• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas Actors Christopher Atkins on Long Island Medium

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's because the lady in the yellow is his real love :kiss:
I would LOVE to truly believe that! :clap:And Sue Ellen is probably the only woman that JR was ever really in love with! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

But why was JR never able to keep his pants on when an attractive woman passed by??? He had to know that his actions were hurting Sue Ellen! :cry:

They say "a picture paints a thousand words". In this case a thesis could be written just on that one shot. I'll admit by this stage in Lorimar Dallas I had tuned out. How the hell did the writers/producers/actors believe this was Dallas? The magic had gone. JR looks comatose. John Ross appears to be standing on Cally's train and getting pleasure out of it. Sue Ellen looks ready to hit the bottle simply to celebrate the fact she has had the last laugh on JR. And Cliff appears to have fallen asleep.
Sue Ellen does look sad even though a wedding is supposed to be a celebration of love!

Somehow, I found it weird that Sue Ellen was even invited to JR's wedding! I know that she's the mother of John Ross, but it's not common for ex's to attend each other's future weddings, IMO! But this is DALLAS, so I guess that anything is possible! :giggle:

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Why would Sue Ellen be celebrating at JR's wedding??? Her heart was most likely breaking even though she would never show it. Of course she was the only woman he was ever really in love with - he told her this at the very end of his life. As Linda Gray once said, JR cheated 'because he could'. He took her for granted time and time again (the dream season hinted at this in the kitchen). Don't you believe it @Ms Southworth ? You seem to....

Sue Ellen wasn't invited to the wedding. She turned up out of curiosity. I don't agree she should have gone. She should have stayed away for her own sake. It was too hard on her. I didn't give a shit what he was feeling by this stage.

What you have to understand about JR is, for an incredibly intelligent man, he was thick as pig shit when it came to recognising real love. I could get very deep here but I'm working and really should be concentrating.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll never forget that scene between Sue Ellen and Christopher at Southfork, speaking about the loss of the baby when suddenly the camera pans up and there is a menacing JR. The expression on his face upon learning he may not have been the father of that child was telling. Up until this point he was having fun sticking it to Cliff but when the realization of Sue Ellen and Christopher had made love you knew the poo had hit the fan.
:lolo: @Rove, I do hope that you meant to write Peter! :lolo: (or were you mixing up the name of the character and the actor?)

After all, Christopher is Sue Ellen's nephew!!! :giggle:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Christopher Atkins!!!! Yes I know that. I'm not that perverted.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
:lolo: @Rove, I do hope that you meant to write Peter! :lolo: (or were you mixing up the name of the character and the actor?)

After all, Christopher is Sue Ellen's nephew!!! :giggle:
Oh dear. Yes I meant to writer Peter. Silly me. I should have coffee first thing in the morning before logging into soapchat.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why would Sue Ellen be celebrating at JR's wedding??? Her heart was most likely breaking even though she would never show it. Of course she was the only woman he was ever really, in love with - he told her this at the very end of his life. As Linda Gray once said, JR cheated 'because he could'. He took her for granted time and time again (the dream season hinted at this in the kitchen). Don't you believe it @Ms Southworth ? You seem to....

Sue Ellen wasn't invited to the wedding. She turned up out of curiosity. I don't agree she should have gone. She should have stayed away for her own sake. It was too hard on her. I didn't give a shit what he was feeling by this stage.

