Continuity Errors

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Is season 2 the season to be if you want to gawk at Joan's natural hair?
It seems to be impossible to figure out when in wig, fake or real.

Why did they change her hair so much, when she had seemingly naturally good hair?
Almost every time you see Alexis in season 2 it's a wig unless her hair is tied back in a tight bun or she's wearing a hat. Even when you see her natural hairline exposed it's usually still a wig. A 3/4th wig. It blends her front hairline in with a wig to give a fuller instant style. Joan has naturally fine hair that she didn't like to damage with heat styling and hot rollers etc every day for filming. It's just easier to get a glam look quickly with a wig/piece.
When she made a movie with Michael Winner he only agreed to hire her if she didn't wear a wig. She agreed and he hired her and she made the movie. On the last day of filming she tore off her wig and threw it at him laughing. He never realised she was wearing one. Her wigs in season 2 look mostly natural I think. As the show went on the became very puffy and changed a lot. She goes from dark ebony to soft caramel browns to brown with blonde highlights.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
It´s always easier when you get angry to take the wig off and throw it away (see @Alexis´s signature pic!) than pull your own hair...

1599673163047.png

"Besides, Raquel Welch has always made me a good price for them!"

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Almost every time you see Alexis in season 2 it's a wig unless her hair is tied back in a tight bun or she's wearing a hat. Even when you see her natural hairline exposed it's usually still a wig. A 3/4th wig. It blends her front hairline in with a wig to give a fuller instant style. Joan has naturally fine hair that she didn't like to damage with heat styling and hot rollers etc every day for filming. It's just easier to get a glam look quickly with a wig/piece.
When she made a movie with Michael Winner he only agreed to hire her if she didn't wear a wig. She agreed and he hired her and she made the movie. On the last day of filming she tore off her wig and threw it at him laughing. He never realised she was wearing one. Her wigs in season 2 look mostly natural I think. As the show went on the became very puffy and changed a lot. She goes from dark ebony to soft caramel browns to brown with blonde highlights.

Thanks!

Yes, season 2 is a beautiful Joan/Alexis-season. Hair-wise and otherwise. I always thought that was her own hair, and she didn't bother with the wigs until later.
Alexis in season 2 feels so natural in every movement and word, every clothing piece and hairstyle. So fresh and crisp in the morning autumn air. It's all very poetic and "from another time".

Of the two, I would have guessed Linda as the one with the wig. :p

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, season 2 is a beautiful Joan/Alexis-season. Hair-wise and otherwise. I always thought that was her own hair, and she didn't bother with the wigs until later.
Alexis in season 2 feels so natural in every movement and word, every clothes piece and hairstyle. So fresh and crisp in the morning autumn air. It's all very poetic and "from another time".
Looks like Joan's real hair here because of the hairline, but's there's a hairpiece a, 3/4th wig giving all that fullness and body in the back and sides.
Of the two, I would have guessed Linda as the one with the wig. :p
Linda didn't wear a wig, but she did wear a hairpiece to add fullness at the back. It gives that bob it's weight and full shape at the bottom. It would have also been to save her blonde hair from constant blow drying and heat styling. They styled the piece and blended it with her own hair.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Season 2 wiggetry

Drastically different hair in the last two art studio scenes with Alexis. And you can kinda notice Krystle's hairpiece in the back in the last video too. Though hers is much more subtle and not easy to spot.

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think it's a wig. According to me she started wearing wigs in late season 2. Around the same episodes in which Pamela Sue Martin had that bunch of fake hair that she hated.

In the tv movie "Making of a male model" Joan Collins did not wear a wig either. Her hair was thin like in the very first episodes of season 4.

Attachments

• tWSR8oGG0kUY0Ic5nC3ib4vNgTq.jpg
    tWSR8oGG0kUY0Ic5nC3ib4vNgTq.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 67

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think it's a wig. According to me she started wearing wigs in late season 2. Around the same episodes in which Pamela Sue Martin had that bunch of fake hair that she hated.

In the tv movie "Making of a male model" Joan Collins did not wear a wig either. Her hair was thin like in the very first episodes of season 4.
Trust me it's a wig. Joan was wearing wigs from the 1950s. I know what her real hair looked like down at all periods of her career and I can tell when she's wearing a wig or a piece. Her natural hair was never as full as Alexis' ever was no mater how she styled it. I worked for a while setting wigs too and Joan is wearing wigs and pieces all through season 2.

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 2 wiggetry

Drastically different hair in the last two art studio scenes with Alexis. And you can kinda notice Krystle's hairpiece in the back in the last video too. Though hers is much more subtle and not easy to spot.

Alexis' hair in the last video (MeantToBe)is beautiful. One of her best dos.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Trust me it's a wig. Joan was wearing wigs from the 1950s. I know what her real hair looked like down at all periods of her career and I can tell when she's wearing a wig or a piece. Her natural hair was never as full as Alexis' ever was no mater how she styled it. I worked for a while setting wigs too and Joan is wearing wigs and pieces all through season 2.

Are you telling us that Joan is... is... fibbing?!

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Blake never wore a wedding ring.
I always thought they depicted/told the story of Blake brilliantly as the strong patriarch, but his marriage/Krystle thing he had missed the little but important detail of a ring!

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pay close attention to Joel's car at the beginning and end of this scene. I was a bit of a car geek as a teenager so I don't know why it took me all these years to notice but the car at the beginning is Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham from 1983, 84 or 85. The car going over the cliff is a Cadillac De Ville from 1977, 78 or 79.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this is exactly a continuity error, but it's....something like it. Krystle and Alexis are at a swanky fundraiser and a reporter lets Krystle know that Alexis has been spreading gossip about K and B's marriage. The very next scene is them walking outside on a trail in the woods and they end up sliding down into a mud pit. It was a fun scene, but why are they suddenly out in the woods wes with seemingly no one else around? Alexis even throws her purse down and leaves it there. Nothing was in it? Credit cards? Car keys?
A ridiculous scene, but still enjoyable!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve always said that of all the times I’ve seen rich people leave a fundraiser to go out in the woods by themselves only to end up at the bottom of a mud pit that that one was clearly the best! And the dialogue between them while they’re both sitting there is just plain hysterical

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As opposed to...being picked up from the floor, like an ordinary non-Carrington? :yikey:
Krystle was going into severe distress. How was it possible for them to carry her up the huge staircase when she couldn’t even move when she’s in the floor? The ambulance was on its way already.