Cole and Lance's secret trip on the Love Boat

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I knew it, I knew it!

Did Angela send Peter to spy on them?
I don't remember this story, maybe the episode was BANNED because it was too hot?

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Angela sent Peter because she was preoccupied using Julia's nun's habit to chat up another passenger.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Angela would have not permit a gay romance in Falcon Crest so Lance and Cole had to go away (at sea) while Melissa tried to comfort herself (with the first man she saw).

Grant Jennings

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ah, yes, I remember this plot from season 10. The Tuscany Valley suffers from a drought so Angela decides to go to Acapulco to smuggle marijuana and cocaine into the U.S. Angela assumes the identity of Sister Patricia (Sada Thompson) knowing customs won't suspect a nun of smuggling drugs. Angela's henchman, Miguel (Adrian Zmed), and Lance have kidnapped the real Sister Patricia and have her tied up below deck. Cole is suspicious of Angela and Lance so he books a cruise, too, under the ruse that it's a romantic getaway for him and his new girlfriend, Carrie (Melissa Sue Anderson). Kristin (that was an impostor in the Southfork pool) has assumed a new identity and runs Angela's south of the border drug operation. Emma accidentally lets Peter know about Angela's travel plans so he books a cruise hoping to surprise Angela. Trudy Joplin (Olivia Brown) of the D.E.A. (formerly of the Miami vice squad) goes undercover as a passenger when she suspects the ship is being used to smuggle drugs.

While on the cruise Lance and Cole express long hidden feelings. Angela walks in on the two and says "Look what we have here: two queens aboard a princess".

Monzo

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I'm currently watching The Love Boat again. Watched Jane's nun episode, I loved she choose God over her high school sweetheart she met on the cruise again. Looking forward to watch this featured episode with Lance & Cole. Since Dionne Warwick is singing the Love Boat theme it has to be one of the later episodes.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That particular episode had a stellar list of guest stars:

Mary Ingalls - Little House On The Prairie
Kristen Shepherd - Dallas
Lance Cumson - Falcon Crest
Cole Gioberti - Falcon Crest
Peter Stavros - Falcon Crest
Trudy Joplin - Miami Vice
Kate Lawrence - Family

More stars than the milky way.

Last edited:

Jock Og

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ana Alicia should've have guest starred with her two FC co-stars, on The LB in this 1986 show. Their showdown scenes in the wine saga were always something. Maybe Ana could've showed up and played a singer, as she performed in twilight FALCON CREST. Well the Agretti vintner gave it a shot and tried her best. Picture this on the cruiser:

Grape granny Angela wants to invest in Melissa and Lance's winery. The supreme vintner has the Tuscany Land Corporation in her control and sees this as good leverage, to increase her holdings for the umpteenth time. There is a meeting in the living room of the Falcon Crest mansion, (a scene from season 6, 1986 - '87):

Lance: "Aren't you gonna offer us a drink?"

Angela: "No! I'm going to do better than that. I'm going to offer you a way out of your financial predicament."

Lance: "Okay, cut the garbage. I know you've done your checking. You know that we owe an awful lot of money; to complete the build of that winery and we need to borrow a lot more, to keep the place open."

Angela: "I'm a willing lender, providing I have an interest in your operation."

Melissa laughs: "Oh, I'm so sorry! Excuse me Angela. I'm not sure how to really take this act on the road. Ah you'd bring the house down in Vegas."

Angela: "I don't think you'll be laughing six months from now, when the bank comes knocking or the Tuscany Land Corporation."

Lance gets up from the sofa and so does Melissa. He says to his grandmother: "This place is beginning to stink! I wonder sometimes why do I even bother."

Angela: "Lance!"

Lance: "What?"

Angela watches them, as they stand in her hallway.

Angela: "I'm going to keep your room open. I have a hunch you're gonna need it."

Melissa and Lance stand outside the front door. The beautiful Agretti wine loving woman goes off on one again. Angela is eavesdropping in the hallway.

Lance snogs Melissa. She pushes him away, while saying, "Take it to Dina!" (His latest squeeze on the side).