basically stir the pot."

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Thank heavens Amanda has gone, now who will Wayne turn to - Shane J I bet.

I loved the girl power task, apart from miserable bitch who won't follow the basic rules of BB. I thought Malika & Shane J were fab singers and Wayne along with Shane L did make me chuckle.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was so disappointed that Malika left but there was a slight consolation with Amanda going. I'm sad that the public would vote for a bigoted homophobic, anti-feminist right-wing zealot over the intelligent, funny multi-talented Malika.

In the exit interview, Ashley used that line about respecting the conviction with which Ann holds her homophobic opinions. If she respects those opinions she isn't much better than Ann.

Why did Emma allow Ashley to spend most of the interview doing Ann's PR? She should have asked Malika for her opinion for balance but it seems that the producers as continuing to bend over backwards to promote Ann as the eventual winner.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was so disappointed that Malika left but there was a slight consolation with Amanda going.
That's how I looked at it too.

Ashley used that line about respecting the conviction with which Ann holds her homophobic opinions.
Once again I found myself full of anger by the way Ashley was speaking of Ann, I wanted Emma to ask Ashley what she thought of Hitler and his convictions on life and humanity.

She should have asked Malika for her opinion for balance
I felt Malika's interview was short and didn't fully represent her time in the house.

it seems that the producers as continuing to bend over backwards to promote Ann as the eventual winner.

Absolutely! There was never a problem with confronting Andrew and his crude remarks towards Ann (again, painting Ann in a good light). Everything really does feel like BB want their controversial winner regardless.

I'm really disappointed with how it's all going and yet I feel the producers (despite the Ann show) have worked hard on tasks and topics for everyone to discuss.

I'm glad they showed the clip with Andrew explaining to Shane how young people will view the likes of Ann.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Last night’s show was slow so I can understand why they’re throwing the evicted HM’s back in.

Usually I enjoy slushy sentimental things and yet, I found the speeches at breakfast total cringe, I couldn’t wait for them to be over.

I think we saw more of Jess in the HL's than we have all series. I have noticed that the way Jess speaks sometimes changes – she had lengthy chats with Malika, Shane L and Shane J and she dropped the babyish voice she uses with Ann and Amanda.

The debate was interesting in parts and it again showed Amanda’s eye rolling venom towards Shane J (it was when he answered the sex on TV question) little did Amanda realise that it was her darling Jess who she was upsetting with her outburst. I’m glad Amanda’s not in the final.

I wish Jess could’ve spoken up honestly in the debate. It was very telling that it was Shane J who she trusted enough to confess to about having sex on TV and not the two best friends she’s stayed close to all series. I knew nothing about Jess prior to BB, but I guess it might’ve been be all over social media at the time?

As for Jess, she obviously regrets it.

I'm glad they showed the clip with Andrew explaining to Shane how young people will view the likes of Ann.
I'm glad they showed that too. Wayne was all over the place in that conversation and couldn’t cope – “ er yes, no, oh yes “ – maybe he was drunk? but for some reason he couldn’t form an opinion .

If the unthinkable happens and Ann wins then what a terribly sad reflection this will be on BB.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Usually I enjoy slushy sentimental things and yet, I found the speeches at breakfast total cringe, I couldn’t wait for them to be over.
Yes, I felt the same and it also came across too polished.

I wish Jess could’ve spoken up honestly in the debate.
It's very telling that she couldn't speak the truth. Just how much power is Anna & Amanda holding over the younger ones and then we get Shane J who challenges them in a sensible manner, yet gets called for as trying to stir the pot, not forgetting how Jess voted Shane J as the least honest in there.

Woah!! That should have read "Shane J explaining to Wayne" :lol:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking, if someone adds all the clips together that involved India, it would be longer than all the clips we've had with Shane L and she was out first!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What a world of difference it was to see the ex-housemates back, so much fun was had throughout the highlights that it makes me sad it will all be over tomorrow. Andrew setting Courtney off on a secret mission was brilliantly played and watching him pull faces behind some of their backs was hilarious. Oh, how I wish India had stayed on, she's another one who wouldn't jump at Ann's feet.

