• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Days of Our Lives Chandler Massey returning to Days in September

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I couldn't be more thrilled. I had been secretly hoping that Sami's return might have something to do with Will returning since there have been rumors of Massey returning for a while. Also, knowing how Carlivati doesn't flinch at bringing people back from the dead gave me some hope.

http://www.towleroad.com/2017/05/chandler-massey-days/

So what if we saw the life strangled out of Will with a necktie by the town serial killer and watched him take his last breath of air on screen? We also saw Hope "die" while locked in a cage, suspended over a vat of acid, Roman "die" in his brother's arms after tumbling off a cliff, Marlena "die" when her plane crashed into the ocean, Steve "dead" in a coffin . . . And then there was the time "Marlena" "murdered" half of Salem . . .

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When I read that headline on tvline, my first thought was "Oh, that wacky Ron..." It's a bold move, obviously, but he has always erred on the side of "crowd-pleasing" plot twists rather than playing it safe. Will's resurrection couldn't possibly be as convoluted as the "Two Todds" story he wrote on One Life! If they wanted to do a 'fan service' plot to generate buzz, this is definitely a good move. This is Ron C we're talking about, so don't rule out a really cheeky explanation--maybe a trip to Aremid (it's DiMera spelled backwards, y'know :hide:) or some time in Melaswen.:p

At least they have the decency to bring Sweeney back as part of the resurrection (or at least to acknowledge it), because her absence would be more bothersome to me than the whole "we saw him die onscreen" thing. The key to making these preposterous stories like these "work" is wringing every emotional beat out of it. It affects the viewer so emotionally that they can overlook the unlikely scenario that allowed it to occur. Having him come back and only mention an off-screen "phone call reunion" with his mom would be bad soap.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This is Ron C we're talking about, so don't rule out a really cheeky explanation--maybe a trip to Aremid (it's DiMera spelled backwards, y'know :hide:) or some time in Melaswen.

Oh, please no more backwards spelling of any kind. :D . The "simplest" explanation would be that the Will that Guy Wilson played was an impostor the whole time, planted by Stefano or Andre. That would invalidate the Sonny/Will wedding and they could do a real wedding with Chandler Massey, as it should have been--before the show decided to expedite Massey's recasting and exit and held off on the wedding until just after Massey had left, because they were annoyed with him for announcing he was leaving at the Emmys. Of course, before the wedding, they'll have to dispose of poor Paul--but seeing as how the writers haven't really invested much in Sonny/Paul, it won't be that difficult.

At least they have the decency to bring Sweeney back as part of the resurrection (or at least to acknowledge it), because her absence would be more bothersome to me than the whole "we saw him die onscreen" thing. The key to making these preposterous stories like these "work" is wringing every emotional beat out of it. It affects the viewer so emotionally that they can overlook the unlikely scenario that allowed it to occur. Having him come back and only mention an off-screen "phone call reunion" with his mom would be bad soap.

It would have been hugely disappointing not to have Sami back. Her grief after Will died was some of the best acting Sweeney has done. I'm not surprised she agreed to come back to usher Will back in. She returned for his funeral and she has been vocal about her displeasure with the decision to kill off Will in the first place.

I'm wondering who else Ron may decide to resurrect. I'm guessing EJ and Jack are at the top of a lot of people's lists. I loved the dynamic between Massey's Will and EJ, but I don't see much point in bringing EJ back without Sami around long term.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ron does love his back-from-the-dead stories, almost as much as baby-switching plots. With an occasional "life-like, latex-masked impostor" tossed in. Oh, dear....I'm not selling this very well am I? ;)

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Basically he left to try and make it, discovered that he was fairly mediocre, comes back and...???

Anyway, Will is a legacy character but there really was no ifs and buts about his death. It was pretty clean cut. Well, explain it away show!