What you have to understand about JR is, for an incredibly intelligent man, he was thick as pig shit when it came to recognising real love. I could get very deep here but I'm working and really should be concentrating.
Oh yes, JR took Sue Ellen for granted! :( And I was hurting because she let him walk all over her time and time again! :mad:
It takes two people wanting the same things for a relationship or a marriage to work out! :kiss: Sue Ellen wanted JR for herself, but he wasn't able to stay true to her! :frustration:

As you may already have picked up, @Sarah, I didn't like the seasons with double digits! Therefore, I don't remember many details from that time period in Dallas history, and thus didn't remember that Sue Ellen didn't get an invite to JR's wedding! I fully agree with you - Sue Ellen should have stayed away! ;)

Sue Ellen was in love with the man that JR always had been in her her dreams! But in reality, JR couldn't live up to her dreams! Quite sad, IMO! :cry:

Sue Ellen deserved so much more than JR was ever able to give! And I so much wanted her to find love with someone else! To find a man that would treat her like the queen she was! :kiss:

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Such a horrible storyline (like the rest of the double digit seasons)! JR could be her grandfather! Ewwww ... :brick:

Notice just how unhappy JR looks! :( There's no light shining in his eyes ... like you would think that a groom would have on his wedding day! (And I think that such a demeanor was a part of Larry's script)! ;)
Heck, NONE of them except Cally looked happy in that picture. JR looks he is at a funeral, Cliff looks like he is either yawning or asleep, Sue Ellen just looks like she is wondering what the heck she is even doing there, John Ross looks to be in shock, and that lady in the back looks like she just swallowed a lemon. The whole wedding was a joke, and it just made JR look weak since he was obviously just marrying Cally because he was desperate to please his mama and have another new trophy wife to boost whatever was left of his image in the business world. (shudder)

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Why would Sue Ellen be celebrating at JR's wedding??? Her heart was most likely breaking even though she would never show it. Of course she was the only woman he was ever really in love with - he told her this at the very end of his life. As Linda Gray once said, JR cheated 'because he could'. He took her for granted time and time again (the dream season hinted at this in the kitchen). Don't you believe it @Ms Southworth ? You seem to....

I fail to see how Sue Ellen was heartbroken. She was already making preparations to start a movie with Don Dorkwood to use as protection against JR. She had a blast making fun of JR during the "honeymoon", and even had no problem sleeping in the room right across from JR and Cally, which was quite creepy. Then she moved away to England and married Don Dorkwood. All of that and not even a tear shed or a comment about wanting JR back. Didn't seem hard on her at all, and I don't blame her at all for finally saying goodbye to her domestic violence-filled marriage with JR.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh yes, JR took Sue Ellen for granted! :( And I was hurting because she let him walk all over her time and time again! :mad:
It takes two people wanting the same things for a relationship or a marriage to work out! :kiss: Sue Ellen wanted JR for herself, but he wasn't able to stay true to her! :frustration:

As you may already have picked up, @Sarah, I didn't like the seasons with double digits! Therefore, I don't remember many details from that time period in Dallas history, and thus didn't remember that Sue Ellen didn't get an invite to JR's wedding! I fully agree with you - Sue Ellen should have stayed away! ;)

Sue Ellen was in love with the man that JR always had been in her her dreams! But in reality, JR couldn't live up to her dreams! Quite sad, IMO! :cry:

Sue Ellen deserved so much more than JR was ever able to give! And I so much wanted her to find love with someone else! To find a man that would treat her like the queen she was! :kiss:

Her love for him kept her there, but I agree - she deserved better. She is a Queen. THE Queen. I just wanted that man to be him. And it almost was before he died :( Too bad the Butt Head took too long to realise where he belonged.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Her love for him kept her there, but I agree - she deserved better. She is a Queen. THE Queen. I just wanted that man to be him. And it almost was before he died :( Too bad the Butt Head took too long to realise where he belonged.
Quite a few good men around the world never fully understood what they'd lost (or missed out on) until it was too late! A big part of me think that JR knew all along that there would never be another woman like Sue Ellen in his life. And still he chose to keep on chasing other women for a quick roll in the hay! It was his loss! He could have had it all, if only ... ...! :wink@

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I've been through a similar experience myself with a man. One day, karma will reach him.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was his loss! He could have had it all, if only ... ...! :wink@
And that is exactly how they ended the series in "Conundrum".

Who would have thought, after watching the first year, that J.R. would end up the way he did.