It made me realise that BB needs to keep as many housemates in the house until the last ten days and then do a couple of triple evictions. It's such a drag when it's down to only a few housemates in the final weeks, even worse when it carries the boring housemates.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The HM’s did have a treat waking up to those dreamboys, although they gave me a horrible flashback to Lotan.

Andrew setting Courtney off on a secret mission was brilliantly played
The way Andrew appeared was very clever and funny, Courtney coasted through her secret tasks with ease and I did laugh when she ended up on the bed with Wayne atop of her. Even getting Ann to try one of Courtney's wigs was easy.
Andrew and Courtney/Shane J seem genuinely close and I was happy for Courtney when Andrew said “You’re the most amazing thing I’ve met in years”

I could have done without another snippet of the showmance. I found it strange that Ashley and Ginuwine have already had a chance over the last couple of days to talk, but left it until they returned to the house to discuss how Ginuwines daughter feels about Ashley.

how I wish India had stayed on, she's another one who wouldn't jump at Ann's feet.
I always find it weird thinking back to my opinions of the earlier weeks. I was desperate for India to be evicted, how wrong was ? , at least she stirred things up and made an impact. I did think on India's return she let her mouth run away with her. She was confusing Courtney by giving her unneeded advice.

During Ann and India's little spat Ann said - "if you can take offence you'll always take offence" - this from the woman who is perpetually offended.

Also, despite her dreadful rapping I'd have liked Rachel to have stayed too. I only noticed Johnny had returned when he stood up to make a toast.

Did anyone else recognise the song the HM’s were dancing to? It was the highlight of the HL’s ...
Freedom - George Michael :D

Btw:- I didn’t realise Ann does panto. She seems to be into everything and anything.

Here’s to a tense show tonight and if the result goes wrong I will be blazing!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
a horrible flashback to Lotan.
:omg:

The way Andrew appeared was very clever and funny,
It was a brilliant idea to use the wall of fame and will go down as one of my favourite moments of the series.

I could have done without another snippet of the showmance. I found it strange that Ashley and Ginuwine have already had a chance over the last couple of days to talk, but left it until they returned to the house to discuss how Ginuwines daughter feels about Ashley.
TBH, I zoned out, so I have no idea what they were discussing

I always find it weird thinking back to my opinions of the earlier weeks. I was desperate for India to be evicted, how wrong was ? , at least she stirred things up and made an impact. I did think on India's return she let her mouth run away with her. She was confusing Courtney by giving her unneeded advice.
Agreed. I found India far too 'in ya face' that first week, but I was pleasantly surprised by her eviction and how she admits she went too far and the wrong way about it. I would have loved her to be in the final, just to anger Ann.

During Ann and India's little spat Ann said - "if you can take offence you'll always take offence" - this from the woman who is perpetually offended.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I only noticed Johnny had returned when he stood up to make a toast.
I gotta say I didn't notice him and when I did I was wondering who it was. Then I remembered

Did anyone else recognise the song the HM’s were dancing to? It was the highlight of the HL’s ...
Freedom - George Michael
Damn, I missed that.

Btw:- I didn’t realise Ann does panto. She seems to be into everything and anything.
Oh hell, there's more to her than I want to know.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I refuse to type Ann in first place
So do I.

This is my prediction...

5. Wayne
4. Jess
3. Shane L
2. Ann
1. Courtney / Shane

and I've just checked and its exactly the same list as yours @Ome ... how very boring of me :D

This is how I want it to go...

5. Ann
1. Courtney / Shane

the empty spaces are because I feel indifferent about Wayne, Shane L and Jess and I can't get excited about their placings.

Edit:- I wonder what Rylan's opinion of Ann is? We've not watched BBBOTS this series.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here's how I think it would go

5th - Wayne
4th - Jess
3rd - Shane L
2nd - Ann
1st - Shane/Courtney

I agree with this prediction.

However, this is how I would like it to go:

5. Homophobe anti-feminist bigot
4. Shane L
3. Jess
2. Wayne
1. Shane/Courtney

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
How I would have liked it to have gone including all the housemates.

5. Maggie
4. Rachel
3. Andrew
2. Malika
1. Shane J/Courtney

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think there has been a more tense finale than what we have tonight, the real Star Wars of Light versus Dark.