Christmas cards! - Its only August

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I was in town on Friday and dismayed to see Christmas cards on sale! (Card factory) Its still summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scream:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In 1997, a local mall went all-out Christmas in August. Apparently, they encouraged their tenants to join in.

It didn't happen again. But it happened.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The craft stores (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, etc.) have to be 4-5 months ahead of holidays, since the crafters of the world "work ahead". I was in HL several weeks ago and saw the ornaments and ribbon already out. Some lady was putting the fake trees together. It's 90 degrees outside.

Then again, on Christmas it'll still be 80, so maybe that's not relevant.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
dismayed to see Christmas cards on sale!
That's nothing. Here in Australia the major supermarkets are sweating on the clock to move from 11:59 New Years Eve to 12:01 New Years Day so they can put out the Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns. It's ridiculous.

The funniest thing I see is the fake Christmas Trees in department stores on sale with fake snow embedded on the ferns. Someone clearly didn't receive the message it's freaking hot here in December.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Believe it or not, there's a guy who lives a couple of miles from me and he still has his Christmas tree up from last year.

Swami

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the South, "The tree is up, but the lights aren't blinking" is a clever way of calling someone stupid. In this case, it might be a means of indicating the man has assumed room temperature.:eek:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
One of my biggest pet peeves. See my rant room thread under Random Things.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's nothing. Here in Australia the major supermarkets are sweating on the clock to move from 11:59 New Years Eve to 12:01 New Years Day so they can put out the Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns. It's ridiculous.

The funniest thing I see is the fake Christmas Trees in department stores on sale with fake snow embedded on the ferns. Someone clearly didn't receive the message it's freaking hot here in December.

Why is it hotter where you are in December than it usually is for me here in America?