Changes to your forums

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's not extra, it's the missing "u"s in favorite and neighbor.

I wonder if Tellyaddicts will also inform us rather rudely that we have misspelled these words. :D

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Will be able to use the G word...or our grandmothers will have to be forgotten?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got your statues moved, Sarah. It was quite easy once I cut them into quarters. Leaving them out in the moving van in 95-degree heat might not have been the best solution, but good news: their milk-chocolate centers leaked all over the Mandy Winger portrait. I think it was a sign from God, or maybe just a prank from @Ome.

This name-change is one of the most inspired tax-dodges I have ever seen. :D Massive Props.

I have yet to get answers to my questions regarding the new server. Did it come so cheap because it's housed underneath Empire Valley in Greg Sumner's "Electronic Disneyland"? I mean, I'm all for upgrading with the times, but I'm not a fan of working in a toxic waste dump (again).

Renaming the site (again) was not taken lightly. Keep in mind that Soapchat was one letter off from Snapchat, which caused some confusion when that site took off in popularity. I suggested we rename the site FaceLook but was overruled.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Keep in mind that Soapchat was one letter off from Snapchat, which caused some confusion when that site took off in popularity. I suggested we rename the site FaceLook but was overruled.

And the less said about my "one letter off" suggestion the better. Apparently it was too similar to something called Twitter.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Will Soapchat.net redirect to the new site? And will it look different? Or is the software/layout staying the same and just the host and domain are changing?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

I hope no one misreads it as "ToryAddicts"...​

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm 99% sure it will just re-direct us for a while, but I plan to set up a new bookmark once the switchover has finalized in case the old server company decides to be a jerk and redirects us to some obscure, freaky fetish site.

micmic

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Why don’t you put some ads to over costs
2. Why changing the domain? Is .net more expensive?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I got your statues moved, Sarah. It was quite easy once I cut them into quarters. Leaving them out in the moving van in 95-degree heat might not have been the best solution, but good news: their milk-chocolate centers leaked all over the Mandy Winger portrait. I think it was a sign from God, or maybe just a prank from @Ome.

This name-change is one of the most inspired tax-dodges I have ever seen. :D Massive Props.

I have yet to get answers to my questions regarding the new server. Did it come so cheap because it's housed underneath Empire Valley in Greg Sumner's "Electronic Disneyland"? I mean, I'm all for upgrading with the times, but I'm not a fan of working in a toxic waste dump (again).

Renaming the site (again) was not taken lightly. Keep in mind that Soapchat was one letter off from Snapchat, which caused some confusion when that site took off in popularity. I suggested we rename the site FaceLook but was overruled.

C-ut the..m?? Cccc-uuut them?!?

They are so magically powerful that they will heal themselves anyway.

And they did their job. The evil possessed portrait is destroyed.

They do what I tell them see. And then I reap the rewards of being their ever humble servant.

:D

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
1. Why don’t you put some ads to over costs
2. Why changing the domain? Is .net more expensive?

I would hate to have ads popping up every two minutes - perhaps though @Ome can answer this one :)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We did look into this but found out we would make 3p a day. We simply don't have enough traffic to go down that route.

micmic

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We did look into this but found out we would make 3p a day. We simply don't have enough traffic to go down that route.
Since the forums are member oriented we can all pitch in and click some ads every once in a while :)