• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Changes to your forums

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This weekend will see big changes to our forums.

After months of searching for a better, cheaper host we finally found one and this weekend we will be moving across. The forums will also be upgraded to the latest version of xenforo and will look very different from what we currently have. There may be some new features and possibly a loss of other features. It will also be more basic, but we hope to put our own stamp on the way it looks.

We will also be having a name change - from Soap Chat to Telly Addicts.

As many of you know, the forums are not free and are paid for by a couple of members, the changes that are happening are there to ease the pressure on the cost as well as to stop all the downtime we have suffered this year.

After the changes and we settle into our new home, we would appreciate any financial help you could offer by way of donations.

There may be some downtime this weekend.
There may be some niggles as we move across.

Please be patient with us and hopefully, everyone will enjoy the new look.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Soap Chat to Telly Addicts? This really is the end of an era.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Soap Chat to Telly Addicts? This really is the end of an era.

Hi Frank, remember we used to be Ultimate Dallas before Soap Chat - so this is just another change and hopefully the beginning of something refreshing and new for us.

The name change came about because it was easier to do it this way and we believe changing the word 'Soap' to 'Telly' may open up the forums and breathe new life into them. We hope to attract many new members.

The word 'Soap' in itself may have put some people off visiting or joining, if all they thought we discussed were soaps.

:)

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi Frank, remember we used to be Ultimate Dallas before Soap Chat - so this is just another change and hopefully the beginning of something refreshing and new for us.

The name change came about because it was easier to do it this way and we believe changing the word 'Soap' to 'Telly' may open up the forums and breathe new life into them. We hope to attract many new members.

The word 'Soap' in itself may have put some people off visiting or joining, if all they thought we discussed were soaps.

:)
You have a point. I remember when it was Ultimate Dallas, and the Oil Barons Club too. I think the Soap Chat name has been around the longest, though.

It's just a name at the end of the day, but the change does make me a bit nostalgic. I still can't believe I've been here 21 years (I used to go by Sid Fairgate.)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The owner asked me how the community would be with a name change and I said they survived the crash of 2016, and those who are still with us can survive anything.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wish the administration and moderation team good luck with the big move (I'm sure moderator @Daniel Avery is going to say that he's not feeling fit enough to lift the heavy stuff, but he's just faking it, the cheek) and I hope that, For All The Right Reasons, we'll end up

Hasta sa valas, babies!

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I wish the administration and moderation team good luck with the big move (I'm sure moderator @Daniel Avery is going to say that he's not feeling fit enough to lift the heavy stuff, but he's just faking it, the cheek)

So far so good, Willie. We're working as a team and reaping the benefits.

Daniel is doing the heavy lifting. I'm helping:

While Ome and Sarah are making our new home spick and span in readiness:

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sounds good Ome! Personally I prefer the name Soap Chat. How and ever 2020 sounds like it will be quite a year, for various different reasons. All the best to members and mods with the new forum. I wish it continued success.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Can someone help me carry these (life size) JR and Sue Ellen statues please?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Daniel is doing the heavy lifting. I'm helping
Oooh, be careful with the The Colbys forum.

It's very precious and delicate.

While Ome and Sarah are making our new home spick and span in readiness
A British-Irish collaboration? Is Telly Addicts writing history here?

Yes, that Mandy Winger picture looks very lovely in the hallway:), like a place to call home.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Can someone help me carry these (life size) JR and Sue Ellen statues please?

Statues?! I thought they were two lazy-but-glamorous mods. That explains the inappropriate smiling.

We've arranged transport by air.

It's not a local firm.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs

A British-Irish collaboration? Is Telly Addicts writing history here?

Yes, that Mandy Winger picture looks very lovely in the hallway:), like a place to call home.

That’s the place I keep my gas and matches Willie.