Celine Dion Fan Thread. If you dont like her you shouldn't really come here. Simple.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Meanwhile.... How I feel waiting for July 29th.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-12_21-7-55.png
    upload_2017-7-12_21-7-55.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 106
K

Karin Schill

Very true Steven. We were lucky that we got to go to Celine's concerts. :)
Also I didn't take photos with my phone but with my compact camera.

Alexis, I can't wait to read about your concert experience after July 29th! :)

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Very true Steven. We were lucky that we got to go to Celine's concerts. :)
Also I didn't take photos with my phone but with my compact camera.

Alexis, I can't wait to read about your concert experience after July 29th! :)

Ok, thanks, next time i will take my camera also with me, i don't like pictures from phones really.

Too bad I had not thought about it before, I was afraid I could not take a camera with me. :)

K

Karin Schill

I got an e-mail from the venue before the concert where they informed you of stuff that was good to know before the concert. One of the things it said was that phones and compact cameras were allowed. ;)

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Céline Dion Takes Paris in the Best Couture Looks of the Season, for the magazine Vogue. I can see she has so much fun with this fotoshoot.
I can see that Celine enjoys her photo shootings, Celine is not just a music icon but also a fashion icon.

K

Karin Schill

I hope you'll have an awesome time at the concert Alexis. I look forward to hear/read about it. :)

I have no clue who that man is with Celine. I think Rene was the love of her life and I think it might be too soon for her to find love again. But if she has in deed found someone new to love I am happy for her. She is still relatively young and she deserves to be happy.

K

Karin Schill

@Alexis how was the concert?

We're eagerly waiting to hear from you. I hope it was everything you had dreamt it would be. :)

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
@Alexis how was the concert?

We're eagerly waiting to hear from you. I hope it was everything you had dreamt it would be. :)
Well lets put it this way, the concert was one of the best experiences of my entire life. It was actually absolutely perfect, but at the same time kind of sad because I just want to relive the experience over and over and I know I cant.
I spent a very long time travelling, like 30 minutes to the airport, then the flight was delayed 30 minutes. Then when we got out of Gatwick we had to get an uber cab from there to Canary Wharf to our apartment. We were in the cab at like 7.45 and I was very nervous that we wouldn't make it. When we got to the apartment my friends who had come up before us from Mansfield had our drinks poured. We had a very quick change of clothes and freshen up as we were all heading out after the concert. Then we got another cab to the 02. We made it in at like 8.55pm. There was an announcement that the show would start in 5 minutes. We got in just in time! We found our seats and two friends went to get us all drinks. They arrived back just as the intro to The Power of Love was coming on. We made it there just in time!

I was kind of in shock at seeing Celine. I sat there dazed... Her voice was just incredible. I had thought maybe I would think she sounded tired or her voice wasn't what it once was. I needn't have worried, she sounded on top form. Such strength! Some of the highlights for me were That's The Way It Is, which has always been a favourite of mine. It's anthemic to me. It's always been an inspirational song, and Celine hasn't performed that much through the years. I am so glad she dusted it off for this tour. It was a glorious experience hearing it. Also the songs from Falling Into You were incredible. It's All Coming Back, was epic, Because You loved Me and All By Myself too. It was a bit too much to take in. Those songs are favourites and that album is probably my favourite album so it was a dream to hear them. Think Twice was also a dream come true.

The Love Is All We Need/Refuse To Dance medley was fantastic. Two rare favourites that I am so glad I got to hear live. Le Ballet blew me away, that dance routine, in that lace bodysuit. Her body was incredible, better than women half her age! I cant believe she's like 50! I also really loved her look for the show. She seemed to be paying tribute to her hair from 1996 with the blonde buffaunt bob. She wore the glitzy power blazer and she had a corded mic! It was all a Celine show should have had. Just perfect!

I didn't take any pictures, I didn't want to miss anything or take my eyes off her. My friends did though so I will copy some and pop them in the thread.

In short Celine was just the best. My favourite singer did not disappoint. In fact she delivered more than I could have imagined. It was an almost religious experience for me. My friends kept asking if I was ok. lol I was in heaven. :)

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi @Alexis, thank you for your amazing story about your Celine's experience, I recognize your comment that you do not want to take pictures yourself, because you can miss a lot during a concert. :cool:

Unfortunately, Celine did not sing the beautiful French ballet "Le Ballet" in the Netherlands, one of my favorite Celine songs, but very nice to know that Celine changed her setlist during her tour.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. Celine Dion is the best she knows what fans wants to hear, and that's why she will always will be the greatest star. ;)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
the concert was one of the best experiences of my entire life.

That was a fantastic read Alexis.
but at the same time kind of sad

I felt pretty much how you did when I saw Tears for Fears at Hyde park a few weeks ago. I spent the following days feeling very down and was hooked on YT watching everyone's videos who captured some of their performance.

K

Karin Schill

I'm really happy to hear that you had such a perfect concert experience @Alexis. :)

Thanks for sharing and I agree that Celine doesn't look like she's almost 50, her voice is amazing and it sounds to me like you got to the concert just in time. :danc: