Celine Dion Fan Thread. If you dont like her you shouldn't really come here. Simple.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just bought Ashes on iTunes. Love it... Now give me an album this good. Like, Now!

I also longing for her new album @Alexis, and if her new album is really going to be good like "Ashes", then i just got a feeling it's going to be a great album. ;)

LV

Reaction score
Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I really love how she sounds on Ashes. That dryness that was present in her voice on the Loved Me Back To Life album is apparently gone. I mean it doesn't sound like her perfect smooth '90s albums but that's just not a popular sound now. I do love the strength though that is herd on Ashes. It sounds like proper Celine. I mean, it's really good. So cruel to release this and make us wait ages on the new album. lol

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So cruel to release this and make us wait ages on the new album. lol

Oh I hope not :eek:, because then i'll have to forse :slap: Celine to record the album right now, en give me the first copy of her new album. :spinning:

waiting and having patience is the hardest thing there is for fans. :NI:

Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

Oh I love the new song. :)

Too bad that my itunes still won't cooperate with me. I tried to download it yesterday but it didn't work. :(
I need to solve that stupid computer bug.

I spent 2 hours in customer support in march when I wanted to download another album but without solving the problem. :wait:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh I love the new song. :)

Too bad that my itunes still won't cooperate with me. I tried to download it yesterday but it didn't work. :(
I need to solve that stupid computer bug.

I spent 2 hours in customer support in march when I wanted to download another album but without solving the problem. :wait:
Get it from Amazon?

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for the suggestion. But that still doesn't solve my itunes problem. I think the other album I want is not on Amazon.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It sounds like proper Celine. I mean, it's really good.
I very rarely pay much attention to Celine's music, unless it becomes a hit, but I thought I would check this out last week and I've been playing it a few times. I'm really enjoying, however, I'm totally shocked that it barely scraped any success landing in at number 97 this week. Here's hoping the movie keeps it alive.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I very rarely pay much attention to Celine's music, unless it becomes a hit, but I thought I would check this out last week and I've been playing it a few times. I'm really enjoying, however, I'm totally shocked that it barely scraped any success landing in at number 97 this week. Here's hoping the movie keeps it alive.

I was already wondering if Celine would made the charts again, i also hope the song will rank much higher now the movie "Deadpool 2" is coming out. ;)

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I mean, I never expected it to chart well. The people who Stream aren't really the people who listen to Celine. The video went viral in a day and did pretty well on YouTube views. That's still some buzz and keeping her out there. People in that age bracket, especially women are not going to chart that high. Look at Kylie too, of a similar age, a string of hits behind her and also a legend of pop but she's never going to chart high again. The music business is just very different now.

Cher was so very lucky the chart system was what it was when she released Believe at 50.

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for sharing those videos. :)

I ended up signing into itunes on my mom's laptop, bought the songs I wanted and transferred them to my phone. :danc:
Not that it solved my itunes problem so I bet I still be annoyed the next time I find something I wanna buy but at least it saved me the two hours of customer support that I don't have time for. So problem solved for now! :lol:

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, I never expected it to chart well. The people who Stream aren't really the people who listen to Celine. The video went viral in a day and did pretty well on YouTube views. That's still some buzz and keeping her out there. People in that age bracket, especially women are not going to chart that high. Look at Kylie too, of a similar age, a string of hits behind her and also a legend of pop but she's never going to chart high again. The music business is just very different now.

Cher was so very lucky the chart system was what it was when she released Believe at 50.

I just saw on wikipedia that "Ashes" has reached the top 40 list in some European countries, and in Canada even #1 ;), i don't know how reliable Wikipedia is.

You right @Alexis , Cher did indeed got lucky to reinvented her music career in 1998 with her success album "Believe", but Barbra Streisand also had some great success in 1996 with her song "I Finally Found Someone" a duet with Bryan Adams, it was Streisand's first big success single in 10 years, and she also got another great smash hit "Tell Him" with Celine Dion in 1997.